ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
Vaani is working with Ranbir, Ranveer, Hrithik, Tiger. There are rumours she will do Dhoom 4 with Salman. All are major YRF projects.

But to think she has been here for 5 years and hasn't delivered even a proper hit, yet she is bagging these biggies even established top actresses dream of? How?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fortuitous thumbnail
Nepotism - the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs. (noun) 

Edited by sinisterstorms - 6 years ago
Shudh desi romance was a hit and vaani took most accolades including all newcomer awards. she was promising until she messed her face up.
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
SDR didn't really register. It had some buzz during the release thanks to the music and the fresh feel. But the film wasn't great and it didn't make any real impact.
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
she was actually the best thing of SDR..but that didn't help her much even though movie was a clean hit and she won a filmfare
but after the botched up surgery..it is very distracting to see her on sceeen..she looked abysmal in befikre and i struggled to understand what she was saying coz she struggled to speak properly due to too much fillers around her lips area

how she gets..NEPOTISM what else

being someone's daughter or getting into pants of some big shot producer..always helps
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

nepotism is a practise to get a job through means other than purely merit..which usually involves contacts..be it your dad..uncle..husband or your f**k buddy..

But the real question is...why/how does Rani even put up with it? 😕 or is she the classic example of another typical doormat star wife who prefers looking the other way? 🤔

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I loved her in desi shudhh, all three pari, sush vani was great in that movie. After the surgery she looks horrible. I have not seen the movie with her and ranveer so I can't comment on that
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
YRF is obviously positioning Vaani for the action roles that they used to previously give to Katrina. I think it's partly based on how successful Nashe Se Chad Gayi was. 
They shuffle Anushka and Parineeti in their more acting oriented roles and Anushka in the bigger budget films. They don't really have any choices as their other newer launches didn't make any impact. Bhumi is also not cut out for these roles. 

BTW, Adi tends to do this. He used to cast Rani against all reason in every movie and now Vaani ðŸ˜†
Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
He let her wait for so long after her first movie and then let her face damaged for Befikre nowadays she looks normal again. The Befikre part was a meaty role for a female actress so not sure how the others parts will be. Guess he rather takes his inhouse talents for those parts instead of casting other actresses.
From his inhouse talents i guess Vaani fits the most she is the better dancer and her acting is also not bad.
Adi seems to help Vaani just like Kjo does to his kids.