Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PehliDafaHai thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
The first in series: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone 
By J.K. Rowling 

My friend is adamant on making me read this popular series!!!
--Risha-- thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
Tris007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Risha--

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

I heard this one is pretty great. Feel free to give out a small review after you finish it!:D
--Risha-- thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
^^ I'm already done with it! It's actually a very small novella - about a 100 pages or so. You can finish it in a day or a few hours.

I liked it, but wasn't overwhelmingly amazing for me. But I think that simply has to do with the fact that the topic - the struggles of ordinary men and women during the Great Depression - was something I'm not in the mood for right now. If that kinda thing goes for you, read this one. 

It's a very heart-wrenching story in some ways, with themes like; survival of the fittest, lost hopes and dreams and the the predatory nature of human beings. Each character sorta represents a certain section of society. There's someone who feels useless because they're mentally retarded, because they're old, because they're a woman, because they're black, because they aren't "man" enough and so on. Ultimately, it's a story about how relationships are tested when survival/mental peace is at risk.

Do give it a read
Edited by --Risha-- - 5 years ago
Tris007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Risha--

^^ I'm already done with it! It's actually a very small novella - about a 100 pages or so. You can finish it in a day or a few hours.

I liked it, but wasn't overwhelmingly amazing for me. But I think that simply has to do with the fact that the topic - the struggles of ordinary men and women during the Great Depression - was something I'm not in the mood for right now. If that kinda thing goes for you, read this one. 

It's a very heart-wrenching story in some ways, with themes like; survival of the fittest, lost hopes and dreams and the the predatory nature of human beings. Each character sorta represents a certain section of society. There's someone who feels useless because they're mentally retarded, because they're old, because they're a woman, because they're black, because they aren't "man" enough and so on. Ultimately, it's a story about how relationships are tested when survival/mental peace is at risk.

Do give it a read

Oh yes! I remember 100 pages now!

Ha sounds like it's something for bunch of analysis and something I should be highlighting while reading ðŸ˜†

But of course will have to find a suitable mood for it like you just mentioned!

Thanks for the review though! Appreciated! : )
adeel.hussain thumbnail
Finished paper towns, just after reading the fault in our stars
now i'm having John Green marathon
Phenyl thumbnail
A court of thorns and roses by Sarah J Mass
Just started
Anam... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff