Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

StellaBella thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Please update soon.... It's nice to read something new and interesting....

mayabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Came across this by chance and I love it.. really interesting. Especially like that Khushi is a bold girl. 

Wud u pls resume his toy. I’m sure lots wud be interested to rad it through

ashnaMaharaj thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

it has been a long time since I have come on the forum.

Reading your ff is a pleasure

Enjoyed the first three chapters and the track..

Will love to read as we go forward.

mskalasobti thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

The 4th chapter is going to be updated today

mskalasobti thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

CHAPTER 4

Khushi woke early in the morning. She looked around her room  where she slept since she was a child. Hermother had died when she was 10 years old. Tejeswar  who had loved his wife devotedly couldn’taccept the truth but lived for his daughter.He had many intellectual friends who visited him in the weekends.. He wasvery much  liked in the country as anindividual and a scholar.His vast acres of agricultural land was managed by hisbrother.It was a lonely life that he lived after his wife's death and bookswere his friends.Khushi was never affected by the loneliness as she was verydearly looked after by her aunt and uncle. Tejeswar worried over his daughteras she grew older, though he felt  proudof her. Khushi was so beautiful,kind and  intelligent but  at times mischievous. Her friends andrelatives  adored her and she had morefriends than it was possible to remember.She had many admirers both local andin college but she declined them all with such a firmness that they never daredagain to approach her.

It was now for the first time, as she lay in her comfortable bed,that she realised the full impact of what her life would be once she marriesArnav.  It had all happened too suddenly,too unexpectedly. she though had a crush over him in her adolescent age,now wasnot sure about her feelings .

"Janki…"Heraunt’s voice startled her and she turned with a little exclamation.Her auntHema was the only person who called her by that name . But she loved the nameJanki than Khushi because it was her mother’s choice.

"I was day-dreaming,Hema chachi. I did not hear you comein."

“You know Janki,today the Raizada family is coming with some oftheir relatives”.

“Oh no!How could I wake up late?She paused and then added:”Will hebe there”?

“Who?asked Hema with a smile.

“Mr.the bored Raizada?

“Hush Khushi”How could you call him names”?

“Well,he seems bored,cynical and arrogant.”He thinks he rules theworld.”

“See,Janki,you are a lady and should behave like one”.

“And behave like  a slavetoo,know chachi”?

“No,beti,Raizada family is the most aristocratic ,richest andrefined and it’s your good luck that you are selected as their bahu.”

“And what about me chachi?Ours is also an aristocratic family knowthough not urban?

“Yes beti,that is why you are accepted by them.

“I don’t want to leave my home,yourself and papa.”

Hema smiled and said:After marriage you won’t be ready to leaveyour husband.Husband wife bond is different.Once you start your life with Mr.Raizadayou will realize it.”

“I don’t think so.”Khushi said.

…………………………………………………

Arnav Singh Raizada stood staring at his reflection in  the mirror hanging in the adjoining room ofhis office..He was not aware how long he stood there since the moment heentered  his office. A knock on hisoffice door startled him .”Come in”,he said.

Oh!Arnav,You are back,Why didn’t you call me?It was Tanuja,beautiful in a seductive outfit.He looked at her and then avoiding the partedlips,went to his table.She thought it was strange that he had not taken herinto his arms,

"How could you have not called me?" she asked in a softvoice .

"I had to attend to my new showroom and of course you know Iwent to meet …,"

“Your father’s friend and family”.She completed.

"I have something to tell you, Tanuja."

There was a note in his voice that seemed, although Tanuja was notcertain, somewhat unusual.

Clasping her hands together she asked:

Arnav,what is it? There is not any trouble-I hope?"

Arnav  replied. "Thefact is Tanuja,I promised my family that I won’t meet you for the coming fewmonths."

He spoke bluntly.

There was a pause before Tanuja repeated almost beneath herbreath: "You are going to get married Arnav?"She raised her voice.

“Look,Tanuja,don’t read between the lines.You know very well thatmy family won’t approve of our marriage.What I’m asking you is to give me sometime to sort out everything .

“How is the country chit whom you went to see the other day.?”

I am not going to discuss her or anyone for the time being.What I‘m asking you is let us remain friends for the time being and let me completethe Varanasi project at the earliest.

You are not taking me there?

No,Tanuja,my papa will be there for the next few months. I can’ttake you there.

Let me make it quite clear,Tanuja,I have no wish to marry anyonefor the time being! He put his arms around her and when  looking down at her face, a pair of innocentbut beautiful eyes flashed through his mind.Immediately

he set her on one side.

"Now, listen, Tanuja," he said, " I have manyimportant things to do.We will meet later.

When?" she asked.

“I can’t say”.He replied.

She was furious.He was avoiding her.But remained calm.

Ok.Arnav,I will wait for your call tomorrow night.She said in aseductive voice.But to Arnav’s surprise,he was not excited.Later,on the wayhome,he was thinking not about Tanuja but Khushi.He had to accept then the  truth,though he didn’t want to marry her,hewanted to meet her once more.

………………………………………………………………………………

Tanuja  prided herself onbeing intelligent in many ways .

She had many lovers and only when she met Arnav she found itdifficult to think of anybody else.He filled her  thoughts every moment of the day. It was notonly that he was the best-looking  manshe had ever met, but he also introduced her to a glamorous world.But Tanuja wasnot sure when she met  him today whethershe would see him tomorrow.She decided not to give up.”He is mine…”she toldherself several times.

………………………………………………………………………………………..

Pratap singh  was standingat the far end of the living room and Khushi was

conscious that as she entered the room everyone was watching herin silence.

Shewalked across towards him.

He along with his family except Arnav reachedKhushi’s house by afternoon .Sumitra liked her at first glance itself.After theformal introduction everyone was chatting with her as though they had knowneach other for a long time.

Khushi wanted to  to talk to Anjali desperately.She got theopportunity while all were resting in the guest rooms.Khushi didn’t hesitate totell Anjali that she wanted more time to decide whether she should acceptRaizada family’s proposal.

“Anjaly Di,I want time …I ..we are total strangers..I mean myself and Ar..Arnav..ji”.

“Arnavji?”Anjali asked in between.

“I’m afraid di that I’m not a suitable lifepartner for him”

, “But I want you to listen to me and not make up your mind tooquickly.” Pratap Singh replied from the doorway.Khushi was startled andimmediately stood up.

He seated himself as he spoke on the sofa that stood against thewall,

and he made a little gesture with his hand and after a second’shesitation Khushi sat  beside him.

“My son needs someone tolook after him, to give him companionship.He has grown up without  a mother’s love.He needs someone strong andlevel headed at the same time loving and caring like you to relieve him fromhis stubborness

Please tell me, beti,that your answer is yes.”

He held out his  hand as hespoke and hesitatingly, she laid her fingers on his.

He could feel they were very cold.

“Your answer is yes, is it not?” he asked

“Yes ...uncle”.she answered, but her voice was hardly above a whisper.She saw tears in Anjaly’s eyes.

“And I want you to come to Varanasi to work with Arnav.It will bean opportunity to both of you to know each other.”Pratap continued.Khushi washorrified to know that it’s all arranged between her father and Raizada family.

“Coming to Varanasi?Working in office?”

“Yes,Beti,It’s all arranged”.Pratap said.

Khushi was speechless.

When they left she turned towards her father and aunt..”Papa,howcould you?

“Khushi,don’t worry ,our buaji and your dear aunt Padma is comingto stay with you and also Raj is working in a firm in Varanasi.”

“Buaji?Khushi exclaimed.”Oh my God,how could you chachi?

“Pratap has already arranged a flat for you and Buaji” .Her fathersaid.We are coming with you and will stay there for a couple of days and willcome back here once you are settled.”

Khushi burst into tears and went to her bedroom.”Don’t worryBhaiyya.I’ll talk to her”hema told Khushi’s father.

“It’s all for your good future Khushi..”Tejeswar spoke to himself.

‘If only mymother was alive,’ Khushi thought desperately, ‘she would stop papa  behaving in this manner.’

She could in away understand her father’s feelings..

He was  afraid of her future,the future of amotherless child.

She felt shemight lose her self-control.She cried bitterly.

“What can  I do? she asked over and over again and as usual before going to bedspoke to her mother whose photograph was hanging on the wall in her bedroom.”Mama,Iwant to work and earn and want to have an independent life. Mr.Raizada is allwhat a woman wishes in a husband but I’m afraid Mama,I don’t know I’m afraid.Iwant to marry some one who loves me.”She couldn’t sleep and was tossing andturning  in bed. The next few days werereally testing for Khushi.She sat beside her father in the study room.”You areso very intelligent and  sweet. I knowthat you are not  happy with Pratap’sdecision..”Her father said.

There was an expression on her father’s face she did notunderstand.

“If only your mother was here,” he muttered.

There was so much pain in his voice.

As if he felt he could say no more, he left the room.

It was that moment Khushi decided to give the proposal achance.She didn’t want  her fatherworrying over her.

……………………………………………………………………………..

While packing she looked around her.

It was her home and she loved it, and shethought now as she hastily pulled her dresses out of the cupboards that to leave everything that was familiar wouldmake her not only unhappy but frightened.Buaji and aunt Padma would take careof her but how could she leave her father?”Of course,Raj,her cousin as well aschildhood friend was working in a firm in Varanasi .While thinking about Raj, abroad smile appeared on her face.Raj,the handsome ,charming cousin shared aclose bond with Khushi.There was a time their relatives thought that they werein love.But Raj loved Khushi’s friend Reshma.Reshma’s parents were rich.SinceRaj was not placed according to their status,her parents strongly opposed theirrelation.He was an accountant and was pursuing CA.He very much wished to studyabroad but his father’s untimely death shattered his dreams.It was Khushi andher father who gave strong support to his mother.She loved Khushi as her owndaughter.With a sigh,she continued her packing.

Finally ,with a reluctant heart,Khushi startedher journey to Varanasi along with her father and aunt.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

A little before noon,in themiddle of a heavy rainy day,accompanied by her aunt, Khushi entered the Raizadaoffice in Varanasi, attired in a peach colour saree which so exactly fitted heradmirable figure, the long hair with a few curls falling over her face,bothhands full of bangles ,she was certainly not the type of a lady staff anyonewould expect in AR designers.There was stunning silence as the staff who wereengaged in some work were now staring at her .

.Arnav Singh Raizada  strodeacross the hall and then stopped on his track as he saw her walking towards thereception.For a moment he forgot who Khushi was.All he could see was the sheerbeauty of her face, the proud way she held her head and the rhythmic butelegant movement of her body.As though her instinct told her that she was beingwatched,she turned and looked at his direction.

Khushi felt her heart went for a somersault.He looked breath takingly handsome and the way he was staringat her embarrassed her and it seemed to her that her admiration towards him since her teens  quickened and fluttered within her . She wassuddenly conscious of herself . she felt nervous .

“Welcome beti."

The voice startled her and she turned with a littleexclamation.She saw Pratap standing in front of her.

"I’m sorry uncle. I did not see you come in."

It’s ok.Welcome to AR family.Let’s go to my office.

He looked at Arnav and then at Khushi . She held her head highmoving as if she was a queen and watching her a broad smile  appeared on Pratap’s face

With her aristocratic features and proudly held head which showedgood breeding, Arnav was aware that she would definitely match the standard ofthe Raizada family.But he felt furious that he was forced into it by hisfather.He walked from the hall  withouthurrying down the passage and into his cabin.

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Khushi lost her sleep thinking about Arnav.His eyes  seemed cold and hard

His mouth was firm.It seemed so strange the feeling he had evokedin her was hard to understand. She recalled how her father and her auntpersuaded her to come to Varanasi.Tejeswar had to promise to his daughter thathe would bring her back home whenever she desired.

Arnav too was restless and thoughtful the whole day and at home hewas not concentrating on what Sumithra was talking.”…Arnav” she called twice.Shecontinued:Arnav,the early you marry is better.Women like Tanuja  puts your background first and you second!” “Yourfather has a reputation  .Don’t spoil it.Imet Khushi.And she is not a girl ready to fall in your arms that easilylike  your girl friends.She is a girl ofcharacter.She is a lady.

“I don’t want to marry her.”Arnav spoke vehemently.The door bellrang.It was Aman.

……………………………………………………………………….

Arnav   opened the  door that led into the small library where

he habitually sat when he was with Aman in his house.

He walked across the room to the window and stood

looking out as if he had never before seen the beautiful garden infront of his house.

Then he spoke and his voice was harsh.

Its ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous,that I’ve to marry according to dad’s choice.

Aman was sitting on a sofa intently watching him.

What is wrong?Aman asked.”Khushi seems theright partner for you.I agree with your family’s choice.She issensible,intelligent,well educated and both of you look perfect with eachother.”

I can tell you what is wrong,Arnav said. She lived all these years in a countrythough she is educated in a reputed college.””My wife should be someone whomatches my social circle”.

“I think you are unnecessarily prejudiced Apollo.”.Aman said.

“Don’t call me by that name”.Arnav sneered at him.

“It’s what your lady admirers call you.”“Thetrouble with you, Arnav, is that you have everything and that leaves younothing to fight for.”

“What do you mean?” Arnav  asked sharply.

“Exactly what Isay,” Aman replied,”wealth,status, and where women are concerned, they loveyour arrogant charm so that they cannot avoid falling in love with you.”

“Shut up,Aman,you are making me feel sick!” Arnav retorted.

“What you aresaying is really nothing to do with what I am feeling at the moment.”

“Then what iswrong?” Aman asked simply.

Surelyyou must realise that I have nothing in common with a young  pretty country girl?” Arnav‘s voice was unnecessarily loud.

“Well,at leastyou see that she is pretty.”Aman said teasingly.

“Aman,I’ll throwthis paper weight at you.”

“Well,well,well,whatyou need is a drink.”

“You know foolthat I don’t drink on working days and while I’m at home.”

Arnav’s mobile buzzed.It was Pratap.

Aman was watching him.His eyes were in fact the most arresting partabout him. They revealed his emotions. It was perhaps chiefly his eyes whichmade him  so alluring to women that heleft a trail of broken hearts behind him wherever he went.Aman was closer toArnav than anyone else had ever been, and he knew how underneath his oftenarrogant  behavior he was so caring andsupportive. Aman knew that Arnav was very conscious of his responsibilities asa son.

It was Aman whounderstood him more than anybody else.He  was aware that in fact Arnav was a lonely man andthere was a great deal missing in his life that could not be purchased with money.Hewas missing  mother’s love.

Arnav leanedback against the chair, closing his eyes, and Aman thought that nobody couldblame the women who sighed for him. He was ridiculously handsome, with elegantmovements.

“She joinedyour office know?When are you going to shift to your new flat in Varanasi?Amanasked.

“My newflat?You are also coming with me.Aakash and Sreejay will manage Delhioffice.”Arnav replied.

“Arnav,Iheard that Khushi’s flat is in the same buiding.Is it right?

“Yes,myfather ,now a days seems not in his sense.You know Aman,as you often say,hetook much pain to bring me up.That is the only reason I have decided to obeyhis ways….but I don’t know,Aman,I don’t want to marry her.We won’t gotogether.”She is not my type.”Arnav paused and stood up and moved around theroom thoughtfully.

“Give it achance,Arnav.”Aman said.

By the timeAman left Arnav was half asleep on his couch.

……………………………………………………………………………………

‘ Arnav’s flatin Varanasi  was in the same buiding asthat of Khushi.Pratap had arranged It to bring Khushi and Arnav together.Buajiwas totally against it and even went to the extreme of arguing with Pratap.Itwas a Sunday and Khushi was walking around  the building and  was so  excited to see Raj alighting from a cab.Hecontacted her through phone but didn’t expect him so soon.She gave him a tighthug and led  him to the shades of a treein the compound.They started talking and laughing excitedly.

“Raj,do youreally want to marry Reshma?”Khushi asked.

“Of course I want to marry her!” Raj replied. “She is the mostbeautiful girl I have ever seen!And she loves me, Khushi. I know she loves me.We could have run away together but I don’t want to hurt my mother.And Reshma’sfather wants her to be married to a big shot only.

Khushi was very fond of Raj’s mother.

“Jaya aunty is very proud of her son,”Khushi said as if she wasfinding an excuse for him.

“A son without any reputed job”.Raj added.

“Parents’ love is unconditional Raj.They love us not for our moneyor position but as a part of their life.’she said.And Reshma will marry you ,ifshe  really  loves you .

Raj said:. “What the hellam I to do,Khushi?”

Khushi watching him realised it was just like old times.They wereof the same age, and yet, because they were cousins and lived within half a mile of each other in the country, theyhad always spent much time together.He had treated Khushi as if she was a smallboy,

“Do you remember Raj,our childhood was very exciting?

“I remember everything and there was a time I thought that I lovedyou”.he said.

She burst into laughter and he joined after a pause.

It was exactly at that moment Arnav with Aman entered the compound.He was deep in thoughts and the sound of laughter made him turn abruptlyaround. Raj moved beside Khushi, put his arm round her shoulder and gave her anaffectionate hug.Arnav couldn’t trust his eyes.He listened.” “We used to manageto have some fun,” Khushi said softly.

“We will havesome more in the future,” Raj promised and gave her an affectionate hug.

“So she has a boyfriend andwas hiding it from dad and her family and she dares to openly flirt withhim.”Arnav thought.

Both Khushi and Raj moved hand in hand and disappeared from hisview.

.”My way is clear now.I need not marry her”.Arnav said.

“We don’t know who he is.Don’t think hastily Arnav.”Aman spoke.

But instead of feeling relieved,Arnav was strongly irritated.Amanwas confused.

………………………………………………………………

Arnav met Khushi the next day in the office.She was going to thecanteen and he blocked her way.

Arnav:How are you?

Khushi was surprised because he usually avoided her in the office.He had avoided her not because he did not admire her. It was indeed impossiblenot to be aware that there was something magnetic about her, but he had no wishto become too involved with her.

“Fine,Why?.She replied.

“I hope the person whom I met yesterday in your flat was  your friend.”

“May be”.Khushi said.She was very irritated by his tone.

“A close friend”?

"You see,Mr.Raizada…Khushi replied.…..

Call me Arnav.He cut her talk in between abruptly.

She continued:Why it bothers you?

Bothering me?he laughed.I was thinking that ,in case,he is yourcl…close friend,I can help you to escape my father’s proposal.

Khushi felt insulted

His eyes were on her face as he went on:

I am quite certain you arefond of the chap I saw yesterday with you.”

“That is none of your business”Khushi retorted.

“Of course”It’s my business as you very well know why you arehere”Arnav said.

Colour rose on Khushi’s cheeks..

Arnav continued, “Would it not be

better to be the wife of a charming, pleasant young man  than to spend a life with a man where you havenothing in common?

His words were causing a sense of chaos within her mind so that itwas hard for her to think clearly.It in fact was an open insult.

“Come,” he said, in a mocking tone. “You have everything to gain and nothing

to lose. Give me your hand and tell me that your answer is yes.”

He held out his own hand as he spoke and continued.We can befriends ”.She did not answer. Pratap’s words were echoing in her mind.”Beti, Ihave already accepted you as family and we are looking forward to the moment to welcome you as Raizada bride”

Khushi looked straight to his face and said:“Yes,as you said wehave nothing in common but I’m my father’s daughter who raised me to see good in all and to place ethical values above everything.We may not be rich like you..”

“I never meant money”…Arnav cut her in between.”I never meant it”.Herepeated. Khushi’s voice was firm and steady.”I am only a country girl as youhave mentioned to your friends, but ever since I grew older I have been very much my own mistress.You will find me very unpolished but I’m proud of myself.”

Khushi turned and walked towards her  cabin.Arnav was so angry that he shouted ather for the first time:”Khushiiiii…… stop…”.Khushi shuddered and almost lost  her balance.But she continued to walk to her cabin.The staff who were in that floor were shocked to hear his raised voice and Aman rushed to him.”Arnav..what’s going on?Why..why are you shouting?He looked at Khushi and Arnav.Arnav was shivering with rage .What he did next was totally unexpected.There was a small table with a beautiful flower vase  inthe corner of the corridor.He threw the vase on the wall and turned and walkedaway.He left without mentioning anything to Aman.Khushi fled to her room,shutthe door and leaned against it.She was shivering with fear and broke down.Pratapwho was watching everything from a room at the far end closed the door of his cabin,went to his seat and picked up his mobile.”He spoke to Virender,his legal advisor and friend.”Virender, give the breaking news in the media.Arnav SinghRaizada,son of Pratap Singh Raizada is getting engaged to Ms.Khushi TejeswarGupta .”

“It’s  really a very happy news Pratap.Arnav agreed?”Virender asked.

“we’ll meet after two days”.Pratap said .

Virender was familiar with Pratap’s mood swings.So he didn’t askfurther.He was thinking of the excitement among the public while hearing the news.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

Savera84 thumbnail

Good progress in the story.  Welcome back!

Cheers......

Vandie thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Awesome..

You updated after a very long time, but it Was a long update.. And I am very happy that u are continuing it.. Arshi are both equally hot headed n stubborn, though Khushi is a person with rich moral values.. Waiting to see Arnav's reaction on the news of their engagement in media..

Hope u update next part soon

Love

Vandie

jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Arnav’s EGO is taking decision right now and his heart and brain are in back seat..

If Arnav’s temper scared her, what would his philandering ways and attitude do to her ? 

shils28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Fabulous! Thanks for updating.

shiv456 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

wonder what will happen nice