Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
rehmans best work was i guess dil se and pukar 
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ilovecrepes

Ranjini, I feel you girl! 

Rockstar should be there right with Dil Se, best if ARR. 

ARR's best is his work down South though. As brilliant as Rockstar is (probably his best in recent years IMO) but his songs in the 90s and early 2000s are even better. That probably just goes on to show how brilliant he is.
hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
OMG. Yes. Absolutely. It make sense to me now. I LOVE the song. It's beautiful. The lyrics are beautiful but I never realized Irshad had interwoven the lyrics, the background story with the actual one in the movie. It's pretty amazing. Irshad has done his best work in Rockstar. All the songs have such deep meaning and beautiful words. You really have to delve in deeper.
So has ARR. The Rockstar album is literally one of the best albums and one of my most favorites. 
Aur Ho, Hawa Hawa and Tum Ho are few of my most favorite songs ever. And Mohit Chauhan has been my favorite singer alongside Arjit ever since this movie.

And this I think is the unpopular opinion but I love the movie. I didn't understand the movie in the first watch, I wasn't frustrated but intrigued more so. I have watched it multiple times now and although I had to google a bit to a get a clear idea of the story, I absolutely love the movie except Nargis honestly. She ruined the movie with her lips.

hedwig_fawkes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I love this song too. It is so operatic and atmospheric. Really weaves a story. Vastly underrated.
rogerrocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: quicksilver.

OMG. Yes. Absolutely. It make sense to me now. I LOVE the song. It's beautiful. The lyrics are beautiful but I never realized Irshad had interwoven the lyrics, the background story with the actual one in the movie. It's pretty amazing. Irshad has done his best work in Rockstar. All the songs have such deep meaning and beautiful words. You really have to delve in deeper.

So has ARR. The Rockstar album is literally one of the best albums and one of my most favorites. 
Aur Ho, Hawa Hawa and Tum Ho are few of my most favorite songs ever. And Mohit Chauhan has been my favorite singer alongside Arjit ever since this movie.

And this I think is the unpopular opinion but I love the movie. I didn't understand the movie in the first watch, I wasn't frustrated but intrigued more so. I have watched it multiple times now and although I had to google a bit to a get a clear idea of the story, I absolutely love the movie except Nargis honestly. She ruined the movie with her lips.

Haha am so glad there is someone who realised it now. Cos I assumed everyone apart from me had noticed the lyrics and the story interwoven in this song ðŸ˜† It actually gets better on multiple hearings and you realise how brilliant Mohit is. He is head and shoulders above most singers in Bollywood including Arijith yet the guy is not getting enough opportunities.

rogerrocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: hedwig_fawkes

I love this song too. It is so operatic and atmospheric. Really weaves a story. Vastly underrated.

Operatic is the word. The song is pictured in the same way too. You have the play being enacted side by side and the song seamlessly fits both in the context of that play as well as the film. Damn. I can't believe I was sleeping on this song ðŸ˜†
LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Rockstar is my one of FAV music albums .
And i have love-hate relationship with this movie. I keep switching from loving to criticising the movie . But inspite of that this happens to be my fav performance of Ranbir .
And music of the movie will forever be gold for its masterpiece lyrics .