Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: amivp

I so very much agree with Mish. Can't actually compare Mishal with Big B.  He can take inspiration from Mr. B and I see trace of Big B in some of King's scenes.
Regarding Mishal and Ranbir, both are fab actors. One got chance to shine on the big screen the other one on the small screen. Can't actually compare...

Dazz, @ bold...
Gosh, I was so way off. What was I thinking ?? My excuse...I was half asleep while writing that πŸ˜†
But Abishek's 42...oh my, time really flies. 

Ami...True , Mishal can take a few notes from AB. Hopefully Mishal's dream of
making it in the Hindi film industry will come true soon.

Guys, please don't be surprised, but I dont have much of an opinion about Ranbir.
I don't watch his movies . If I remember correctly, last I watched was Barfi & 
he was pretty good in that.  But the rest, no idea.
And TBH, I would rather compare Mishal with Rajkummar Rao or even Sushant Singh Rajput

~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mishfan

Dazz, @ bold...
Gosh, I was so way off. What was I thinking ?? My excuse...I was half asleep while writing that πŸ˜†
But Abishek's 42...oh my, time really flies. 

Ami...True , Mishal can take a few notes from AB. Hopefully Mishal's dream of
making it in the Hindi film industry will come true soon.

Guys, please don't be surprised, but I dont have much of an opinion about Ranbir.
I don't watch his movies . If I remember correctly, last I watched was Barfi & 
he was pretty good in that.  But the rest, no idea.
And TBH, I would rather compare Mishal with Rajkummar Rao or even Sushant Singh Rajput

Abhishek looks quite young and has done a good job maintaining his youth.  I find it difficult to believe that he's 42 as well. πŸ˜‰  Ami - I feel that being the Kapoor Scion, Ranbir was given the ultimate platform to showcase his talent.  Would he have been as successful at his age without any connections in the industry?  Would he have made it even as a television star? πŸ˜³  Something to ponder about.  It's true that talent trumps all in the end, but actors like Mishal have difficulty accessing that platform to express their mastery in acting.  I personally cannot choose between Mishy and Ranbir either.  They're both phenomenal actors who bring a multitude of expressions to the screen and have the panache to carry any character with the utmost ease onscreen. πŸ‘  Mish - I had the same opinion as you when I first started watching Ranbir about ten years ago.  I didn't see the big deal in him either until I watched Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.  It isn't even his most acclaimed film, but he outperformed in that film and was fantastic in my opinion.  I was never a fan until that movie. β˜ΊοΈ  I started watching his interviews and his humility really impressed me.  He seems quite humble and down-to-earth without any of the typical flairs the Kapoor's have been infamous for in all these years.  I'm super excited to watch Sanju just for Ranbir and one of my favourite filmmakers of all-time, Rajkumar Hirani.   Rajkummar Rao is definitely another actor that belongs to Mishal and Ranbir's league. πŸ‘πŸΌ  SSR is also a good actor, but isn't a contender for the same league in my opinion. 
amivp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~DaZZ|ing~

Abhishek looks quite young and has done a good job maintaining his youth.  I find it difficult to believe that he's 42 as well. πŸ˜‰  Ami - I feel that being the Kapoor Scion, Ranbir was given the ultimate platform to showcase his talent.  Would he have been as successful at his age without any connections in the industry?  Would he have made it even as a television star? πŸ˜³  Something to ponder about.  It's true that talent trumps all in the end, but actors like Mishal have difficulty accessing that platform to express their mastery in acting.  I personally cannot choose between Mishy and Ranbir either.  They're both phenomenal actors who bring a multitude of expressions to the screen and have the panache to carry any character with the utmost ease onscreen. πŸ‘  Mish - I had the same opinion as you when I first started watching Ranbir about ten years ago.  I didn't see the big deal in him either until I watched Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.  It isn't even his most acclaimed film, but he outperformed in that film and was fantastic in my opinion.  I was never a fan until that movie. β˜ΊοΈ  I started watching his interviews and his humility really impressed me.  He seems quite humble and down-to-earth without any of the typical flairs the Kapoor's have been infamous for in all these years.  I'm super excited to watch Sanju just for Ranbir and one of my favourite filmmakers of all-time, Rajkumar Hirani.   Rajkummar Rao is definitely another actor that belongs to Mishal and Ranbir's league. πŸ‘πŸΌ  SSR is also a good actor, but isn't a contender for the same league in my opinion. 

DAZZ, Bold above , in films it is tough to get break without connection. One needs to have solid destiny...
I loved Ranbir in Yeh jawani hai deewani... It was very good movie. He has played different characters in almost all of his films. He becomes the character. i wouldn't say he is handsome based on the features but very good actor.

Mish:, Bold above, Let us hope he makes it big into the films. I believe it is his dream. Hopefully things are going to work out for him

So, are you all watching King??? Last two days he has significant part in the serial.
Loved the way he hugged Kiara yesterday. It looked more real. Love the way King loves Kiara. It is different bond.

When I see Abhi and King, I just laugh the way they talk. TRP aunties must be surprised that OMG now males are competing with female in taunts... HaHaHa 
Now they are going to show off wives???
King I didn't like that you lied to P today.. For now I will live with that flaw and also love king's goof- up in Hindi, P correcting it. Today's dialogue, oh so you are going out for time pass..(King's convo with his aunt)

Edited by amivp - 5 years ago
AvaniVrinda thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Aha what a discussion on Mishal and Bollywood stalwarts /actors πŸ‘   πŸ˜ƒ

@Mish count me on not being admirer of Ranbir either 😊

@Dazz i will have to take back words on Mishal having listened to you on his attire in kkb. But seeing funny attire of Male lead too i am wondering if Mishal actually chose these attires. He might have just chosen some accessories πŸ˜‰
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjdkN6YnWrT/
Mishfan thumbnail
TBH, I did not want to watch that movie Dazz. I guess the story & his pairing
with Aishwarya as well were my reasons. Interesting that you thought he 
Outperformed in that movie. Correct me if I am wrong...I thought he was applauded
for his performance in another movie..Rockstar / Rocky ( forget the name )
but believe he was a rockstar in it. I remember reading about his outstanding performance.
I am sure he has grown as an actor over the years & his best is yet to come.

@ Ami, yes the last couple of episodes have been showing more of King
So glad that Dazz found the Instagram with short video clips.
Perfect to just watch clips of  King scenes in those posts.
Thanks Again Dazz πŸ€—

@ Avani, maybe it's just me, but I tend to watch out for those quality actors who are not 
star kids.
Infact it always bothers me as to why most star kids choose acting when their possibilities 
are endless given the kind of wealth & a secured life they have had growing up.

Edited by Mishfan - 5 years ago
Mishfan thumbnail
Hi guys...came across an interesting article about Indian Telly soaps / shows.

Should we start to seriously question ourselves...
are we really stupid ???πŸ˜•

https://www.nationalheraldindia.com/entertainment/the-predicament-of-hindi-tv-serial-writers

The scripts they churn out may look dumb to you. But is that out of compulsion or does it reflect the lack of creativity in the medium? 

Hindi TV serials have become the necessary evil of north Indian households. Since the prime time' is the dinner time in almost every average household, the entire family ends up watching these serials which remain on the verge of nonsense, absurd and stupid. If the Goddess' of TV serial producers, Ekta Kapoor, is to be believed, then the Hindi audience wants this. But do they really?

It is not just the gaudy manner in which every single bahu, beti, saas aur maa is dressed up, it is also the way the story unfolds with all the illogical twists and turns and the dialogues which are repetitive and monotonous that you almost want to kill these serial killers'.

Often while watching the drag of a drama, one wonders who writes them or do they too have such a low IQ that they are happy writing such vain stories? Writers of Hindi TV serials lead dual lives. Their first life is the public life wherein they come to meetings in chauffer-driven cars, with a laptop or an electronic tablet in hand. Inside an often plush room, they recite their story idea or screenplay or dialogues to producers and channel executives.

They are often animated and act passionate. Until the meeting concludes, at least. Their other life is the far more intelligent life, wherein they talk about literature and flirt with ideas of doing serious works of consequence. This life is revealed over drinks or over an intimate chat away from the ears of producers and channel honchos. Here, some of them speak ill about their first life and blast the mediocre writing on television. Perhaps these lashings are reserved only for interviews and chats. And once inside their cars, the first life, with its promises of scotch a nd soda, takes charge. One popular writer once informed me over one such chat if he gets a chance he will write a show better than any English show on air... "par audience hi yedi hai yaar (the audience itself is stupid). Yes, the Hindi TV industry earns its big money apparently from the people's stupidity'. Almost every successful English show is discussed in the television world for a possible Hindi remake (or copy).

But they don't get made because as per this industry, the English-speaking audience is more intelligent than the Hindi audience. Most of the people who watch Hindi shows are uncouth or idiots as one channel executive told me. And it's not likely that they will understand the highbrow English concepts. Which is why even watered down desi versions of Game of Thrones are not made. The audience just won't get it. They don't have the smarts. Watch any Hindi serial on TV, the dialogues are spoken slowly and sound effects are used liberally to convey the emotion. There is no subtlety. In such a scenario, it is hard for writers to produce quality. A writer I was associated with spent ten minutes of a twenty-minute episode to explain to the audience a grandmother's anguish on seeing Gandhiji on a ten-Rupees note. The audience had to be force-fed the concept that there is no value for people like the Mahatma in today's times. Every dialogue spoken by the old lady was punctuated with sad background music! Writers blame the audience and also the channels for what can be called content stagnation on TV. However, the audience does not know one glaring fact about the writing industry. Here, writers often don't write. They leave the writing to assistants. Anybody wanting a hold as a writer can join as an assistant to these writers and do their work. These assistants are never invited to any channel meetings. They are not spoken of. They are not credited or paid much. This helps the main writers to accept more shows and earn more money. Effectively, this shows that the quality of TV writing is such that anybody with a basic grasp over the language can write the script for a show. You may smirk at these instances but ask your maid and your driver about their views. These good natured souls, not blessed with an education, often find these shows to be riveting and the cheapest way to escape their life's problems. And they constitute the primary audience of the TV industry.

This is an industry that gets richer from the pockets of the poor and the uneducated. This doesn't mean that the rich and educated don't watch them, but the shows are not made keeping them in mind. Television, then, is not a writer's medium. Is it a living proof that most of India is unable to appreciate literature? A poor person will care for food and an easy escape from his miseries to the mindless TV sagas than enjoy deeper literary stories. But this is not the case. When serials like Buniyad, Kab Tak Pukarun were made, they immediately gained popularity. So, is churning out senseless drama a compulsion of an industry involved in mass production? Possibly not, but what is clear is that these embarrassingly inferior serials speak volumes of the degenerating creativity in the medium.

Mishfan thumbnail
Here is another set of info. that might surprise us all...

Recently in March BARC released a survey done in India and observations, data seem to put forth interesting facts against popular notions about so called 'TRP audience' or 'TRP aunties' or 'Housewives mainly watch daily soaps' etc. πŸ˜› This notion may be valid a decade and half back, but not in current age.. 

For all those who trusted the popular belief that Indian youth of current times does not like watching TV, this could come as a surprise...

• Youth watches more TV in India.      - 33% in 15-30 age group
  • Adults come next                             - 32% in 31-50 age group
  • Matured adults                                 - 8% in 51-60 age group
  • Children                                           - 20% in 2-14 age group
  • Remaining is senior citizens             - 7% in 61+ age group  
  • TV watched equally by both males & females - 50% each 

• Urban Indian youth spends more time before TV per day, than the rural youth
  • Be it week days or week ends, TV viewership gets to its peat from 8,30 pm onward
  • TV viewership among the youth remains same across weekdays & weekends, with minor deviations. This may break the notion that the youth watches more TV during weekends. 
  • GECs and Movie channels get max Indian viewership on an average, next goes to Music and News channels.

amivp thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Here is another set of info. that might surprise us all...

Recently in March BARC released a survey done in India and observations, data seem to put forth interesting facts against popular notions about so called 'TRP audience' or 'TRP aunties' or 'Housewives mainly watch daily soaps' etc. πŸ˜› This notion may be valid a decade and half back, but not in current age.. 

For all those who trusted the popular belief that Indian youth of current times does not like watching TV, this could come as a surprise...

• Youth watches more TV in India.      - 33% in 15-30 age group
  • Adults come next                             - 32% in 31-50 age group
  • Matured adults                                 - 8% in 51-60 age group
  • Children                                           - 20% in 2-14 age group
  • Remaining is senior citizens             - 7% in 61+ age group  
  • TV watched equally by both males & females - 50% each 

• Urban Indian youth spends more time before TV per day, than the rural youth
  • Be it week days or week ends, TV viewership gets to its peat from 8,30 pm onward
  • TV viewership among the youth remains same across weekdays & weekends, with minor deviations. This may break the notion that the youth watches more TV during weekends. 
  • GECs and Movie channels get max Indian viewership on an average, next goes to Music and News channels.

OMG, youth watches more TV in India that too urban Indian??? So, youth contributes to the BARC TRPs???
Never realised youth into saas-bahu saga...I thought these were aunties...

I guess once the viewers are in love with the lead pair or one of the leads then they continue to watch the series even though story is not interesting.
If you see any new serial in the  first 3-9 months goes as per plan and then they start different TRP drama, literally killing the story.

I am really confused how Sony is surviving without good TRPs. None of it's how is crossing more that 1.0 in BAARC ratings, still it is churning out different subjects and good content. This is going on since so long.Also, none of Sony's show last more than one year.
Why can't other channel follow the same steps?

Another thought, based on this article, I think channels are coming up with lot of new kid shows like Kulfi kumar bajewala ( I have seen few clips and the little girl's performance is brilliant), Mariam Khan reporting live (again the girl is very innocent)

Thanks. Mish for all these articles. These are eye openers.

~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: AvaniVrinda

Aha what a discussion on Mishal and Bollywood stalwarts /actors πŸ‘   πŸ˜ƒ

@Mish count me on not being admirer of Ranbir either 😊

@Dazz i will have to take back words on Mishal having listened to you on his attire in kkb. But seeing funny attire of Male lead too i am wondering if Mishal actually chose these attires. He might have just chosen some accessories πŸ˜‰
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjdkN6YnWrT/

It's not just me, Avani.  Other fans are pointing out the same thing in the comments! πŸ˜†  I'm glad I'm not alone in noticing his disaster of a wardrobe. πŸ€ͺ  To top it all off, our smart aleck hero decided to take the credit for his style on KKB worrying fans like me all the more. πŸ˜• πŸ˜†  The man just doesn't have the right fashion sense.  I have no other way to sum it up. πŸ˜³  It's okay, his twinkling eyes and bright grin make up for what he lacks in the style department. πŸ˜›
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail

TBH, I did not want to watch that movie Dazz. I guess the story & his pairing

with Aishwarya as well were my reasons. Interesting that you thought he 
Outperformed in that movie. Correct me if I am wrong...I thought he was applauded
for his performance in another movie..Rockstar / Rocky ( forget the name )
but believe he was a rockstar in it. I remember reading about his outstanding performance.
I am sure he has grown as an actor over the years & his best is yet to come.

@ Ami, yes the last couple of episodes have been showing more of King
So glad that Dazz found the Instagram with short video clips.
Perfect to just watch clips of  King scenes in those posts.
Thanks Again Dazz πŸ€—

@ Avani, maybe it's just me, but I tend to watch out for those quality actors who are not 
star kids.
Infact it always bothers me as to why most star kids choose acting when their possibilities 
are endless given the kind of wealth & a secured life they have had growing up.

His chemistry with Aishwarya was what had me intrigued about the film. 😳  I'm a really big fan of Aish's and thought she looked phenomenal in the trailer!   The way she looked at her age, her wardrobe, and the grace that effervescently oozed out of her had me in awe.  I was amazed that her and Ranbir actually had chemistry and mind you I'm not into cougar love stories either. πŸ˜³  Most star kids aren't the best when it comes to acting, but Ranbir is an exception to the rule as is Alia.  I think they're both quite talented. πŸ˜Š  Did you watch the trailer that I posted for Sanju?  Ranbir eats, lives, and breathes Sanju Baba in the film. πŸ‘πŸΌ  I also think that star kids pursue acting for the fame that they're accustomed to because of their parents.  I guess they enjoy being in the limelight for that very reason.  I also read somewhere that star kids are more bankable names in the industry.  The audience is more willing to give so-and-so's son or daughter a chance over a newcomer or an actor from a different medium such as television and theatre.  Profitability basically dictates which actor gets which role based on the success of their films.  You all know I'm a fan of Sidharth Malhotra, but I'll be the first to admit that he's a mediocre actor.  If I were to compare Sid and Varun as actors, I'd say both are mediocre in terms of performance.  Nonetheless, Varun seems to have a draw on the audience and has yet to deliver a box office dud.  He also seems to be getting more exciting roles amongst his generation of actors.