Users

Frequent Posters

braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: -Ross-

Hi acwriter, 
Some valid points raised by you. My doubts
1) What open voting can do, same thing can be done by reviews? Why do you think reviews will not have same effects? 

2)by PM to organiser you are giving everything in our hand, where's transparancy? It should be there right? 

You can disclose the particular votes for transparency after the last date...if this helps...

Also reviews shouldn't be allowed...thats what I feel as a valid point raised by you as well😊
Edited by braveheartdoc - 5 years ago
Ross11 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: braveheartdoc

One more thing Ross... 

Do we have any Mod involved here as we need someone who can keep a check if anyone is asking for votes through them?
Otherwise how would this be assured?

As you knew our Mods are inactive since many days, I have PMed to newly added active Mod, let's see. 
braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

As you knew our Mods are inactive since many days, I have PMed to newly added active Mod, let's see. 

Ok let's hope she can help...
acwriter thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Hi acwriter, 
Some valid points raised by you. My doubts
1) What open voting can do, same thing can be done by reviews? Why do you think reviews will not have same effects? 

2)by PM to organiser you are giving everything in our hand, where's transparancy? It should be there right? 

Well review is choice not at all compulsory but voting is not all of them are going to drop their reviews in comment section and everyone will be fine with reviews because as a participant the person should learn how to handle though I doubt anyone is going to.drop negative comments and if you think that reviews can cause the problem then you can tell readers not to write reviews because its not compulsory its a choice so it is or tell them to write long review like review all of them through this we will come to know that the reader is not being biased but voting is compulsory so I think we should not disclose it 
acwriter thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: braveheartdoc

You can disclose the particular votes for transparency after the last date...if this helps...

Also reviews shouldn't be allowed...thats what I feel as a valid point raised by you as well😊

Well if thats the case then involve mods in the competition if you can and if not then I think its still fine you organized the competition and you can disclose it after the competition the number of votes maybe rest is up to you 
Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
It was nice reading all the 16 entries. I voted already and i saw the discussion now. Anyways, I don't think open voting will cause any issues. Been on IF since 2013 (lost my first id password) n in most forums its open voting only. With 16 entries, which is a huge number its not possible to influence others with ur votes. 16 entries n 6 places is strong enough. 
Kudos to organizers for the themes and to all the writers who did a great job
Ross11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samaina12

It was nice reading all the 16 entries. I voted already and i saw the discussion now. Anyways, I don't think open voting will cause any issues. Been on IF since 2013 (lost my first id password) n in most forums its open voting only. With 16 entries, which is a huge number its not possible to influence others with ur votes. 16 entries n 6 places is strong enough. 

Kudos to organizers for the themes and to all the writers who did a great job

Hey thanks Samaina12, you are a saviour. πŸ˜³

I agree with you open voting is not as troublesome as it is pretented to be. πŸ˜³
Also it takes lots of time to scan through all the pages and then also check which entry number for which OS for each vote, itna time kiske paas hai. 

Btw you are quite fast, itne jaldi padh bhi daale. 
Ross11 thumbnail
Final Verdict

It will be open voting and readers can post their reviews too. 

My Contest My Rules! 
Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hey thanks Samaina12, you are a saviour. πŸ˜³

I agree with you open voting is not as troublesome as it is pretented to be. πŸ˜³
Also it takes lots of time to scan through all the pages and then also check which entry number for which OS for each vote, itna time kiske paas hai. 

Btw you are quite fast, itne jaldi padh bhi daale. 

holiday ki faayda uthaayi after wrapping up my office workπŸ˜†
 I think the voting in its current  format is fine. 3-4ghante lag jayenge waose poora padhne mein. It took  me 6 hrs .. I read 2 at a time with breaks.. Then socha vote bhi kar deti hoon. So yeah its gonna be a tough job to vote so writers can be assured of unbiased voting.
MSK04 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Final Verdict

It will be open voting and readers can post their reviews too. 

My Contest My Rules! 

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Good one Ross... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†