Fluffyalexis thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Sanjay Dutt and Tina Munim's affair was one of the most-talked affairs during the 80s. The two acted together in his debut film Rocky. In a throwback interview, Sanjay Dutt spoke at length about his then-girlfriend Tina and the controversies surrounding their affair.

The actor was questioned about the rumours that were going around at that time that Sanjay is happy as Tina Munim's career is going down. About the same, the actor had answered, "Frankly, I have never interfered in my girl friend's career, except in the matter of her clothes. I am very possessive about her. She is mine and I don't like her to expose herself on screen. That's exactly where my interest in her career ends. If I am indifferent to her flops and hits, it doesn't mean that I am selfish enough to be delighted when her career is not doing well, only because that would make her sit at home. If I wanted her to stop working, I can ask her to do so. I don't want her to quit for another three years, for that's when intend to get married. I want her to enjoy life and do whatever she wants to do till then."  

Tina Munim's linkup news was also in the news at the time while she was dating Sanjay. Was Sanjay turning a blind eye to all the link-up news?  He answered, "My girl has been linked with so many men that it is physically impossible for any woman to cope with so many of them in such a short time. I have not defended her blindly. Each time I've heard or read about her, I've gone insane with anger but most of the time, she has managed to convince me that what I've heard is not true. I love her too much not to believe her. One has to trust somebody sometime, and I trust her. I always tell her, Today, I am quietly taking everything I hear about you because I don't want you to start screaming and getting suspicious the moment you listen to stories about me.' I obviously expect her to be as understanding  with me as I am with her today."

Edited by desiking3 - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Singularity thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
"I don't want her to quit for another three years, for that's when intend to get married. I want her to enjoy life and do whatever she wants to do till then."
🤢
MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
She dumped him for Rajesh Khanna, didn't she? Imagine getting dumped for Rajesh Khanna! How devastating! 😆
Fluffyalexis thumbnail

Originally posted by: MithiBani

She dumped him for Rajesh Khanna, didn't she? Imagine getting dumped for Rajesh Khanna! How devastating! 😆

Ita said that when Sanjay took to substance abuse after the release of his debut, Rocky, Tina found it difficult to handle him. Despite her best efforts, Sanjay was in no mood to sober up and that's when she allegedly realised that they weren't meant to be.

Fresh out of a relationship, Tina decided the best way to go was to concentrate on her career. In fact, rumour has it that during her relationship with Sanjay, she rejected hit movies such as Love Story and Ek Duje Ke Liye. In the early 80s, filmmakers started approaching Tina again with big projects and she knew that she had to make the most of it. Among the films offered, there were a few that paired her with megastar Rajesh Khanna. Tina was naturally ecstatic about being Rajesh Khanna's heroine. They worked in films like Fifty Fifty and Sauten, both of which were blockbusters. Thus started the great professional and personal union that lasted through 11 films. 

It was a known fact that Rajesh Khanna liked to court much younger women. Quite like Dimple, the age difference between Tina and him was also a glaring 15 years. However, that didn't stop Tina from falling head over heels in love with the first superstar of the country. 

During that time, rumours were rife that Kaka and Dimple Kapadia's marital life was shaky. In a few years, the couple separated. Insiders say during the break-up of his marriage, Tina provided the much-needed support. In an interview, Kaka admitted,  "I married Dimple on the rebound and Tina was a balm on my wounds. Strangely enough, in the initial stages of the Tina-Kaka relationship, Dimple and she befriended each other. Dimple would go on Kaka's outdoor shoots and bond with Tina. Of course, she had no clue that Tina would eventually get involved with her husband!  

Tina and Rajesh allegedly started getting close while shooting for their movies. And after Dimple moved out, their relationship deepened. After dating for a while, Tina apparently moved into Rajesh's palatial bungalow, a rather bold step those days. 

Everything was going well between Tina and Kaka who had become inseparable. Kaka played the perfect boyfriend who made sure that Tina was comfortable, even gifting her expensive gifts like jewellery and customised cars. The duo never hid their relationship either; in fact, they were very candid about it. In an interview, Tina admitted that Kaka and she were so close that they even shared the same toothbrush! A lot of people, especially scribes even saw Tina dressed in Kaka's favourite garb a silk kurta and lungi.  

However, tina wasn't just happy to share Kaka's home and his clothes, she apparently wanted something more his surname. A few years into the relationship, Tina allegedly started demanding that Rajesh marry her but the only way to achieve this was if Kaka divorced Dimple. Reportedly, Kaka gave Tina false hopes but she soon realised that he wasn't ever going to divorce his first wife. Tina didn't want to stick around and play second fiddle for long. And that's when she decided to take the hard decision of leaving him.

Insiders say Rajesh was shocked and he begged her not to go, but her mind was made up. As a goodbye gift, Tina allegedly made copies of 20 of his best films, and packaged them in velvet covers with the titles in gold thread. 

Though Tina remained tightly guarded about Kaka, in a rare interview, she admitted, "Kaka was incapable of loving anyone. He was only ever in love with himself!  After breaking up with Rajesh, Tina moved to California briefly to attend college. In 1992, she married Anil Ambani. Rajesh continued to work in films and was linked to a few women in the subsequent years. However, he could never regain his lost glory on screen. 

Fluffyalexis thumbnail
I'm always amazed at how ppl are always ready to forgive men who commit such henious crime . if an actress did the same thing even their biggest supporters would Start hating them.
SrideviFan4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
. Edited by SrideviFan4ever - 5 years ago
JackOfAllTrades thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Of course he is.
I heard that he didn't let his daughter enter BW  😕  
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
To me, any man who controls what his wife/gf wear who expects her to quit career for marriage, acts jealous and possessive with rage is a misogynist. 
willina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SrideviFan4ever

Didn't he say sometime ago that he's going to break his daughter's legs if she tries to enter Bollywood? 

Yesss yes he did... Trishala never even gt a chance to audition. His industry frnds blocked her on his request
JackOfAllTrades thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: willina

Yesss yes he did... Trishala never even gt a chance to audition. His industry frnds blocked her on his request

He never cared for her or her mother, but he has the audacity to stop her from choosing the profession of her choice.🤢
And people still have to ask whether he is a misogynist or not? Hell yes. He is  ðŸ˜¡