Posted: 3 years ago
[creative parenthesis]. i got it on kindle and it is a short book with different creative exercises that are easy to practice at any time, no matter where you are. it doesn't take long to do the exercises. i am reading and trying each one out. it is fun!
"Koi Good News?" by Zarreen Khan

Funny and relatable - even for unmarried, non-pregnant womenWink
Edited by --Risha-- - 3 years ago
A suitable boy by vikram seth it's quite lengthy but a good read 
'Strange the dreamer' from laini taylor. Totally engaging fantasy read.
Hello everyone, myself Priya! It's nice to see a book club here!
I am reading Midnight's children by Salman Rushdie rn! Loving it so far!
Hi Priya! How is the book? I'm so curious to read it since its banned here in Pakistan because of its supposed blasphemous matter LOL

Currently reading "Oscar Wilde" by Richard Ellmann. It's a biography on Wilde. 
Originally posted by --Risha--

Hi Priya! How is the book? I'm so curious to read it since its banned here in Pakistan because of its supposed blasphemous matter LOL

Currently reading "Oscar Wilde" by Richard Ellmann. It's a biography on Wilde. 
Hey! Midnight's Children is a really interesting book in my opinion! I'm loving the sarcasm and irony with which the author dealt with many historical moments, like partition, the formation of India as an independent country and many political revolutions that happened. However the story revolves mostly around its protagonist, Saleem Sinai and his life and there is only a sprinkle of India's political and social situation in it. But you can easily draw some parallelism between Saleem's life and the socio-political situation in India.
Imo the only negative point is that the narrative is way too slow and Rushdie literally lingers on every single detail of the protagonist's life, so the book might seem a little boring initially, also because it takes a lot of background narration for the actual protagonist to be introduced.
So overall it's a very interesting book, I'm really liking it, but it takes some patience to deal with it lol. And regarding the blasphemous content, well... yes. There is some. But it's all about the author's irony and it's kind of part of his writing style.

How is Wilde's biography? He had a pretty interesting life right? 
^I don't mind the blasphemous content; that only makes me want to read it more. LOL Sounds pretty interesting and I'm always interested to read pre-partition/partition stories and history. But I wanna read a physical copy which is almost impossible to get here LOL 

The biography is great; it's quite long and I have work on weekdays so I'm about 16% in (kindle approximate LOL), reaching the end of his life at Oxford - he's just beginning to divulge into his "unholy" side. LOL He was interested in turning Catholic for a long time (and which he eventually does, I guess). Was kinda surprised to discover he had such a long-standing desire to be Catholic. Who woulda thought? 

The stuff about his parents is amazing; his mother will come as quite a surprise - or not, seeing what Wilde was like. 

Looking to read some Kamila Shamsie, afterwards :)