Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maha15 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Whatver is there... it is there family problem...we dont know who is who and what is what..

BUT bigger question is this internet  faceless coward posisonus thinking...But then they will never change...SO just on there face ...dont disturb them ...they want to reach there goal...lage raho spreading negativity.🥳👏
CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: frosty

I had read an article in 1996 or 1997 where the make up artist or assistant was quoted as saying that Sridevi was innocent and did not know she was pregnant. She thought a tumor in her tummy and was terrified when she felt the baby move because she thought she was going to die. Basically implying that Sri was innocent and did not cheat Mona. I was fairly young then and even then my first thought was what did Sri think Boney was doing to her? Giving her intravenous medicine??

🤣

This takes the cake

Is there any excuse for missing periods?  May be she was so naive and innocent who had no idea about menstruation cycle?

30+ woman had no idea about her pregnancy till baby movement started is just amazing. 😆

Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Indiaphorum

Sri going for Mithun and then Boney is shady tbh and every other actress in Bollywood too.. what is so attractive about married men when they can get much younger, hotter rich dudes? 

mithun's  wife was no saint. She was 3rd wife of kishore kumar. 😆
Ratikal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meherya123

mithun's  wife was no saint. She was 3rd wife of kishore kumar. 😆

I am talking in general about Bolly actresses. 
Edited by Indiaphorum - 6 years ago
pallavi25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRager

I have read this story too. Also it was told among her SI fans that Sridevi's aunt saw her and told her she was expecting. Then she told Boney and they eloped to Tirupati to marry. I don't know why some people are claiming Mona was a shrew. Actually her mom was domineering but Mona was the homely type. She was liked by her in-laws who supported her over Sridevi. It took many years for Sridevi's in-laws to accept her as they didn't want to hurt Mona. But eventually Mona realized Boney isn't returning so she took a step back though Boney and she remained married as a sort of compromise for her kids. Mona was loved in the film industry a lot. Can't imagine would like a shrew.

Yes, it was Sattie Shourie who was the shrew, she was a very dominating, formidable woman, an influential socialite and a film producer. 
Mona was easygoing, well-liked by industry people and her in-laws supported her when Boney left her for Sridevi.

This article by Shobha De when Mona passed away seems so ironic now:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/spotlight/Spare-a-thought-for-Sridevi-/articleshow/12531817.cms

I didn't know Mona Kapoor. Even though, as a young girl, she lived in the same South Mumbai complex as I do, and in which her mother, the formidable Sattee Shourie, owned a flat .

I was away in Muscat when Mona died, and got to hear of it through mutual friends who had attended her funeral. Later, I scanned media coverage of the multiple functions that followed Mona's passing away, and found one person missing from the images: Sridevi.

The other mourners in impeccable designer whites may or may not have been Mona's close friends. Nearly every celeb covered by the media was present for someone else, not for Mona. They were there as acquaintances of the Kapoor clan. Some were Anil Kapoor's old associates, others, part of Boney's (Mona's husband) or Sanjay's circle. Then there was the younger lot, cousins and buddies of Mona and Boney's two children. There were no pictures of Jahnavi and Khushi, Sridevi and Boney's daughters. And my heart went out to Sridevi. What a position to be in, after spending so many years of her life living with Boney (since June '96), and giving birth to two daughters. Yet, when tragedy struck, there was no place or position for the other woman' in that very public space in which Boney was featured as a grieving widower.

Clearly, Mona was a much adored and popular person, judging from the outpouring of love for her even from virtual friends who knew her from just from her Twitter handle and frequent tweets, including the rather grim final one in which she bravely confronted her condition and imminent death. Mona must have been an extraordinarily courageous, dignified and strong woman. May her soul find peace. In terms of timing, it's sad that she didn't live to see her son's movie debut. And that his first media exposure happened under tragic circumstances at his beloved mother's funeral. What now? Sridevi will be seen in her major comeback film fairly soon, an ambitious and risky project that her countless devoted fans are looking forward to. Boney has also landed himself a cushy job with Sahara. And yet, Bollywood watchers are still in a bit of a quandary wondering how to respond to Sridevi once the rituals and mourning period for Mona are over. Should they offer condolences? Make no reference to the unfortunate death in the family? Pretend nothing has happened?

What will Boney do? Make it legal and officially marry Sridevi, the lady he has shared his life with for 16 years? Will Sridevi's long cherished dream of being recognised by all, family included, as "Mrs Boney Kapoor, finally come true? Sure, it's complicated. But these are just a few realities of modern life, not restricted to Bollywood. There are several similar situations in urban society. It is just that for Boney and Sridevi, being Bollywood personalities, the spotlight and speculation are hard to avoid. There are no road maps in delicate scenarios like this one. What should Sri have done? Stayed away or turned up? What was going through her mind and heart as she and her young daughters followed the coverage (assuming they watched it?). How will she deal with the public scrutiny and intrusive questions when she does step out with Boney next? Tough. Mona has left for a better place. But Sridevi is very much around. A little sensitivity directed her way wouldn't hurt.

Views expressed by columnists are their own, and not that of the paper)

Share to Twitter
Edited by pallavi25 - 6 years ago
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
My memory is mona said in a interview that boney offered her that he will live with shri devi for 4 days and with hers for 3 days  she found it humilating , walked out of marriage and started her buisness . 
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: crazygul

My memory is mona said in a interview that boney offered her that he will live with shri devi for 4 days and with hers for 3 days  she found it humilating , walked out of marriage and started her buisness . 

if it was me in the place of mona...i would have slapped the scum
is this some kind of job shifts 4 days work...3 days off...3 days work...4 days off..7 days work but different sectors...for god sake there are kids involved in it...
Edited by Mages - 6 years ago
pallavi25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: crazygul

That is really disgusting 🤢 Boney is/was such a scumbag!
Great that Mona kicked him out of her life and led the rest of her life in dignity and independantly. 
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Sharing an article where sattie shourie and boney are mentioned. http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/my-first-break-chandra-barot/article3631520.ece
MeDhakkanHu thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Read somewhere Jhanvi started following Anshula after this post