Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melkor thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Meghna333

Wow! Thank you so much for informing us! Btw Pankhuri  Awashty could have been best choice 😆, never mind Aparna is better than Riya

Sigh!! Pankhuri was indeed the best choice for Roxana
But chalo something is better than nothing😆
Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: LawlessLawyer

And I thought I would create some confusion😆😆

Anyway it's great to see you again🤗

P.S.IronStrange???❤️
Gimme five on this!!

Same here! 🤗
IronStrange is loove! ❤️
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Roxxane ki entry ki news se purane forummates bhi rejoin ho Gaye
Go Alexander 2 Bactria Ur destiny is waiting 4 u.
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@Deepika : great to see you too! I kinda jumped when I read it in the newspaper, the first thing in morning!😳
@Shyamala Aunty : yeah the role was insignificant but so was Suhani's. Madri was another hardly anything. And seeing her now is pretty amazing so I hope even Aparna will be cool to watch!

@Ayesha :
IKR!!! I had suggested her name and looks like SidT ne sunn liya 😆😆
But our guess on MB actress was absolutely correct!😳
I'm so glad we've Roxy now. I want her to be fiesty like Alex and please, for god's sake CVs don't ruin their romance 😆
Alex ko toh total buzdil khooni bana diya. I'm hopeful that they'll be fiery to watch 😉

PS : What's up with that UN?😆
Me too, Iron - strange 😛😳
Edited by ..AjabdeBaisa.. - 5 years ago
Melkor thumbnail
Almost all the leading ladies of Porus are artists from MB.I miss my good old MB😭
Anyway coming back to the topic,all I want from the CVs is that they should show some mercy on us poor people who waited for Roxana like anything and execute this love story properly.😳

I would like to believe that the writers were high on Bhaang when they wrote the recent tracks😆Hope they recover from the hangover asap and give us a proper AlexAna track ❤️

IronStrange is pure awesomeness❤️Sherlock meets Sherlock😎
My new UN is after my current favourite Korean drama😆
Edited by LawlessLawyer - 5 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Bhaang, my dear Ayesha, makes people lively. These CVs were as dull as ditchwater, with all that speechifying having probably been written in a daze, whence the constant repetition of words and phrases. I think it must have been an overdose of morphine that dulled their cerebral apparatus.😆

Anyhow, I am having great fun seeing all of you chirping and fluttering around like a flock of bulbuls.😃 I like to see young people happy, and after the disaster of the last 2/3 episodes, it is high time we had something good. 

Incidentally, there was a post in the  Relax people  thread, saying that Alexander was only a supporting character like Shivdutt, and so it   would be folly to expect too much or too detailed coverage for him. I was first exasperated, but then amused. Since you will have some difficulty  locating that post, I am pasting the comment and my response below. You will all be entertained by it, I  hope. It was a classic case  of not checking  the data before making  a categoric statement!

Incidentally, the Sri Lankan  TV folks have renamed Porus  as  Digvijaya,  or  world conqueror, which  is of course a reference to Alexander. So much for Alexander's lack of importance!😆

Shyamala Aunty/Di

PS: So  your id picture is a Korean actress. I thought she was a geisha. She looks lovely, like an elegant white mask.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted: 27 May 2018 at 1:01am | IP Logged

This is only about @bold, which is an interesting point of view. But there is one major problem with it. 

Does Shivdutt feature in the montage with equal space with Porus the way Alexander does? No, he does not. So there is no point in equating Alexander  and Shivdutt.

Secondly, it is the makers who  are constantly dragging in  the so-called link of niyati between Porus and Alexander at every possible moment, after first having created the  major fiction that they are both of the same age, whereas the real Porus had grown up sons, both of whom died in the battle of the Hydaspes, and a daughter, Kalyani, who was married to Abhi, the king of Takshashila (the  present Ambhikumar). It is as  if the CVs  see this karmic connection, as they put it, between Porus and Alexander,  as a kind of  umbilical cord!

They do it because without the Alexander connection, their script will lose its  vazan. Most Indians know of Porus, or Purushottam, only because he was brave enough, and was devoted enough to his land and its people,   to face up to Alexander when no one else was willing to do so, and Alexander is still world famous after 23 centuries. Without Alexander, no one would have specially remembered Porus. He is not a Chandragupta Maurya or a Chanakya or an Ashoka, who are immortalised on their own steam. 

How many Indians know   anything of Skandagupta, the Gupta emperor of the  first half   of the 5th century AD?  He saved the whole of north India by fighting off the Huns, who were descending on our northwest frontier like locusts. But the Huns are not as glamorous as Alexander the Great, so no one  bothers to even remember Skandagupta. 

Puru or Porus is the protagonist of this show, and Alexander in the antagonist. That is why they  are given equal space in the montage, glowering across at each other. And this is also why  at least 20% of the screen time, and so many excellent scenes, including all his major battles to date, are devoted to Alexander and  the Macedonian part. Without this  Alexander connection, Porus  would be just another raja rani fiction show, like Prithvi Vallabh. 

Apart from this,  I could never understand why such an opulent production was entrusted to Sony, which is mostly the graveyard of good TV, and which  singlehandedly drove Yashraj TV out of business thought most of their productions were very good. Sony also sank Anurag Kashyap's   Yudh, though, as Amitabh Bachchan's first fiction show on TV,  it should have done very well. The channel is manhoos.  

Shyamala  Cowsik 

Originally posted by rahulkrishna24

when the show is of porus  biopic almost why do we expect the story of Alex? he is one of the  anti porus character in the show like shivdutt. I don't think they give more importance and show his love life or his biography his victories  wars etc. so worrying  about the character of Alex and his side story  may be not worth of time as per my view. i am not talking about others. The title of the show is Porus and all the other characters including Alex r  the characters that come on stage like flashes.Expecting more of Alex side story except the final war is  a dream i feel. This is the reason i guess Rohit thought a lot before taking up this role  as his role will be restricted to  a specific time and scenes and he will never get equal screen space like porus  story! regarding  trps as per sony channel it is ok .
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Originally posted by: LawlessLawyer

Almost all the leading ladies of Porus are artists from MB.I miss my good old MB😭

Anyway coming back to the topic,all I want from the CVs is that they should show some mercy on us poor people who waited for Roxana like anything and execute this love story properly.😳

I would like to believe that the writers were high on Bhaang when they wrote the recent tracks😆Hope they recover from the hangover asap and give us a proper AlexAna track ❤️

IronStrange is pure awesomeness❤️Sherlock meets Sherlock😎
My new UN is after my current favourite Korean drama😆

Edited by sashashyam - 5 years ago
Melkor thumbnail
^^Thanks for pointing that out Aunty.Morphine does seem to be the more apt option given the CVs' current state😆
Ah!! The small joys of life which we are getting through this one article about Roxana😆There is a saying,'Doobte ko tinke ka sahara'😳😆 So it's better to relish whatever small mercies the CVs are showing us.

What!!! Alexander is no more important than Shivdutt??🤪 I guess there is some problem with my eyesight for I totally missed out Shivdutt in the first motion poster,first look,first teaser,promos and montage of the show.All I could see was Alexander along with Puru.
I really need to get a new pair of specs🤔🤓Even the tagline of the show is Jo Duniya Jeet Ke Aaya Tha,Usse Khaali Haath Lautaya Tha

Yes!! That's a Korean actress in my DP😳
She is Jun Ji hyun who is one of the most beautiful women in South Korea❤️

I am going a bit off topic here but did you ever get to visit South Korea during your career as a diplomat??😳

Edited by LawlessLawyer - 5 years ago
darkwarrior200 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Pankhuri Awasthy was supposed to play Roxanne. But the shoot dates were clashing with her current schedule.
We would get to see PanKhit again im so mad right now
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
It's ok give Aparna also chance
Melkor thumbnail

Originally posted by: darkwarrior200

Pankhuri Awasthy was supposed to play Roxanne. But the shoot dates were clashing with her current schedule.
We would get to see PanKhit again im so mad right now

I feel like a person who has been robbed😡On one side I am glad that they atleast considered to bring Roxana but the fact that we were this close to PankHit's onscreen reunion and yet missed out on them is infuriating.
Anyway let's see what Aparna does.