Sameer-Naina OS:Love Is Not Easy

TereLiyeMINU thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Hello my dear forumwasis and besties!🤗 
Here I am with an OS.Don't know how it has turned out to be.
But jo bhi hai aapke samne hai.Read on.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stand as a carved piece of sculpture with fine jewelleries being knotted and tied to me.The long chain with a weak clasp sets lightly just above my sternum.The silver bangles clash with each other and let out the groan in beautiful melody.My Chachiji drapes the pallu above my upper body and exclaims at the fine work on anchal. Preeti is searching for the apt hair clip to clutch my unkempt hair locks.

I stand and watch all soaked in an ecstasy of preparations.Preparations for my  potential 'bride selection' ceremony.Taiji barges in and goes on with rehearsed speech of Do's' and Don'ts'.My mind barely registers anything and the nods do all the talking.While the world was full of all colours of a crayon box,my life seemed to be the black and white shading sketch.Nothing interested me in these celebrations any more.

"Naina!Just let Sudhir ask you the questions,don't cross question him. ''Taiji's tip went for a toss and my mind immediately compared how 'Sudhir' sounded so rhyming with 'Sameer'.But I knew Sudhir could only stir another storm in my life. He is already disqualified before the test.Was n't it enough reason for another blame-game in my family?I cared for this too much earlier..now I only pop some snacks watching all start post mortem of what went wrong.

Preeti blabbers something and I am dragged forcefully to Shefali's room.My family members are too upset about not so warm response about the proposal.Chachiji thought I was upset over the whole matter and hence allowed me and Preeti for a walk in the Rajshri park near the Shiv temple.Little did she know I was upset about something different altogether.

"Naina!Wear this immediately.Your guest is waiting.'' Shefali puts the burqa over me and I could not recognise myself.Well this had been the ritual since my 23rd birthday celebrations.No celebration was there but then wedding proposals kept under wraps, suppressed started flooding my life and time like volcanic eruptions and floods.And he was not here.Miles away juggling his responsibilities,pressures and loneliness.All I could do was hold the land phone and listen to his breath sounds.That has been my lullaby for 5 years and counting.

"Perfect!You look unrecognizable'' Preeti exclaimed at her handi -work.I smile and sigh at her excitement on meeting him and tell tales of me crying buckets and fainting twice.He knew all these but still would listen with great interest only to tease me later. He has returned back here to settle some legal issues.With Maa and  his step father at home,he chose the park to be apt place to meet and chart out our next endeavours.

"Jijaji!'' Preeti's voice was enough loud to turn few heads.Thankfully none were recognized faces.I lightly slap her on her upper arm for this super-excitedness. Crazy she is,she runs to him faster than me.When was I running?I was just walking with my emotions trotting. 

"So!Love birds.You have exactly 1 hour and 17 minutes to talk and romance.So don't waste time in keeping quiet.Your time starts now.Bye ''Preeti  turns into a referee and leaves us alone.If my intuitions are correct,she went to Swati s place.

"What's his name?'' He asked as he took my hand in his.

"Sudhir'' I replied with my eyes stinging from tears that were beginning to pool.

"What was the reason today?'' He asked very well knowing me inside and out.

"That I am now interested in tasting non-veg.I want to change my religion in future.So would he support me in this or not?'' I answered while he breaks into a fit of laughter.That grin on his face illuminated my whole soul.He definitely looks good when he smiles and laughs.

"So you shook the entire foundation of this proposal?Did Taiji ask him if you questioned him or not?'' He asked and I remembered how that Sudhir was a complete Mumma's boy.He gestured something and his mother immediately cooked up a weird reason to cancel the proposal.I was relieved and muttered Thank You' while Taiji felt that an apocalypse was about to fall on her.I was rejected for the 9th time and with no valid reason.Chachiji was shocked even that how could I smile and carry on my work like nothing happened.I am a little devil and she failed to recognize that.

"So..this one is over.Congratulations.What's next?''He asked now rubbing his calloused thumb over my veined wrist.I shiver from the sensation that skittered through me.He knows that well and loves teasing me. More with more intensity; driving me off the cliff of pleasures.

"Karvachauth's Vrat'' I shamelessly declare and he facepalms.I am not going for any redemption.He knows that and I have realized that.

"Have your food properly. Drink lots of water and have sufficient rest. I want to see you glowing in the next meet.''He speaks and his eyes travel to the  surroundings.

I smile because I knew he would never allow me to keep the fast.But I shall keep because..My mind stops working as I feel a quick peck on my cheeks.He is a despo and I love that possessiveness of him over me.I love everything about him.

"Its only a day's affair.I will be fine.'' I cajoled him finding him sulking over the fact of  fasting. We both look into each other's eyes and remembered the earlier times.How Taiji's cursing words were taken literally by me.

"Ab Nanda Vrat bhi  karegi to bhi isse uski pati nahin milne wali.O bai! Kya hoga is ladki ka? ''

'Nanda Vrat' is a powerful vrat that I could immediately fathom.But how to perform this?Whom to ask?

That day he had called in late hours of evening.All my family members had gone to attend a sangeet ceremony at the end of our  lane.Only Preeti was present  and had dozed off on dining table itself.

"Hello! Naina.I am at Benaras.Would you like me to take something from here for you? ''His voice falls into my ears and they are no more words..they turn into rhythms of a melody.But that day my years of Geography learning kicked in.I found my solution.

"Just ask the priest in Kashi Vishwanath temple how to perform Nanda vrat''.I spoke and he fell silent for few seconds.

"Is that what you want me take from here?''His voice had surprise and shock.I was firm this time.Nor his gentle rebukes or pampered cajoles can stir me away from performing this 'vrat'.

"Please this is in our interest.Please let me know.''I pleaded several times and finally he relented.I could hear the blowing of conches and ringing of temple bells at the background. The faith of both of us in our love somewhere were fuelled by divine spirts.And that has kept us going.

"Naina! No way you are going to perform this puja.'' I still remember his baritone voice with gruff over the receiver.

"I am not going to crematorium to bring the ashes but atlest can keep fast.'' I clarified as one of the ritual was to collect ashes from a crematorium. This was unacceptable to him.No way of reasoning could make sense to him.I had to step down and accept my defeat.

"No fasting even.You are having a full breakfast before going to college.No argument over this.'' He cleared his points and hung off.I was sad,angry and overall upset.Then I decided to follow my heart.I kept the fast.I am the little devil.He soon knew about it.

I spat the thermometer and it measured 102 degree Fahrenheit.I was running high fever.I was conscious and was drinking water.The world spun around me and things fell apart.A whole day fast without a single drop of water was enough news for him to not contact me for 6 days,14 hours,2minutes and 13 seconds to be precise. He is a little devil too.

"Naina!You better know what happened last time.You are no more a kid.'' He  withdraws his clasped finger from my fist and looks away. I have learnt his tricks very well by now .

"Kids do not keep fasts''. I said and cocked my eyebrows.He looked at me and smiled at my stubbornness.His smile is gentle like a ray of summer sunlight.He then touched my bare feet with his, sliding his toes over my foot  skin.I felt the electricity of his touch crackle over my skin and ricochet up my arms into the form of goose-bumps. It then melted into a buttery soft feeling that soaked into and filled my heart. That feeling was so awesome.

Sitting,nearly cuddling to each other and dazed we saw the glowing sun going down the horizon.The bonfire at distant sparks and dances with a glowing orange heat.

"Naina!Here is your coveted birthday gift.'' He speaks breaking the comforting silence.I knew what was the gift but could not wait to feel it in my hands.My most coveted gift.He passes me the wrapped packet.I tear it immediately not realising I was messing up the cleaned space of park.The border of photo frame peeps out from the edge of cardboard box teasing me.His gift packing is devilish too.

Meticulously crafted, this captivating frame adorned the photos of him and Nanaji.Nanaji was always with us in our prayers and spirits.Guiding us and giving us strength to endure the impending darkness.His memories are  fresh forever in both of our hearts.

I ran my fingers over the frame but didn't miss to see the tear drop that trickled down his eyes.He still missed him so much.

"Don't you want to get your return gift?'' I asked trying hard to divert his attention from the aching memory of his huge loss.Time never heals the wounds,it just buries them.

"Seems someone is well prepared in advance.He wipes the tears with the back of his hand. Smiling through the tears he extends his hand asking for his return' gift.

I saw Preeti entering the gate and coming towards us.The sun has set and its time to part.I hand  over the juice binded essay book to him.He looks at me with bewilderment.I shyly smile and got up to join Preeti.

"Page no.43'' I shouted.He smiles as the brainwave hit him.He looked into my eyes, the dark blue waters of his heart sparkling with starlight as he looked into mine.

He pulls out the embroidered handkerchief from the page of the book.With our initials stem stitched he took his own time to adore it.He secures it in his shirt pocket not before planting a searing kiss on it.I  gasped at the sudden surprise and giggled, absorbing the heat coming from his kiss.

The soft autumn air brushed my cheeks as I stood by the edge of park gate looking out over the crowded roads. The reds and oranges of the fall colours surrounded me  in brilliant glow of moonlight. There was a roar within us as we parted until the next meet.We have to take slow steps to glow like the moonlight drowning out the brightest stars.

Love rises with the tide and lives within the waves.Love is not easy.

----------------------------------------------------THE END--------------------------------------------------------

P.S:Thank you for reading😃 Would love to read all your feedbacks.😳

Edited by TereLiyeMINU - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

suhaaniladki thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
It was brilliant really loved it .   Could feel their longing for each other .you beautifully potrayed their emotions ... U r a great writer 
nonexisting thumbnail
Pehle toh mujhe sudhir name padkar lga ki yeh kati patang vala hai bd me pta chala koi or hai hehe
Btw lovely update jaise hi mere paas mail aayi ki u have updates an os i just opened the forum to read i love your writings they r so impactful and carry a lot of emotions 
reema1991 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This os is so soothing...I can't express in words...I could imagine every little detail while reading it...This is one of the best os of samaina i have ever read... Beautifully written❤️thanx for pm😊
WeRockTheWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Beautiful!! You have written it so eloquently . Loved it !! Loved it !! Loved it !!
GumnaamHaiKoii thumbnail
awesome.
At first I thought Samir is in coma and Naina is eluding Marriage .But I guess They are just taking there own sweet time till Samer gets settled..For I still wonder why doesnt he asks for her hand in marriage instead of escaping each time.

What so ever the matter is I loved the tinder small gestures of love.

Keep writing.
Phoenix100 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
This was so soothing minu... So emotional... Felt like crying... U r an amazing talent... Pls never stop writing dear...❤️
Sudhir  reminded me of sudip of kati patang😆... So samaina are in touch in this os... Good...  Naina using different ways to stop rishtas... Loved samaina park scene... Nanu is dead😭... Both remembers him fondly. "Time never heals the wounds,it just buries them"...this line was so emotional... Loved every bit of this. 
sweetylina thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Will you believe me if tell you I was very emotional at the end of the update.
Was eagerly waiting for this.
Thank you for completing this.
No words to describe this one.
SAMEER CRYING..WAS TOO MUCH FOR ME TO HANDLE.YOU MESSED MY EMOTIONAL BALANCE.
But its ok.
TIME NEVER HEALS THE WOUNDS JUST BURIES IT...BUT THIS SHOW JUST HAS MADE THE BURIED WOUNDS TO RESURFACE AGAIN...
Thanks for the update...I can sleep peacefully atleast..
Love you always and forever.

BushraN thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow! I really wish we get to see such kind of scenes if there is seperation
Anmol333 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Beautiful os minu 👏
Mixture of every emotions...
Naina na Kam badmash nhi hai.. kitne tarike apnati hai ladke bhagane ke liye
Haaye Preeti ke Jijaji 😳
Love was all over.. loved it alot.
Why Sameer don't go ahead and ask hand of naina.? 
Nanu 😭
Overall it's a beautiful os..