madlal thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Nandini was sobbing her heart out. She was crying for her lost baby. She was crying for her lost marriage. She was crying for her lost hope. Once the floodgates opened, she could not stop the torrent of tears flowing from her. She tried to muffle her sobs in her pillow. Finally, Nandini got away from Rajdeep and Mauli was her pillar of strength. She was there holding the sobbing Nandini. Looked after her day and night. Not even for a minute showing that she is tired or sleepy. Not even for a minute did she leave Nandini alone. Mauli was there when Nandini woke up and Mauli was there when Nandini finally slept. Mauli was there when she was helpless and lonely. Nandini wondered, how she survived without Mauli all these years. Tonight was another night when she woke up in the middle of the night after Mauli rocked her to sleep. The sneering face of rajdeep woke her up. His cruel omniscient smile brought fresh tears to her, hence the weeping.

Kunal was deep in thought in his bedroom. Sleep evaded him too. He knew what he must do. He could no longer let Mauli shoulder the responsibility of the household on herself. He knew that the injustice in the society is never going to go away. It will keep pulling at him. He cannot keep resigning because he cannot adjust to situations. He has to face them and say no and continue doing his job. He is a doctor, there will be materialistic greedy people around him. He can still keep his conscience and keep working. It is not right that Mauli is working to keep his family going. He is a man he should be doing this. It is not right. He knew mauli took on this extra job to compensate for his loss of income. Like tonight, after she had come back to their bedroom after keeping Nandini company, She had to rush to the hospital to help deliver a very difficult case. She did not for a minute think how tired she was and how guilty he is feeling. With her usual aplomb she kissed him good night, pulled the blanket around him and rushed to the hospital."poor Mauli", I should be ashamed of myself. It should be me running to the hospital. Come tomorrow, things are going to change, I am going to look for a job and keep that job", thought Kunal.
A slight mewling sound arose him from his reverie. He listened again. Is it his Dida? momma? He slipped his feet into his chappal and stepped out of his bedroom and listened intently. yes, it is definitely someone crying. He walked cautiously, not making a sound. He reached his Did'a room, she was fast asleep and slightly snoring. He carefully walked to his mom's room and she was sleeping as well. He slowly retraced his steps and stood outside Nandini's room. There, that sound again. Nandini is definitely crying. He slowly opened the door and called out her name. She was in her own world and did not hear him. He went to her bed and touched her rocking shoulder and called her name again. She jumped like she was shot.She lifted her tear filled eyes and looked at him with questions as to why he is in her room. He looked at her compassionately and sat next to her bed. He searched for words to say, but he knew it would be immaterial.S he has not yet come to terms with her sudden change of life. She sat up next to him, wiping off her tears. " I loved him, "said Nandini. "he was a big jerk and yet I loved him. .Even when he brought another girl to my bed, I forgave him and Hoped he would love me just a little, But that never happened. He even said that child was not his and it needs to go. He will not pay for the child and it is not his".Fresh tears came to her eyes. Kunal closed his eyes against the anguish and injustice this poor girl had to endure. He reached out to her and cradled her head in his hands." You are a good soul, Nandini.you do not deserve him and you tried your best to make this marriage work. You knew your place as a wife and it is not that you did anything that brought this on. He is a jerk. He took pleasure in making you miserable. He lived every day trying to find ways to torture you. There are a lot of men like him in this world and unfortunately, your husband is one of them" said Kunal. 

Saying this Kunal wiped away her tears and kept cradling her face in his hands. He unknowingly started circling his thumb around her cheeks.soft circles feeling the smooth skin. Her eyes widened, questioning as to what is happening. His eyes widened too as awareness dawned on him. He started breathing heavily. His nostrils flared, taking in more air as hot blood flowed through him. He still did not stop circling his fingers. He could not let go. He traced his fingers on to her throat and held its position there. Gradually he moved closer unable to stop himself. Nandini still in trance opened her lips slightly anticipating his arrival. They were very close to each other trying to give and receive comfort. Time held, both their chest constricted with anticipation. Gradually Kunal let go of his hands from Nandini's throat and moved away from her and stood up. He turned to look at her with serious eyes, the eyes of a  determined man. Determination for what? He did not know. Slowly he walked back to his room and lay down in his bed in the same position as he was thinking about Mauli, But now his thoughts have been replaced by Nandini and sleep evaded him. 

Edited by madlal - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Endgame thumbnail
Attraction I would say perfect titel for this os
madlal thumbnail

Originally posted by: Drashtilove

Attraction I would say perfect title for this os

Thank You. This is the first time I am trying a one shot. Thanks for the encouragement.
jhankarbeats87 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 17 Thumbnail + 6
That was quite impressive. You have clearly etched Nandini's pain, Kunal's dilemma and Mauli's dedication. 
PS: Please add One shot to the heading so that more of the viewers notice your work 😊
aroojarain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Wow
Nicely written! 👏
Edited by aroojarain - 5 years ago
madlal thumbnail
Thank You
madlal thumbnail

Originally posted by: jhankarbeats87

That was quite impressive. You have clearly etched Nandini's pain, Kunal's dilemma and Mauli's dedication. 

PS: Please add One shot to the heading so that more of the viewers notice your work 😊

Thank you for your kind words. I have added OS to the title.

madlal thumbnail

Originally posted by: aroojarain

Wow

Nicely written! 👏

Thank You
madlal thumbnail
Thank You
Keepdreaming thumbnail