Is infidelity progressive? (DT Note pg. 5)

Girl_InMedicine thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay first of all, I don't watch the show just happened to watch a few minutes yesterday ; when I came to the forum I was quite shocked that Kunal and Nandini are shipped. I agree that the domestic abuse that Nandini is facing is wrong but does that justify infidelity? What are your thoughts on this?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madlal thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Medico-

Okay, first of all, I don't watch the show just happened to watch a few minutes yesterday; when I came to the forum I was quite shocked that Kunal and Nandini are shipped. I agree that the domestic abuse that Nandini is facing is wrong but does that justify infidelity? What are your thoughts on this?

I admit I am watching the show for the infidelity part. I will not wish that to anyone, not even to my worst enemy. 

There are 3 reasons I am waiting for the infidelity part.

1. What made a perfectly happily married man go after another woman?

2. Who feels the attraction first and how will they act on it?

3. How is it going to affect the near and dear ones?

Why are there more infidelity these days? There is even a website called Ashley Madison solely catered towards infidelity. Its motto is if you are not happy, have an affair. That is what the world has come down to that  Infidelity is OK. 
I want to see how it matters in a cultural parivaar, where the mother does pooja every day, where the daughter in law is an epitome of perfection and yet the man will fall for another, WHY?

I am not shipping Kunal and Nandini as of now and I do not think I will do that. I ship Only Mauli not even Mauli and Kunal. Just Mauli.

Edited by madlal - 5 years ago
Little_Mermaid. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
U can't get this show's story by watching few min.  
Originally posted by: Little_Mermaid.

U can't get this show's story by watching few min.

It is not that hard my dear.According to me, nothing can justify EMA
Originally posted by: madlal

I admit I am watching the show for the infidelity part. I will not wish that to anyone, not even to my worst enemy.

Why are there more infidelity these days? There is even a website called Ashley Madison solely catered towards infidelity. Its motto is if you are not happy,have an affair. That is what the world has come down to that Infidelity is OK.
I want to see how it matters in a cultural parivaar, where the mother does pooja every day, where the daughter in law is an epitome of perfection and yet the man will fall for another, WHY?

I am not shipping Kunal and Nandini as of now and I do not think I will do that. Iship Only Mauli not even Mauli and Kunal. Just Mauli.

Very sane reply! I've no problem with people watching the show. My only problem is people shipping Kunal and Nandini. Just wanted to know if there's anyone who thinks like me
obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
For me nothing get justify EMA. One thing i like about this show is mauli nandini frndship.I wanted to see nandini journey from submissive,timid wife to independent woman with help of kunal and mauli .And yes i don't ship kunal and nandini and will never ship them becoz no matter what cheating is cheating whether emotional or physical.But so far they have not started the cheating part so i will wait and watch whether they will glorify or justify EMA or not.The usp of this show is good cast and so far every character is very well written and directed.Edited by TheMockingBird - 5 years ago
madlal thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: TheMockingBird

For me nothing get justify EMA. One thing i like about this show is mauli nandini frndship.I wanted to see nandini journey from submissive,timid wife to independent woman with help of kunal and mauli .And yes i don't ship kunal and mauli and will never ship them becoz no matter what cheating is cheating whether emotional or physical.But so far they have not started the cheating part so i will wait and watch whether they will glorify or justify EMA or not.The usp of this show is good cast and so far every character is very well written and directed.

I am sure you meant You won't ship Kunal and Nandini right? 
chemgirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: madlal

Why are there more infidelity these days? There is even a website called Ashley Madison solely catered towards infidelity. Its motto is if you are not happy, have an affair. That is what the world has come down to that  Infidelity is OK. 

I am not shipping Kunal and Nandini as of now and I do not think I will do that. I ship Only Mauli not even Mauli and Kunal. Just Mauli.

I also watch the show for the same. This and NaMo friendship.
Angels11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I initially watched the show for the following reasons:

1. What makes people fall out of love.
2. What makes a man or woman walk out of a marriage. Is it extreme reasons like abuse or as simple as growing apart, incompatibility (in an arranged marriage setup).
3. With the right director the subject can be handled in a very sensitive manner. Silsila, Arth, Astitiva, Aakir Kyon etc etc. Movies on EMA can be beautifully told without being crass. I wanted 2 c if this show deals with it in a sensitive & realistic manner.
4. Different from the saas bahu, naagin, chudail crap on Indian TV
5. Initial 2 promos were intriguing.

However sadly aft the 1st 1 week this show has been a terrible disappointment to me. Heroine is the typical Indian TV shivering, shrinking, violet, abla naari, OTT antics by her so called husband & her equally OTT response to it. All the 1970s style so called symbolism.

The CVs made a huge mistake by showing Mauli-Kunal so lovey-dovey & Mauli-Nandini being BFFs. Now anything that they show will only alienate the viewers further. Wat I was hoping for are 2 couples where there r already rifts/undercurrents/issues in their marriage. Then BHAM suddenly a person with whom they can connect, who feels like their ideal soulmates. In such a situation how do they handle it. How does it impact their family & friends. This is wat I was looking for but none of this happened.

So I no longer watch the show. I tune in just once in a while, sometimes come 2 the forum. That's it.

Reg ur quest bt shipping, those are the respective fans of the actors. Dont think any of the neutral viewers like me are shipping Kunal & Nandini. In fact neutral fans want Nandini to b an independent woman & Mauli to shine in her profession.

intruderfast thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
It is not. But then we need to blame makers also for that. Yesterday episode the garland fell on Kunal and Nandini and some music also started playing. So what does this symbolism suggest? That Kunal and Nandini will be the romantic couple and Mouli will be the one with a broken heart. 
So many ppl will ship them and will be going gaga when romantic scenes are aired. 
The thing is infedility has always been part of Indian Shows. Kyunki saas being the best example. 
This is I guess the first time leads are doing this. 
Edited by intruderfast - 5 years ago