Samaina_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
Heya folks, I am back with another OS on Samaina. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did penning it down. Please let me know your thoughts on it.
And this is dedicated to my friends Rucha and Simi who always help me find suitable titles for my stories and encourage me with their suggestions and appreciation. 😊

Decked up in a beautiful red lehnga, Naina took a quick tour around the room. As she glanced through, a photo frame with a photograph of her enjoying in the rain, kept on the side table of the bed, caught her attention. The photograph was taken without her knowledge, yet the memories associated with it, made her lips curve into a smile. She had topped the final year University examinations and the unanticipated rain had doubled her joy. She was basking in the glory of her success oblivious of her surroundings when Preeti took that picture. She laughed at her childishness and stopped in her tracks when she saw her reflection in the mirror and realisation dawned upon her. She was no longer the same carefree, chirpy, happy go lucky girl who had big dreams. The girl who stared at her across the mirror was someone's wife. The vermillion in the parting of her hair symbolised her marital status. The seven pheras taken around the sacred fire few hours before, had bounded her to her husband for seven births. She was Naina Sameer Maheshwari now.

Her mind drifted to the memories of the day when she had first met Sameer's nanaji at the Shiv temple. She had saved his pooja thali from falling down when his hands trembled due to the sudden increase in his blood pressure. She took care of him and didn't leave his side until he was fine. He was deeply moved by her gesture and blessed her whole heartedly before leaving for his home.

Naina had long forgotten about the incident until one fine day when she saw the same man she had helped in the mandir standing at her doorstep along with his family. He had come to her house to ask  her hand for his grandson. On learning that the man was none other than Jayprakash Maheshwari, the renowned industrialist, Naina was shocked to  the core and so was her Taiji who had never thought in her weirdest dreams that Naina would get an alliance from such a rich family. That was the first day she had seen Sameer. Girls in her family were not allowed to look at boys directly in front of elders, so all she could manage was to catch a few glimpses here and there. Before leaving, Nanaji asked Naina to come forward and patted on her head affectionately 'Janti ho Naina, jis din mai tumhe mandir me mila tha, tum mere man ko bhaa gayi thi. Maine usi din soch liya tha ki mere Sameer ki Dulhan tum hi banogi. Lekin beta, tum par koi zabardasti nahi hai, ye shaadi sirf tumhari razamandi se hogi. Islie aaram se sochna aur fir faisla krna. Haan par mai ye zarur kehna chahunga ki agar tum hamare ghar aaogi to tumhe hum apni beti bana kr rakhenge. Naina's eyes began to tear up as emotions took the better of her. This was the first time when someone apart from her Chacha Chachi had talked to her with such love and warmth. Her father and taiji had always chided her for bringing bad luck to their family.  'Hume aapke jawab ka intezar rahega', saying this, Maheshwaris took their leave.

The next few hours were spent in the Agarwal household quarrelling and hurling accusations at each other. While Tauji, Taiji and Rakesh  were angry at Anand for not agreeing immediately to the proposal, Anand and Bela were adamant on making Naina study further. This was not something new for Naina. Through out her growing years, she had seen her chachaji fighting for her rights while her own father never cared for her happiness. She was a burden to her father and he wanted to get rid of her as soon as possible. 'Dekho Anand, mat bhulo ki Naina meri beti hai. Uski zindagi ke faisle lene ka haq sirf mujhe hai. Aur kya karoge use aage padha kar? Graduation karwa di na. Aur ab kya collector banaoge is? Ladkio ki pdhai kisi kaam ki nahi hoti.  Aur vaise bhi itnaa rishta bar bar nahi milta' shouted Rakesh wanting to make his point clear to his younger brother. Taiji supported his argument and added fuel to the fire ' Han bhai bin maa ki bacchi hai, shakal Surat bhi theek hi hai, aur tum itna acha rishta thukrana chahte ho. Nahi Anand Babu aisa nahi ho skta.' Anand tried to knock some sense into their minds but ultimately he had to give up when Rakesh threatened to leave the house and never come back.

Naina who was witnessing everything standing at the corner, sighed as noone bothered coming up to her and asking what she wanted. It was normal for girls of her age to get married but Naina was different from others. All her life, she had not dreamt of any guy.  While her friends would drool over filmy heroes, she would  utilise her time in studies. After graduation, she wanted to study more and make her name in the world. She knew that she would have to get married some day but she was not ready yet. Naina badly wanted to go and tell her father that she wouldn't get married without achieving her dreams but she didn't have the courage to stand against him. Infact, if chachaji had not intervened, her father would have got her married after school only. Dejectedly, she accepted her fate.

Things proceeded at a very fast pace after Agarwals agreed for the marriage. Sameer and Naina's marriage was fixed after three months. They met only twice during their courtship period that too in the presence of their families. They did not get any chance to interact as talking on phone was not allowed in her house. Neither Sameer asked to meet her alone, nor did Naina make any efforts to talk to him.

Her chain of thoughts was broken as she heard footsteps approaching towards the door. Realising Sameer might be coming soon, nervousness started building up in her mind. She immediately sat down on the bed and her head started spinning with a flood of thoughts. What was she supposed to do? She had no idea what a couple was supposed to do on their wedding night. She remembered herself and Preeti asking Pooja di about her marriage night and not having the courage to listen to any of the details. Was Sameer going to do the same with her? Or would he talk to her and befriend her?  Should she tell him about her intention of studying further? Would he listen to her? She felt so stupid. She had been sulking around for the last three months without realising that she would have to face him some day. She wished she had listened to Pooja di and chachiji's advices. Sameer opened the door and froze at his place seeing his bride. She wasn't doing anything except sitting there waiting for him and yet she appeared ethereal. Owing to his busy schedule and the restrictions of not talking over the phone, Sameer hadn't really gotten to know her better. They were still strangers, strangers who were now tied into the holy bonds of matrimony. He locked the door and came to sit beside Naina. Akwardness engulfed the atmosphere as both sat in silence for the next half an hour. Naina, not accustomed to a prolonged period of silence, began looking here and there searching for something.

'Kya dhundh rahi ho?, Asked Sameer curiously.

'Vo doodh ka glass, hai hi nahi yaha pr' Naina replied confusedly.

'Mai doodh nahi pita, islie nahi rakha  hai. Tumhe peena hai to mai laa deta hun', said Sameer.

'Mujhe nahi, aapke liye chahie, Pooja didi ne kaha tha aapko dene ke liye aur maine movies me bhi dekha hai ki apne pati ko dena rehta hai. Hearing her reply, Sameer burst into peals of laughter. His response didn't go well with Naina and she asked angrily 'Aap has kyu rahe ho?'

'Has islie raha hun kyunki mjhe pata nahi tha ki meri biwi itni filmy hai. Vaise tumhe pata bhi hai, doodh ka glass kyu piya jata hai? , Sameer enquired.

'Nahi pata, pr itna zarur pata hai ki koi bhi pati apni patni par aise nahi hasta, huh,' saying this Naina turned her face sideways.

Her cuteness took his heart away and he looked at her lovingly wondering how could someone be so innocent? He inched closer to her 'accha sorry, aage se nahi hasunga, maaf kar do'. Naina turned to look at him and saw him holding his ears in an apology. His antics melted away her anger and she smiled forgiving him. Confirming that her anger has subsided down, he got up and walked toward his cupboard. He took out an envelope from there and handed it to Naina.

'Ye kya hai?' asked Naina.

'Umm mjhe laga meri biwi itni filmen dekhti hai to use ye bhi pata hoga ki first night ko husband apni wife Ko kuch gift krta Hai', to ye hai tmhara gift. Chalo kholo ise. Sameer replied calmly.

Naina carefully tore the seal of the envelope and took out a bundle of sheets stapled neatly. As she began to read the words written on the first page, her eyes welled up in tears. She looked up at Sameer and said 'Ye , ye to'

'Ye to tumhari first story hai' Sameer completed her sentence and continued 'ye draft hai, do teen din me dekh lena agar kuch editing me problem ho to, hum theek kara lenge aur fir use publish hone ke liye de denge.

Naina couldn't control her  tears  and managed to say in between he hiccups 'Par aapko kaise pata?'

'Yaad hai, ek din meri car kharab ho gayi thi tumhare ghar ke paas to chachaji mjhe apne sath ghar le aaye the? Tum ghar nahi thi us din. Hall me painting chal rhi thi to Preeti ne mujhe tmhare room me bitha diya. Ab hone vali biwi ke room me tha, to chedhchad to banti hai na? Asked Sameer teasingly which made Naina smile. 

'Bas tabhi tmhari study table par tumhari kahaniyo vali notebook mil gayi. Preeti se pucha to usne bataya ki tumhe likhne ka bohat shauk hai lekin ghar par kisiko pasand nahi islie tum chip kar likhti ho. Maine to usi time decide kr liya tha ki sari stories pdhungaa aur utha li maine tmhari notebook lekin Preeti se bakayda permission le ke. Shayad vo shadi ke kaamon me tmhe batana bhool gayi ho. Jaise hi ghar aya sari rat jaga aur sab stories padh daali. Naina tum maanogi nahi jab main ye stories padh raha tha mjhe laga hi nhi ki ye kisi amateur writer  ki hai. Tumhare shabd aur tumhara kahaniya likhne ka andaaz dil ko chu jata hai. Tum bohat pratibhashali ho. Bas fir agle din hi publisher ke paas ye notebook Munna ke hatho bhijwa di. Khud islie nahi Gaya kyunki mai nahi chahta tha ki mera naam juda hone ki vajah se koi tmhare talent ki kadar na kare. Aur madam, publisher to pehli story pdhte hi aapka fan ho gaya. Aur baki to aap smjh hi gayi hongi'

Naina looked at him not knowing how to react. Nobody except her chachaji and Preeti had ever approved of her writing. Her father had scolded her very badly when he accidentally read one of her stories. But this man, with whom she had not even shared a proper conversation till now, believed in her and was ready to share her dreams. Suddenly her chachaji's words echoed in her ears ' Beta, mujhe pata hai tu udna chahti hai aur is baar tere chacha ji tere sapno ko bacha nahi paaye. Lekin mjhe is bat ka pura yakeen hai ki Sameer tujhe vo pankh dega jo tujhe aaj tak is ghar me nhi mile. Meri Naina ke har sapne me vo rang bharega, ye tere chachaji ka bharosa Hai'.

'Kahan kho gayi? Aur itne aansoon. Mujhe to laga tha khush ho jaogi ye dekh kar, chalo aansoo poncho, Sameer handed over his handkerchief to Naina.

Naina wiped her tears and thanked him. 'Thanks? Dekho ye thanks vanks nahi chalega. Hum saathi hain Naina. Ek dusre ka har kadam par haath thamenge. Jab ek dagmagyega to dusra smbhal lega aur jab ek safalta ki seedhi chadega to dusra uska saath nibhaega. Aur aise hi ek dusre ke sath chalte chalte hamara shadishuda zindagi ka ye safar haseen ho jayega. Han pr tumhe mjhe ek promise krna hoga ki aage se tum koi bhi story likhogi to vo sabse pehle mujhe sunaogi. Promise? Sameer put forward his hand. Naina hesitantly put her hand in his and replied 'Promise'.

'Vaise ye photo bhi aapne Preeti se li?' Naina raised her brows in suspicion.

'Nahi, vo maine chori kari thi tumhare room se. Ab milti to tum thi nahi, na kabhi baat kri to maine socha photo se hi kaam chala lun', Sameer winked and laughed and Naina joined him too.

'Umm ab Aisa kro kapde Badal lo fir aaram se baithna, bohat problem ho rahi hogi na ye jewellery aur kapdo me? Sameer asked.

Naina nodded and went to the washroom to change her clothes. When she came back, Sameer had already changed into his lower and t- shirt and was waiting for her.

'Itna time Mrs Maheshwari. Aap to bohat slow hain, chalo ab so jaate hain, kaafi raat ho gayi hai, Sameer said.

'So jaate hain? Aur kuch nahi? Par Pooja didi ne to kaha tha ki shadi Vali rat ko ki..', Naina bit her tongue as she realised she had spoken way too much.

Sameer was startled by her response. Does she even realise what she speaks, Sameer thought to himself and took slow steps towards her.

'Ruk kyu gayi, pura bolo na. Shadi Vali rat Ko ki..?? Sameer came forward and stood dangerously close to her.

Naina was taken aback by the sudden proximity. Her heartbeat raced as he entwined her fingers with his and firmly held her hand. This was the very first for Naina. No man had ever come this close to her. She felt a tingling sensation in her stomach and all her senses were gone for a toss. His burning gaze was evoking  new feelings within her which she wasn't able to comprehend. Sameer leaned closer and  placed a lingering kiss on her both cheeks one by one. Naina closed her eyes as she felt his lips on her skin. His touch was electrifying and she felt she was losing herself under his spell. She clutched his hand tightly, unable to control herself.

Sameer enjoyed the effect he was having on Naina. He didn't want to stop but he knew this was not the right time. He needed to give space and time to Naina to let her understand things at her own pace. He whispered in her ears 'Pooja didi ne jo btaya vo hum baad ke liye rakhte hain, aaj ke liye itna kaafi hai' and pulled apart. 

Sameer lied down on the bed and signalled Naina to join him. Naina, who was still in trance, switched off the lights and out of impulse, lied down beside him with her head resting on his arm. Sameer smiled, turned to her side and hugged her tightly. They fit into each other perfectly. While Sameer drifted off to sleep as soon as he landed in her arms, Naina spent the entire night admiring her husband and enjoying the warmth of his presence in her life. She was finally home.

Edited by AaishaM - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

siya_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
very beautiful OS!!  it perfectly shows relationship ka innocence, beauty and charm.. ⭐️  chachaji was right.. Naina will get everything here which she didn't get in her own house! 
JaySee thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful story.
Loved the way how Sameer made her feel comfortable. They are humsafars in true sense
_shweta98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awww... kitnaaa cute tha yeh...
Bahot hi sweet.. poora ka poora padhte time smile ki kar rahi thi.. loved it to the core!
Back story bahot pasand aiee mujhe.. Nanu to hai hi pyar!❤️ ek min mein Naina ko pasand kar liya.. Sameer is so sweeet no?!
Chachaji ka vishwaas sahi tha! 
Hayee yeh sach mein bahot bahot pyaara tha! Thank you for writing this.. like seriously thank you! 
Thank you for the PM too😊
SixteenAgain thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Such a lovely OS!

For the first time I was happy with Rakesh and Taiji's insistance on getting Naina married soon!

The conversation between Samaina was too good! Naina's innocence and Sameer's goodness and love for her was so well written.

Such a soothing read.. 👏
Anjali33 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Aww.. this was super sweet
Everyone, please stop showing Sameer as the perfect man on earth.. He's a unique piece.. Humko aisa nhi milega to dil toot jayega

Like how can a husband be so sweet n understanding plus romantic too.. That's impossible😭
dreamyp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Yrrr bahooottt pyari story thi sacchii loved it..
Radkam thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Wow...strangers ki shaadi & shaadi ke baad ka dheere dheere pyar! Beautiful! It wd b great if u can continue how they explore their relationship from being strangers to friends to lovers!
suhaaniladki thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Vaah  sameer is such a caring husband arrange  marriage  mei bhi itna care without even proper meeting and convos was heart touching  ... Loved it 
surbharati thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Excellent story... so cute ... just loved it to core... I had smile all the time while reading this ... I have read multiple times but still not out of thisplease continue.       Would love to see caring side of Naina & romantic Sameer