Review : My take on Silsila

SASSZS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Before I begin, I'll have to say the show is really going good, intriguing and good performances all around. I had applied for self ban to get out of this place, I went offline for almost more than a month. But this show has forced me back here. I knew Drashti before this show but this is the first time I am watching her show from first episode. I had so much to write about this show but I was hesitant to come back here again. I thought my account was already gone but glad it's still alive. Anyways Im hoping someone would open the episode discussion thread so I can drop by to share my views. Yesterday episode was what that forced me to get back here and share my views.

Firstly I want to say I do not endorse EMA or anyone involved in it. I'm not supposed to be judgemental but I am towards those who are in EMA, whether the spouse is good or evil. When I first knew about the show from Bollywood forum, I didn't like that they were supposedly going KANK way. I saw the promos and I thought about it for many days how are they going to even justify EMA. I was disgusted in a way again that they were going to justify EMA. Then launch party came and the actors were all chirping the same thing that it isn't about EMA. I don't really trust their words cos they can say that to attract people to watch their show. Well initially after thinking of skipping the show, I found myself seeing the first episode on TV. That's partly also cos in that time slot I don't have a show to see. Ofcourse like I said it had kept me glued.

To be honest after thinking about it alot, I also feel the show won't be about EMA or justifying EMA. I have read some posts here offline, had some discussions about it with my sister and I realise maybe after all the show will not be about EMA or endorsing them. Why I feel so? Firstly, EMA happens when both parties are having a relationship. So far the promos have only indicated about Kunal Nandini having some feelings. But no where is it mentioned that they will be in a relationship or embark on it. Infact they were only worried about hurting Mouli. I'm guessing they will never attempt to be in EMA just for their love for Mouli. Ofcourse again I do not endorse EMA and if the show is truly about relationships and Kunal-Nandini sacrificing their feelings for their spouses(like I said evil or good doesn't matter) and not going behind their backs, then I am all for it! But I have seen enough Indian TV shows and I'm afraid the creative heads aren't so creative at all. But I really want to know how they will take this show as said by Drashti that they have a solid screenplay for a year, which is great to me. I hope they won't alter it for TRPs. Ofcourse I know it's asking too much from them cos we all know shows survival depends on TRPs. There are idiotic shows that are ruling the charts despite a crappy screenplay.

I also have to mention the friendship they are showing of Nandini and Mouli is so beautiful. Drashti and Aditi have amazing girl chemistry I have to say! I have seen shows where two actresses have friendships onscreen. Most of them to me have been slightly fake. But there is nothing like that here. Drashti and Aditi both look awesome together actually, infact their chemistry is the best one in the show. The FB scenes of Nandini and Mouli will surely find its way to everyone's heart as it is relatable and heart warming. Hoping that CVs show their scenes more.

Relationships are actually very complicated to understand. The reason is because we all are different individuals. We have different likes, dislikes, thoughts and opinions. Our differences are highlighted as our background differs and our struggles in life differ. Change is the only constant they say, our thoughts and likes/dislikes changes as we go through good and bad situations in life. We could have liked chocolate when we were young. As we grow up, most of us would have stopped liking it as much. People who are health conscious especially will stop liking it or having them. With knowledge, their tastes change. Situations change and people may decide to stop eating chocolate(threat of disease onset). Likewise, falling in and out of love is normal. Love isn't something that has no expiry date. Today's world we even have children hating their parents despite all their sacrifices. Two people in love or believing to be in love, it won't take much time as situations forces them to rethink their choice. But they should talk it out and let the other party know if they fall out of love and not cheat then behind their backs. I'm hoping this is what CVs will portray in this show. I don't want to see Kunal and Nandini hurting Mouli or Mouli going typical and turning negative and justifying EMA. Ofcourse there are more points I want to talk about but most of it have been covered by a member here named abba12(Contrasting relationships:none perfect). I will highly recommend people to read her post. I complete agree with her post which is also how I started discussing this show with my sister.

All said and done, I have to say the four leads of the show are equally amazing in their performance so far. I know Drashti from Madhubala days, she is a competent actor. There are times she falls flat in acting when she is unnatural and goes OTT, while she does emotional scenes pretty well. But in Silsila, so far she has been the best of the four actors for me. The way she portrayed her fear, her tears and the way she is around Rajdeep is very very impressive. Surely an improvement from her previous shows! I know Abhinav before too and to be honest I feel is average as an actor. Or perhaps he hasn't done a show that allows him to show his emotional acting. Again here I haven't seen his emotional side, but I admit he is rocking as the evil Rajdeep. The mannerisms has my attention! Clearly his character arc might change in future so I'm looking forward to see how he will portray it then. Aditi, I have known her from LVRB and she wasn't as impressive there. But boy oh boy she is nailing Mouli so amazingly till now. Infact she is the most natural in her performance among the four and also her Mouli is so far the most relatable and likeable character of the four. I'm a fan! Shakti is the only one from the star cast that I have never seen before so can't compare but he is doing a great job too. His Kunal is the sweet understanding guy every girl will want to marry. Shakti's good looks adds more charm to Kunal.

Chemistry wise, like I mentioned before, it's Mouli-Nandini that is my number one right now. I would happily watch Aditi and Drashti as lesbian lovers in a show in the future. That much chemistry between these two. And as Nandini and Mouli, their scenes makes us waiting for more. Beautiful is the word. Shakti and Aditi, as Kunal and Mouli they are sweet cute and totally husband-wife goals! I love their easy going chemistry; organic and natural. And ofcourse while Drashti and Abhinav have great chemistry, I don't ship them as Rajdeep-Nandini. After yesterday episode I also have to admit that Shakti and Drashti look mind blowing together. Intense and fiery! I don't ship Kunal and Nandini but Shakti and Drashti, definitely a big fat YES! This is probably the first time I ship two actors in a drama but don't ship them onscreen(Kunal-Nandini/Shakti-Drashti)

Technically the show is good. Colors are easy on eyes. Costumes are my favourite! Mouli dressing sense is my favourite! Drashti has a great figure and her sarees highlights it perfectly. I'm just hoping they don't dress her down after sometime as it has happened before in her previous shows. The boys are great looking no doubt, their tapered suits are great too and it also helps that both the actors are lean and tall. Music is brilliant I have to say. The OST is beautiful and I'm waiting for the full song and the link to download it. BGM is awesome too except the one yesterday when Kunal saved Nandini, what was that?! Lol! While it's still not technically great but is still much better than a few of Starplus shows like Ishqbaaz.

While everything is good so far, on the flip side, I have to say some situations are really fake and unnecessary to me. The accident scene, the fire alarm scene, the cake scene, they don't seat well for me. The accident scene was irrelevant. I still don't get how the candles could have caused the sprinklers to go off. And the cake baking scene, which hotel allows guest inside their kitchen? Seriously the show has so much potential but such scenes dampens the flow of the show. I know I shouldn't expect logic in Indian TV shows but the show premise is about relationships and real life situations so a little of logic is expected. The show has a lot more to explore and keeping in mind that they are going to show changing relationships, I hope they never ever fall into justifying EMA at any point of the time.

Overall I'll give the show 3.5/5 and there are high chances of the show doing better in the future but all that depends on the CV now. I have to say that the show also gives us more discussion opportunities so I'm guessing I'll stick around this forum for some more time.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 years ago
when gajra kottari,a writer did not justify Ema in her Creation balika vadhu serial .then i don't think gajra will justify Ema in her new creation silsila badlete rishton ka