Posted: 5 years ago
I watched hasratein after that debate on the shows. I have started watching it from Kts  entry to the episodes where they sleep together. And then coming out to their partners that they love each other.

Although ema  is wrong they were atleast honest. those saavi and  KT never played holier than thou attitude . Saavi  is paying with her child getting away from her as well! Also she never got the chance to explore the world but no that doesn't justify ema

But here I have issue regarding the way they are showing. They are not making it convincing. With all that music and true love thing they're making it very hard it to watch.  

Actually in that show you feel for saavi role but I don't feel bad for nandini's character. I kind of like kts character because he doesn't act saint like kunal babu

True dialogues were on point. The self realisation that it's more than friendship.
The self truama  and guilt feeling of saavi that she is doing wrong but can't live with her husband anymore. The dialogues executed her pain. She wasn't saying God wants us together lol 

so I don't agree with the comparison of both shows. The execution was class apart.  
Edited by oldanurprernfan - 5 years ago
My point  too. The execution was class apart. KT-Saavi had a base of friendship over which the whole affair flourished. KT had issues with his wife.
None of that here. Everything is a mess here when it comes to show EMA.
Originally posted by arshi_asya

My point  too. The execution was class apart. KT-Saavi had a base of friendship over which the whole affair flourished. KT had issues with his wife.
None of that here. Everything is a mess here when it comes to show EMA.
Saavis husband controlled her everything . He didn't want her to work. He didn't like her makeup. He didntlike her dressing up. He just wanted a doormat and saavi realised it over the time. I read people were rooting for saavi  just because she wasn't that bad. But people can't root for nandini. As kts  character he isn't running away from his kids responsibility so far but what I have seen.  Yes he left his wife for saavi and there isn't justification for this. But they realised and didn't try to hide their love for each other and were ready for the fights and humiliation  they will get. Unlike kunal nandu 
Actually I started like saavi  but can't like nandini  just because the execution of characters are class apart!
Originally posted by oldanurprernfan

Saavis husband controlled her everything . He didn't want her to work. He didn't like her makeup. He didntlike her dressing up. He just wanted a doormat and saavi realised it over the time. I read people were rooting for saavi  just because she wasn't that bad. But people can't root for nandini. As kts  character he isn't running away from his kids responsibility so far but what I have seen.  Yes he left his wife for saavi and there isn't justification for this. But they realised and didn't try to hide their love for each other and were ready for the fights and humiliation  they will get. Unlike kunal nandu 
Actually I started like saavi  but can't like nandini  just because the execution of characters are class apart!

I haven't watched Hasratein completely since I was a child when that show aired. But  I have caught few episodes on Youtube & with that I can say that show comes no where close to this one.

Dialogues were superb there with hardcore raw & real content. This one is just pure melodrama wrapped on the name of EMA.

Besides, that age didn't have social media to discuss or lent out their disappointment with the content.

With that logic, there was a time when EK shows used to have a huge following but now her shows don't have that, infact her shows are criticized all around.

Things have changed. So, the comparison is just plain illogical.

I can't think of any serial or movie In which they showed this ungrateful other woman as a best friend and characterless husband like kunal who ditched a wife like mauli for greener pastures ..silsila or kank had completely different stories even if they showed ema..arth, the other woman was unapologetic but she was psychologically upset , she had ocd and the man was guilty ...the only person who held her head high was shabanas character ..
Originally posted by _charu_

I can't think of any serial or movie In which they showed this ungrateful other woman as a best friend and characterless husband like kunal who ditched a wife like mauli for greener pastures ..silsila or kank had completely different stories even if they showed ema..arth, the other woman was unapologetic but she was psychologically upset , she had ocd and the man was guilty ...the only person who held her head high was shabanas character ..
Absolutely...
This is what makes it all.the more difficult to digest...
The best friend who would have been in hell on this Earth if not for her and the husband  she gives unwavering support to  shamelessly betraying  her...
Pathetic characters...
Edited by amortentia15 - 5 years ago
Moreover in Hastaratein they took their time to build the plot unlike in Silsila where the EMA started out of nowhere without any base
Originally posted by arshi_asya

I haven't watched Hasratein completely since I was a child when that show aired. But  I have caught few episodes on Youtube & with that I can say that show comes no where close to this one.

Dialogues were superb there with hardcore raw & real content. This one is just pure melodrama wrapped on the name of EMA.

Besides, that age didn't have social media to discuss or lent out their disappointment with the content.

With that logic, there was a time when EK shows used to have a huge following but now her shows don't have that, infact her shows are criticized all around.

Things have changed. So, the comparison is just plain illogical.

True dialogues were on point. The self realisation that it's more than friendship.
The self truama  and guilt feeling of saavi that she is doing wrong but can't live with her husband anymore. The dialogues executed her pain. She wasn't saying God wants us together lol 
Originally posted by _charu_

Kank  was another weird movie which was disliked by everyone. They tried to show srk  n rani characters in love but people didn't buy as abhishek and rani characters had no fault there!

But here execution is so bad. There are no grounds and base for ema
Originally posted by oldanurprernfan

Kank  was another weird movie which was disliked by everyone. They tried to show srk  n rani characters in love but people didn't buy as abhishek and rani characters had no fault there!

But here execution is so bad. There are no grounds and base for ema

Maan liya abhishek and priety had no fault, but their spouses were not happy in the MARRIAGE AND there was a discord . Which was not there in Kunals case..nandini doing this to mauli , who pulled her out of hell is plain disgusting..If there was any other girl except nandini I wouldn't have bothered