madlal thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
I am sure many of us are thinking, this is the 21st century, why should Nandini tolerate Rajdeep's abuse.No matter how liberated we feel we are, we are still the weaker sex and Men are very strong. Also, there are such men who find vicarious thrill in hurting others and if they find that their spouse or girlfriend is weak and do not attack back, they gain more strength in abusing and each time they abuse, they feel powerful, which is the case of Rajdeep and Nandini. 
The sad part is with the case of such husbands, the wives will always be in a forced helpless stage. She will always have a panic attack even when she hears her husband's breathing. She will forget to be happy as she feels it is not worth it. The husband makes sure she is emotionally and physically drained to the point that she will be in a total vegetable stage.
The psyche of such wives is that when they come out of this abusive stage, they will be in a denial for a long time and then they will look for love in all the wrong places. They are starved for affection and will grasp on to anyone who will give them an ounce of interest.

Even today we can see wives being burnt to ashes and half burnt, left in the hospitals to die. They are abused because they bore girl child even though it is the Male's chromosome which determines the sex of the child. Still, they stay with the abuser because they feel it is their duty to stay with the husband or they are helpless. The stigma of the divorce is considered much worse than the being abused.
Yes, Abuse is real and it is happening everywhere. I am glad Dhrasti was brave enough to take on such a role and bring to the public about such abuses.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moumita.madhuk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Beautifully written!! Yes it is true!! Most important thing is a wife gets less support from the society and sometimes her own family also...
madlal thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: moumita.madhuk

Beautifully written!! Yes it is true!! Most important thing is a wife gets less support from the society and sometimes her own family also...

Sad but very true.
Keepdreaming thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: moumita.madhuk

this more sadden when own family do it and situation become worse
Snowy_Secret thumbnail
Yes abuse is real just bcs we are not the one facing it we judge them saying why she is not protesting...but girl's who are suffering from years it's not easy for them to come out from all that easily and girls like nandini who doesn't even have a family to support it's worst for them..all I feel they deserve a satisfy life too and all they need is just a push and little help from society
Alohomora_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Beautiful post TM. I dont think people realise how real and relatable domestic violence is becoming. Or for that matter even marital rapes. Its that part of our society not many want to discuss or comment on but it happens and happens daily. Women like Nandini do exist even in today's times that undergo abuse and are scared to speak up. For this reason alone such discussions should be normalised. Edited by Alohomora_ - 5 years ago
Keepdreaming thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Snow_Angel

Yes abuse is real just bcs we are not the one facing it we judge them saying why she is not protesting...but girl's who are suffering from years it's not easy for them to come out from all that easily and girls like nandini who doesn't even have a family to support it's worst for them..all I feel they deserve a satisfy life too and all they need is just a push and little help from society

actually we are very lucky ...
I'm happy show focusing on those people / girls in this show ... it can be eye opener for everyone ...
moumita.madhuk thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Snow_Angel

exactly and the world outside is not a bed of roses!! Money is important!!
Endgame thumbnail
We don't face it so Nooopppeee it's not true
I guess we just very much lucky
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Abuse is definitely real, not because women are weaker sex and men are stronger sex but because, for ages we have been living in the mindset that women are inferior to men. There are many women out there even in today's society who are subjected to domestic abuse in one or the other form, simply because they have learnt to line with it. I am surely looking forward to see how they handle it here!