Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago
that was very useful
thanks for the pm dear
appreciate your sharing of knowledge
Waymaker thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Great tutorial. Keep up the good work Pro!
Strikhedonia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Pro!😃

I'm just getting back to PS and this forum. So, sorry for the late comment. I'll go through all your tutorials soon. I'm sure they'll be really helpful to me.

And, I have one suggestion. I think you can make a tutorial on the correct way to save the creations (especially gifs). Like how and what options to be checked and all that. I'm saying this because it took a lot of time for me to figure it out (though I still don't know if it's the right way) and it would help many other people.

Edited by -Strikhedonia- - 5 years ago
Strikhedonia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: rai-kishori.

Useful Tricks

4. This shows which palettes I usually work on. Those are indicated by the ticks in the 'windows' drop-down.

In this, what is swatches exactly for? I mean, what is its function and where it is used?

Edited by -Strikhedonia- - 5 years ago
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: -Strikhedonia-

In this, what is swatches exactly for? I mean, what is its function and where it is used?

The swatches panel saves your most-used colours.

And, say you're working on a tag, and you have these 3-colour codes. You can save them in the swatch panel under a distinct name, an you get past the problem of remembering/constantly hanging windows for the exact colours (you can just choose them from the bar). Also apart from this the panel also provides other system based colour palettes that are a great help in colour coding graphics. Hope this helps! 😳

PS I'll surely put up the GIF settings on the first page. 😳

wayward thumbnail
Thank you so much everyone for the amazing response on the previous tutorials!
@Arthy di, the setting for saving GIFs is there on page 1, eighth point under 'Tips and Tricks'. 😳
wayward thumbnail
Lesson 3

Tags: Basic Level

First of all, I'm sure you'll be having a concept ready for the tag. You will first have to collect the material for your tag. By material, I mean pictures, or vectors, by the technicality. Vectors are basically pictures that have a transparent background. And, just for the sake of it, a transparent background is different from a white background. The checkered plane of white/gray is the 'plane of transparency' in Photoshop and even on similar online sites like Pixlr. As an example,

I, came across the phrase bheegi billi somewhere which basically in a Hindi idiom we use to refer to a person who looks very innocent on the outside but has a diabolical nature inside. Well, I took it for its literal meaning that is, "a wet cat". So I looked for a particularly tongue-in-cheek kinda cartoon-cat (wait till you see her! 😆), and a cartoon cloud with rain-drops. Now, I already have a good collection of these vectors (the new tag-makers will please get started on that!) so I also selected a cool-looking quill and a trendy white bar, and there you go!

Final product:

So what I did was, open a transparent document 0f 500*500 (you can have it of any size, and you can always crop/resize). Then I just piled things one after the other. So, first went my cat, then I put that fancy quill under her (she's the focus here), and because the rain falls ON her, the cloud layer went above. I know I said checkered but because it's very difficult to see stuff over that, I added a layer right below with a white colour (since this was for IF I used F9F9F9) so that I can see for myself how this will look when it is posted finally. This layer needs to be deleted/hidden before we save.

But as you can see in the picture, the cat and the quill kinda merge in and you can't see the rain drops over the cat! So, to distinguish between the layer, I'm added a border to the cat and the cloud layers with the 'stroke' function.

Now, as you can see the cat and the quill and the rain can all be seen separately!

Now what I did was to add the text and give it a colour. Now, the text would only look better if you picked colours from the vectors itself with the Eyedropper Tool (just press I), that would make the text blend in. In case you have colour code to maintain, I'd suggest you use the various colouring tools to adjust the pictures.

So I made three layers of the same text (copied them, ctrl+j) with 4 colours picked from the images.

Then, I made 3 copies of the cloud layer and added varying noise on them (3, 4 and 5, you can find add noise under noise, under Filter)

Whoopie! We're off to the animation.
Animation is nothing but a little bit of change, that repeats itself. The settings can be seen in the following pictures, but it is very important that you know what you're doing. The 'eye' that you can see beside each layer is what controls the visibility, and the the number under the frames controls the speed. This speed varies tag to tag. Basically, you're the best judge of what you make.

Now, here you gotta do a bit of calculation. I had 4 text layers and 3 noise layers. The first arrangement would be 3*4 that is, 12 frames, with everything repeating. But, that would be so boring! So as you can see, I have only 6 frames.

I first made, separate frames (the box-like button beside the delete button in the timeline will copy your current frame). In each one, I hid 3 of my 4 texts, and had only one visible. Then I copied the one with the blue text twice and dragged them across so that there was a blue-text between any 2 texts of the other colours. This gave me the 'popping' animation for the text. Now, I went back to the first frame, and made sure only the cloud-layer with noise=3, was visible. In the next, I put the cloud with noise=4...then the one with noise=5. The next frame (no. 4) again had noise=3. This way I continued till frame no. 6.

This way I achieved two different animations within the same no. of frames. For a good tag it always important that you engage the viewer, i.e. the one looking at the tag, should have something to see in every corner of the tag. BUT, this does not mean that every corner of the tags will have to be animated, you can also use textures, and background pics (here, the quill and the almost invisible white frame).

Hope this would help you guys. 😳
All questions welcome. 😳😳
Edited by rai-kishori. - 5 years ago
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Wow, this one's amazing.
I'll try it soon and let you know of queries.
Thanks a lot for all the efforts, ri!😳

PS : such whacky stuff is so witty!😆
Bheegi Billi haha!
Snow_kf thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow.. This is amazing.
Thanks for the tutorial.