Laksh Injured and reason of rushing the story

Priya258 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
https://m.timesofindia.com/tv/news/hindi/porus-actor-laksh-lalwani-gets-injured-during-a-horse-riding-sequence/articleshow/64462467.cms
Here it is mentioned that there had been huge loss due to fire so maybe that's why they want to end the story soon.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Well, Priya,surely they would have insured the sets? Especially if they are such expensive ones?  And Laksh says in this article that he is OK now.

I simply cannot  understand why they seem to be going in for this accordion finish.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: Priya258

https://m.timesofindia.com/tv/news/hindi/porus-actor-laksh-lalwani-gets-injured-during-a-horse-riding-sequence/articleshow/64462467.cms

Here it is mentioned that there had been huge loss due to fire so maybe that's why they want to end the story soon.

old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Well, Priya,surely they would have insured the sets? Especially if they are such expensive ones?  And Laksh says in this article that he is OK now.

I simply cannot  understand why they seem to be going in for this accordion finish.

Shyamala Aunty

maybe due to ratings .
sashashyam thumbnail
It does not seem likely, my dear Manasi. 

The Sony fiction shows always have poor TRPs, and seen  against this track record, the Porus TRPs are not bad. I suppose that because of the heavy costs, the channel  is not able to recoup its cost from the ads, and they are pulling the plug on the show. They did the same thing to the superb Peshwa Bajirao, which, except for the splendid Alexander here, was far better -  in terms of the script, the respect paid to history and the performances of the ensemble cast - than Porus,

Shyamala Aunty

taherav thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
If a channel has planned a finite episode historical based show, should TRPs matter?? Porus was already planned as a finite episode show of 260 episodes which would be on air for almost a year...can the channel just go on ahead with the show as planned and not worry about TRPs?? Since it is history based, they really cannot stretch this any further than the historical time period it is based on can permit...
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Totally agree. Unless they are planning to show Alexander spend months in Bharat, deal with Chanakya, meet Chandragupta, etc. 

He took control of other areas before going to Paurav Rashtra. As it is part of the PR track, maybe we'll get to see at least one scene of him and Ambhiraj.

Originally posted by: taherav

If a channel has planned a finite episode historical based show, should TRPs matter?? Porus was already planned as a finite episode show of 260 episodes which would be on air for almost a year...can the channel just go on ahead with the show as planned and not worry about TRPs?? Since it is history based, they really cannot stretch this any further than the historical time period it is based on can permit...

sashashyam thumbnail
My dear girl, 

I don't think you quite understand how this works. 

A show is sold to the channel, with or without the intellectual property rights. In the case of Porus, as a first, it was without IP, because the production house footed the whole production cost,

Still, because of the heavy (alleged, at least) production cost, the producers, Swastik, must have charged Sony a lot more than usual even for a historical. Where will the channel recoup this cost from,  and then make its profit?

From the ads, The rates for the ads depend directly on the TRPs. See the link now? It is more like an iron chain!

If the TRPs are low, the advertisers will not pay top rates. As the TRPs fall, so do   the ad rates, At some point, the channel begins to lose money, and then pulls the plug on the show. I suspect this is what has happened to poor Porus. 

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: taherav

sashashyam thumbnail
And what about the economics of it? Do  see my post to Taherav above.

Chandragupta was just a soldier in Alexander's army. I don't see him getting to meet the emperor!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: inlieu

Totally agree. Unless they are planning to show Alexander spend months in Bharat, deal with Chanakya, meet Chandragupta, etc. 

He took control of other areas before going to Paurav Rashtra. As it is part of the PR track, maybe we'll get to see at least one scene of him and Ambhiraj.

Edited by sashashyam - 5 years ago
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I was referring to Tahera's comment on stretching the story. They would have to find additional material in order to so with Alexander already in Bharat if in theory they had made it close to the 260 episodes and wanted to keep going for a little longer. Anyway, that's a moot point now.😕

And what about the economics of it? Do  see my post to Taherav above.

Shyamala Aunty

taherav thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

My dear girl, 

I don't think you quite understand how this works. 

A show is sold to the channel, with or without the intellectual property rights. In the case of Porus, as a first, it was without IP, because the production house footed the whole production cost,

Still, because of the heavy (alleged, at least) production cost, the producers, Swastik, must have charged Sony a lot more than usual even for a historical. Where will the channel recoup this cost from,  and then make its profit?

From the ads, The rates for the ads depend directly on the TRPs. See the link now? It is more like an iron chain!

If the TRPs are low, the advertisers will not pay top rates. As the TRPs fall, so do   the ad rates, At some point, the channel begins to lose money, and then pulls the plug on the show. I suspect this is what has happened to poor Porus. 

Shyamala Aunty

And I have never understood this ðŸ˜• Sony seems to be in a low TRP rut all the time...I can understand if channels want to cancel fiction shows which have an unlimited number of episodes and are not garnering enough viewership but when it comes to historical shows, they could take a step back and let things run it course and not influence their decisions based on TRPs ðŸ˜”