song suggestions for the contestants

shaztea thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi guys...
lets keep the forum active...
any song suggestions for the contestants?????

Mann ki lagan - Akthar Brothers
Jiya Dhadak dhadak - Brijwasi
Dilse - Zaid
Chand Chupa badal mein - Vishnumaya

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lissa007 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi
Nice idea. I feel like most of the contestants are singing same kind of songs and staying in their comfort zone so I would really like to hear something completly different from them.

Mamta- she has a very strong and loud voice so she also sings that way. I'd love to listen to something softer and slower. Maybe something along the lines of Sawar Loon. 

Rohanpreet - he is the complete opposite. He sings these long romantic balades which I am personally not a fan of. So i'd really like to hear something more fast and not so romantic. 

Aman- same with him. Something more fast please. 

Zaid- he sings mostly sufi type of songs which I love but again would like to hear something more modern and bollywood from him. I think he has the perfect voice for it. 

Vishnumaya - she proved her versatility last week by singing the cheeky song Hawa Hawai. Maybe she could also sing something more modern this week. 

Hemant- I'd love to hear something like Laal Ishq or Ayaat from him because these are some very difficult songs and he could do justice to them. 

Akthar Bros- they are quite versatile i have to say but sometimes they fail to fully impress me so would love hear something from them that touches my heart.

What do you guys think? ðŸ˜›

behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Even I think contestants are in comfort zone.. they need to give themes lyk party/Wedding ...
1) Rohanpreet - Let's naacho or any other party song
2) Vishnumaya - She is versatile but still I want her to sing heer from jab tak hai jaan
3) Akhtar Brothers - Sandese Aate hai border
4) Hemant - Bang bang title song
5) Zaid - Humsafar from badri ki dulhania
6) Mamta - Touch me touch me from race..
BangBang_Shilpa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
 Rohanpreet -  Teri Galiyan
 Vishnumaya - Bol do na zara

Doctor - Angel ðŸ¤£

Edited by BangBang_Shilpa - 6 years ago
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Zaid- mitwa
Vishnumaya- kehna hi kya
Akhtar brothers - dhan te nan
Hemant- something peppy like high heels or something
Shashank - humma humma
Doctor - saiyaan (Kailash Kher)
Aman - dil se
Jaya - mere mehboob qayamat
Rohanpreet - dil dhoondhta hai
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~Raina~

Zaid- mitwa
Vishnumaya- kehna hi kya
Akhtar brothers - dhan te nan
Hemant- something peppy like high heels or something
Shashank - humma humma
Doctor - saiyaan (Kailash Kher)
Aman - dil se
Jaya - mere mehboob qayamat
Rohanpreet - dil dhoondhta hai

@Raina - Vishnumaya sang this song in one the earlier rounds. Looks like you've gauged her style pretty well ðŸ˜Š
LizzieBennet thumbnail
This is hard for me since I can never recall enough of today's songs to make educated suggestions. So I'm going to suggest 2 songs per contestant - one golden oldie and one contemporary. 

1. Rohanpreet: I want him to do a fast-paced rock-n-rollish number.

Jaan pehchaan ho / Oh humdum suniyo re

2. Jaya: Something boisterous that makes use of full, expanded vocals

Raat akeli hai/ Hui main mast

3. Mamta : She's been doing folksy stuff suited to her voice. I'd like her to do something soft and romantic.

Aaj kal paon zameen par/ Chupke se (Saathiya)

4. Vishnumaya : A gazal! Or a folk song!

Dil cheez kya hai/ Namak ishq ka

Not sure if the lyrics of "namak" are appropriate for a 12 yr old but i think no one cares about this stuff in reality shows. 

5. Harmony Chorus : They've been doing interesting mash-ups but they've been mostly peppy numbers. Perhaps they could try something slow? I would love for them to do the "Hum kisise kum nahi" medley - Chand mera dil/ Aa dil kya/ Tum kya Jaano/ Mil gaya
Or a qawwali - Khwaja mere Khwaja.

6. Akhtar Brothers: I want them to do a modern, Western rock song. They will rock the harmonies! Or a comedy song.

Ek Chatur naar  / Dhan te nan

7. Zaid Ali: He's also been doing mostly Sufi-ish songs and has a powerful upper vocal range. Maybe he could try something more subdued in lower pitches?

Mere deewanepan ki bhi / Ae Ajnabi (Dil se)

8. Shashank:   Aanewala Pal   / Kholo Kholo (Taare Zameen par)

9. Dr Sudeep: I think he needs to play to his strengths, versatility is not for him! ðŸ˜³. That said, I'm not sure what his strengths are! ðŸ˜ƒ

Dekha na haye re / Ye taara woh taara (Swades)

10. Afreen group: They ramp up every song and sing everything in the same pace . I want them to do a slower song or a modern pop song

Parde mein rehne do / Aashayein (Iqbal)

11. Aman: Anything as long as he doesn't choke ðŸ˜†. Maybe he should do peppy songs that are fast paced so he won't have time to think, and forget the lyrics in the interludes.

Eena meena deeka / Senorita 

12. Hemant : No more classical songs from him. Let's hear a western tune. Lighten up, dude!

Zindagi Khwab hai  / Saathiya (Title song)

Most of these suggestions are to test the versatility of the contestants though I don't think the intent of the show is to do that at all.😛

Edited by LizzieBennett - 6 years ago
altgr thumbnail
Great choices...Edited by altgr - 6 years ago
altgr thumbnail
I will keep posting in this thread.

Vishnumaya - Salaam - Alka Yagnik (Umrao Jaan), Barso Re Megha, Deewani Mastani

Rohanpreet - Tere Naam, Tu Jaane Na

Hemant - Tu Mila De by Sonu Nigam, Ban Ja Tu Meri Rani

Zaid - Dulhe Ka Sehra, Jag Ghoomeya

Akhtar Brothers - Laagi Tumse Mann Ki Lagan, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom

Jaya - Ye Dil Tum Bin, Aisa Lagta Hai
jenny156 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I just want Rohan and Hemant to interchange their genres.. Rohan should sing a peppy number and Hemant a romantic ballad.. Rohan used to be extremely good in fast numbers as a kid, even in the promotion of this show during bigg boss finale, he was the one leading the group in singing Aahun aahun.. And he sounded the best in the lot.. Don't know why he is singing these romantic numbers now, he needs to show his versatility.. Hemant on the other hand used to sing the same style of songs even as a kid.. It just feels like a grown up version of him now.. I want him to sing soft numbers now..

This is true everyone is in their comfort zone that is why the show is doing well.. Just like Srgmp Lil Champs which was at its peak in the initial episodes when all the contestants used to sing in their comfort zone.. It has been a while now the contestants seem to be settled in the show, after the tough rounds of auditions.. Now they need to try songs out of their comfort zone.. The two kids Zaid and Vishnumaya I feel are an overall package with both versatility and talent.
Edited by jenny156 - 6 years ago