shils28 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Superb! ❤️

It will be fun to read them in office. 😊

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Khushi working with Arnav will be just the right solution. Both do need to get to know each other.

rosalinesibs thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Interesting story looking forward to read more 

abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you so much for updating this story this chapter has set the pace of the story .Now onwards we can see a lot of interaction between Arnav and kushi .Arnav may think he will behave rudely and she will lose interest looks like she will give a tough fight and wont give in easily anyway waiting for the next chapter

tinken thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mskalasobti

CHAPTER 3

When Aman woke up the next day ,there was no sign of Arnavanywhere in the house.He picked up his mobile and made a call to him. Arnavanswered.I’m in office.”

You might have told me that you were going for work today. I wouldhave come with you,” Aman complained

“you were so tired last night after that exhausting journey that I thought I won’t disturb you. Arnavreplied.

After a quick bath Aman took breakfast with Raizada family andleft for office.He was eager to know Arnav’s decision.

On reaching office he got engaged in some official work with Arnavand as he couldn’t control his curiosity he asked:

“Do you intend to marryKhushi?”

“I am in no hurry to marry anyone,” Arnav answered, “although I

realise that I have to obey my father.

There was silence and then Aman went on,

If you are sensible, youwill  marry her.

“it’s a crazy idea,to marry a girl who is a total stranger tome”.Arnav replied.

“It’s your duty Arnav to uphold the dignity of your family andMs.Gupta is definitely  the answer” amansaid.

“I must think”.Arnav said after a few seconds.

I’m happy that you are giving it a thought  Arnav.”Aman replied.

“I really wish Ms.Gupta prefers some one else,I mean if she is inlove with some one else?Arnav was thoughtful.

“I don’t think so,anyway ask her directly”.Aman replied.

“I’ll definitely find a way to escape from this utterly boringproposal.Arnav thought.

………………………………………

At home everyone had only one topic to discuss and as Arnav was soirritated Anjaly said:"I am sorry, chote, "that you should have tomarry someone with whom

you are not in love. But you know as well as I do, that you shouldmarry a girl of dignity from a reputed family.

"I was well aware that I would have to marry one day,"Arnav replied, "but I can tell you Di  that at the moment I feel depressed at theidea of marrying this girl”.But he felt he didn’t sound convincing.

……………………..

Arnav couldn’t sleep that night.He wasthinking of a way to escape from marriage.Khushi was definitelybeautiful,refined but she was not his type.The Pandit would be coming after acouple of days for fixing the date of engagement and marriage.”What should Ido”?Arnav was desperate.

Then suddenly as a lightning a face flashedthrough his mind.”Yes,I got the answer”he felt relieved.The next day very earlymorning Arnav started off to meet his uncle, whom he loved and respected a lot.”Howcould I forget him?”he thought throughout his journey.

………………………………………………………………………

Ram,Pratap’s youngerbrother, who married the girl he loved,was thrown out from the family beforeArnav was born.Arnav was very fond of the pious gentleman,.Uncle Ram in hisfifties was still a handsome man and Arnav often heard from his aunts how thelocal ladies were jealous of his wife,aunt Latha.

Arnav reached his uncle’shouse in Shalimar bagh within an hour.He visited his uncle and aunt every monthand he loved the food cooked by his aunt.She was not accepted by her husband’sfamily as her family  didn’t match themfinancially .

To Arnav’s surprise he was greeted with warmth by his cousinSreejay.It was after 2 years that they were meeting now.

“When did you arrive?Why didn’t you inform me?”Arnav asked.

‘Actually I wanted to give you a surprise”.Sreejay said.

Sreejay exactly resembled his father and no woman could resisthim.He,like his father,was a man of character.He was in California doing hismasters in business administration.

Soon the four were engaged in discussions regarding their familyand in between his uncle asked.”Arnav,by the way,Why are you here in the earlymorning?anything important?I couldn’t come with you to Gahmar.You know,I cannottravel long distance”

“I know uncle.”Arnav said.

“We heard that the girl is from an aristocratic family and welleducated.”

Arnav remained quiet.”What happened?his aunt asked.

After a few seconds Arnav explained in brief that he had no wish to get married to Khushi.

"I have a feeling thatshe will make you happy .”I don’t know this girl.But from the description,Ihave a feeling that she would make you happy.

I don’t know uncle,I don’t want to marry her,but at the same timeI cannot see my father worry over me.

"I can only express my regret that you're forced into thismarriage," said his uncle... "I

suppose every man wants to be first in love."

“No,uncle,it’s not about love,I don’t believe in love,the reasonis the girl is a total stranger to me.I felt not the slightest desire to bemarried," he continued. "But yes, if I

marry,it will be according to my own choice”.

“Of course!” his aunt who was listening intently agreed.

“Can I suggest a solution”?she asked.

“Of course aunt Latha”.He responded quickly.”please tell me.Iwould do anything to escape from this depressing idea of marriage.”

“Mamma might say something romantic”Sreejay said.

“Arnav beta,Your worry is that she is a stranger know?

Her aunt paused.

Arnav:Yes

Latha:Then be with her for 6 months.

What?His uncle and Sreejay exclaimed.

“You mean they have to live together?”Sreejay asked.

Latha:Oh!God.No…to be with her means ask her to come and work withyou in your office.

Uncle Ram:Oh!thank god.My dear Latha,this is not a film ,this islife.

Sreejay:I think mamma has a point there.

Latha:Ram ji,this is not like our times,the girl and boy shouldknow each other well before they marry.

Arnav who was silently listening now replied”I think uncle that’sa good idea but she is living faraway from Delhi.How will she come daily towork?

Uncle Ram:I’ll talk to your father Arnav.Let me see what can bedone?

Arnav:He always listened to you uncle.

After a delicious and healthy breakfast Arnav decided to driveback home.

“Let me hurry,I’ve an important meeting today.Jay..come..now youare a master in business administration.let us go home and then to office.”

Sreejay hugged him.Every one in Pratap’s family were very close tohim and his parents.

Arnav:Thanks aunty for giving me a solution,now at least I havehope.

Latha:If you don’t think me interfering in your personal life,letme tell you beta,Please marry a lady of quality,let her make your life worthliving,let your mother’s soul rest in peace and you know you owe a lot to yourfather.

Arnav :Yes,aunt Latha,I know.That is why I’ve decided to give achance to this girl.

Sreejay:Arnav Bhayya,I’ll come in a couple of  days.I want to visit a few friends.

On the way home Arnav was thinking of Khushi.”she isbeautiful,bold and refined….but why I’m hesitant to marry her?he asked himself.Hedidn’t deny the fact that she was a suitable bride  for Raizada familybut he feared whether she is too conventional and orthodox.His social circlewas wide,he needed a partner who would understand his work,could play  a pivotal role in decision making and morethan anything should never question his personal interests.Aman always calledhim selfish and a male chauvinist.

“The girl is beautiful..no doubt..his thoughts again drifted toKhushi.”Janaki Tejeswar Gupta…….Khushi kumara Gupta…He muttered both hernames.It was almost noon when he reached his office .

…………………………………………………………..

In the evening Raizada family had  guests.It was Raizada siblings’ favourite auntSumithra ,Pratap’s younger sister and her husband..She was in Auckland foryears after marriage.Her husband was  adoctor,now retired, and her two daughters were happily married.Aunt Sumithradeeply loved her cousin during her college days but lost him in an accident.Nanionce mentioned:”Sumithra has entirely changed after that incident.She was likeany other girl.Her giggling echoed everywhere she went.But Raj took all thespark from her when he left”.Arnav was a child then. Arnav heard Aakash  once asked Nani about Raj.Nani said:”Ihaven’t seen such an elegant gentleman till date.He was everything a girl couldwish for !His laughter still echoes in my ears!The heavy loss was unbearableand the tragic part was the silence of Sumithra.She didn’t cry,instead becamefrighteningly quiet and shocking everyone by agreeing to marry a man much elder to her”.But Jagan,her husband,is agem of a man whom  nany  and others respected a lot.

Pratap:Sumi,why a surprise visit?

Sumithra:Why bhaiyya,I can come here at any time know?

Pratap:Of course,this is your house.I am just curious.That is all.

Sumithra:We are here with a proposal to Aakash.You are going tofix the marriage of Arnav know,so Why not Aakash too?

Anjaly was excited:That’s a great news.Who is the girl aunty?

Sumithra:She is from a well to do family and is a chartedaccountant.She is Jagan’s friend’s daughter.

"You are wise to marry, Arnav,".Sumithra said."Tanujaand women

like her will involve you in trouble only.

A nice sensible educated countrygirl with good values will give you a stable happy married life and will upholdthe dignity of your family.”

Arnav could not help wondering, if his aunt, when she saw Khushiwould consider her a 'nice  country girl'as he recalled the conversation between him and Khushi.

Sumithra:Pratap bhaiyya,I want to see Khushi.

Pratap:Of course,Panditji is coming the next day,after that wewill go together .

Arnav thought this was the opportunity he could speak.

“I wish to discuss an important matter with  you papa”Arnav spoke.

“I want to know Khushi better before marriage.”Arnav could readfrom everyone’s expression that they were shocked.

Nani and Anjali :What ?

Anjali’s expression changed into excitement.She came near Arnavand hugged him.”Chote,you have decided to marry her?

Arnav:”Di,please stop the drama.What I mean is I want to know herfor a minimum of 6 months,then only I can say whether I want to marry or not”.

Nani:What do you mean chote?

Pratap didn’t respond.He was looking at Arnav with a thoughtfulexpression.

Pratap:What do you want?

Arnav:I want her to come here and work with me in my office,sothat I can observe her,I mean we can know each other well.

Pratap:And if you feel that she is not  suitable for you..?

Arnav:Then,I won’t marry her.

Pratap:And if she wishes to marry you.?

Arnav:That will never happen.I will treat her as one of my staffonly.

Pratap:I want time to take a decision.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Precap:-

A little before 5o’clock,at the close of a heavy rainy day, attired in a peach colour saree  which so exactly fitted her admirable figure,Khushi entered AR designers’ office at Varanasi. Arnav Singh raizada strode across the hall and then stopped on his track as she was moving  towards him.

……………………………………………………………………………….

Edited by mskalasobti - 4 years ago

tinken thumbnail

This is amazing! He is not sure whether to marry her or let go. Hhaha

jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I am sad Arnav is not considering if, may be , Khushi would not wish to marry him after 6 months, after getting to know him better, even if he want to marry her. Why is there no choice to Khushi there, as if she would not get anyone better. 

tinken thumbnail

Yeah,. This is male ego talking. But do not worry dear friend . Soon Khushi will ensure that he swallows it and go crazy with Khushi's tashan.