Do u know how hard it is to earn 280 RS:Twinkle Khanna

Fluffyalexis thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

I was working as a part timer in Crossword Juhu, Mumbai as a sales representative for Mattel Toys.

10 years ago a small, 4 year old kid came to me asking for a toy. I asked him what he wanted, he replied, "I will search for my toy so I said, "Ok.

After searching for a long time he found a toy and with a surprised look he said "I was looking for this very toy since long!
It was a bubble maker toy.

After that he went happily running towards his Mom and I resumed my work.

After sometime a fair lady with colored hair came to me with anger written all over her face. I didn't recognize her at first but I realised later that it was Twinkle Khanna.

She came to me and started yelling, "Have you shown this to him?

I replied, "No he has taken it himself.

After hearing it she again shouted at me saying, "how can you give toys to small kids? and a long speech of never-ending rants.

As I was working part time with a meagre salary I got a little frustrated at her and replied, "if you have any problem you can file a complaint against my name to the manager.

Then she shouted at her son and he started crying and after that she asked me the cost of the toy to which I said, "It's Rs 280 and then what she said shocked me.

She said, "do you know how much hard work is required to earn 280 rupees! and she left!

I found her very rude because shouting at me made no sense and yelling at the small kid on the money part was quite rude as well.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
That is her method of parenting. Staff overreacted coz he/she was at the receiving end of her ire.. But otherwise I don't find it wrong in a mother trying to teach her kid value for money n stuff.
Mistyy thumbnail
Frankly nothing wrong with teaching a child value of money especially her child who is born in so much money and luxury. But yes, her approach could have been much better.
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Dhat.

Having worked in retail in High school, this is a regular occurrence with Moms. Dad's on the other hand are awesome. 99% of the times if a kid walks in with his dad and likes something,he's getting it.
Dad's are underrated. Need more songs, poems, jingles on Dad's.
Edited by guess.wh0 - 5 years ago