Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Barunkidiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: DAPSG

Thank u so much for the detailed description of talaq.. It was very good..
But how and when instant TT came into picture, and as Zara said is there no say to women in instant TT to refuse or to fight against it so that she can secure the marriage without breaking when husband breaks it when he was angry or influenced into it..
Please if u aware about instant TT can u share here.. 😊

As per my knowledge, there are two types of Talaq i. e. Talaq al Sunnah which is based on the teachings of Prophet Muhammad and the other is Talaq-E-Biddah which means an innovative or deviated way to give Talaq.

Talking about Instant Talaq, it falls under Talaq-E-Biddah which is not in lines with the teachings of Prophet Muhammad. Instant Talaq was common in pre Islamic era where the Arabs used the marriage card to seek bodily pleasures and then dumped their wives by giving them Instant Talaq. Therefore, when Prophet Muhammad came to spread the message he curbed this evil practice.

According to a Hadith: One day a man came crying bitterly to Prophet Muhammad and said that he divorced his wife 3 times but was now guilty of his deed and wanted his wife back. To which Prophet Muhammad replied that his 3 Talaqs will be counted as one talaq only and that he can continue to live with his wife.

Coming to Talaq al Sunnah, it is further categorised as Talaq al Ahsan and Talaq al Hasan. Talaq al Hasan is the right way of giving Talaq as it is as per the Quranic procedure (the one which I mentioned above)

One should also note that Instant Talaq is banned in 22 major Islamic countries including Pakistan coz it is clearly against Quran and Hadith. Also it is condemned and largely disappoved by major Islamic scholars all around the world.

You can just say that men who give Triple Talaq are the ones who are religion illiterate and unaware about the sin they commit. And it is necessary for stringent laws to keep such leech men in check.