Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Actor Prakash Raj calls Amitabh Bachchan coward

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago
Published : May 11,2018

Actor Prakash Raj has launched a blistering attack against Amitabh Bachchan calling him coward for his refusal to speak up against barbaric gang-rape and murder of an 8-year-old child in Jammu and Kashmir's Kathua district.

When asked what he expected from Bachchan to do in response to the brutal gang-rape and murder of the 8-year-old child in Kathua, Raj said, "I wanted him (Bachchan) to say that stop this.' Raj was asked if he was worried about the pitfalls of taking on perhaps the most iconic name in the Hindi cinema. Raj said, "It was a request. I feel that as artists we are also a consistence of our society.  When artists become coward, we will become the reason for the society to become coward.

When asked if he felt Bachchan was being cowardly, Raj replied, "I think so. What have I got to gain? I respect him for what he (Bachchan) is but I am requesting him to please join hand, it's important.' You are not talking against a party. You are talking against an issue, a thought process, which is not right for this country.

Speaking to journalist Barkha Dutt, the Singham and Wanted star added, "I requested him. It's my right. He's got a wonderful voice. I wanted him to speak up. He just said, I don't want to speak about it.' But sir, it's so dirty that you have speak up. Because Kathua rape to me is not that somebody belonging to a religion didn't do it. But the reason it was done to threaten a group of people to leave that place. And just because they are from your party, you will go an stand by them. Protest for them. This is not done.

Raj added, "I want to grow up...Why don't you (Bachchan) realise that you are rich enough to lose. They asked me Prakash have you lost anything.' I tell them don't ask me as an economist. I am rich enough to lose.'

Raj's attack against Bachchan came just weeks after actor Pooja Bhatt slammed the Bollywood megastar for his remarks on the recent rape cases particularly the gang-rape and murder of an 8-year-old child in Kathua and the rape of an 18-year-old girl by a BJP MLA in Uttar Pradesh.

Pooja taken to Twitter to remind Bachchan about his recent film, Pink, which was a story about a lawyer who had single-handed fought to deliver justice to three women, attacked by men. Bachchan had the character of the brave lawyer. Pooja wrote, "I can't help being reminded of a film called #Pink. Can our images on screen please be reflected in reality?

Bachchan, the brand ambassador of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao (Save daughters, educate daughters) had astonishingly chided a reporter on Friday when she asked him to comment on the recent rape cases.

When asked to comment on Kathua gang-rape and murder, Bachchan had told the journalist to not bring up this issue.' "Even discussing this issue feels disgusting, don't bring up this issue. It is terrible to even talk about it, Bachchan was quoted by ANI.