'Miss Matched' FF~Naina & Sameer (New Update, Part VII on Page 23

varshad thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi All,
Happy Holi everyone. I feel the show is written and enacted so fabulously that I can't imagine it better in the current track so here I'm imagining our rocking Naina and Sameer later in their college years. I kind of imagined the rest of the family too πŸ˜‰ and introduced imaginary character/s. It is my second attempt at Fan Fiction. Hope you all like it. Thank you.

The index of all the Parts I-V is listed below:
  • Part I and Part II -Page 1,
  • Part III - Page 5  
  • Part IV - Page 8
  • Part V - Page 12
  • Part VI - Page 16
  • Part VII - Page 23
Part I

Twenty one year old Naina, a fresh commerce graduate of Christchurch College, excitedly strode inside the Maheshwari mansion adjacent to her much simpler house. 

Gosh it's mind blowing!' ambling through the driveway, she reflected for the millionth time. 

Surrounded on either side by lush, green beautifully landscaped gardens, lolled the majestic house. The two-story spread was impeccably white in colour, its exterior shaped befittingly like a Rajasthani palace. Adding to the grandeur, a lofty several-tiered fountain sat at the entrance.

The Maheshwaris had flocked to Ahmedabad only a couple of years ago. Several properties next to the Naina's Colony were bought, consolidated and in the next ten or twelve months, an army of workers, similar to the ones employed by Shah Jahan, had constructed the grand abode. The palatial house boasted of tennis and basketball courts, Japanese gardens, two swimming pools outdoor and indoor, a state of the art gym, a media room, ten bedrooms and god knows how many bathrooms. 

The Maheshwaris were quickly becoming an essential part of Naina's life. Her Taiji and Chacha both worked for Sri Jai Prakash  Maheshwari the Pharma King.  Impressed by Naina's intelligence and simple ways the entire family was very fond of her. Senior Maheshwari insisted Naina address him as Nanaji. Nanaji lived with his daughter Vishakha Maheshwari  her second husband Sandeep and their older son Rohit and his wife Seema. 

The only person from the Maheshwari family, Naina had never met was Sameer Maheshwari, the younger scion studying in America. Having completed his MBA, Sameer had finally come to live with his parents and join the family business.  

Yesterday, due to a close friend's wedding, Naina could not attend the lavish bash the Maheshwaris had thrown to celebrate Sameer's homecoming.  Almost all the city hotels and available farmhouses, legal or illegal, had been reserved to house the who's who of the country and outside, in attendance for last nights' shindig.  

Since morning, Naina's family and Colony people's praise coupled with Nannaji's call had persuaded Naina to overcome her shyness and show up to meet the man'.

Naina waited in the humongous living room as one of the servants rushed to fetch Vishakha. From the arched, stain glass windows of the living room, she could spy several workers milling about in the lawns, cleaning up after last night's revelry. Party for some pain for others!' she declared softly.

Who are you?' questioned a deep voice, echoing in the otherwise silent room.

Naina got startled, and whirled around to see where this voice was coming from. She immediately recognised who stood in front of her. No sillies! No past-birth memories like in Karz or Karrrzzz (did I miss a Z?)! Naina recognised Sameer Maheshwari from his photographs. 

Sameer was taller in person, definitely six feet or more. The first thing she noticed was his dark hair. Long in front and falling to the side of his forehead. His black pupils framed with long curling eyelashes, studied her with no hint of recognition. After all, Naina was no Paris Hilton or a child successfully rescued from a borewell. Sameer's face cradled a wide forehead, a Greek nose, and a sensual mouth with a hint of dimples in his chiselled cheeks. His broad shoulders and lean body, was clad in a white, probably ridiculously priced, designer T-shirt, dark blue jeans and tan shoes.  Sameer Maheshwari loomed large as an epitome of oozing masculinity.

You are Sameer, right?' Naina stuttered, blushing furiously. 

And you are about to faint?' Sameer mocked, in a deep and cultured baritone. His eyes crinkled at the ends and his dimples deepened. 

Humour served in arrogance, a typical trademark of children brought up by the philosophy: Spare the child and break the rod or better still, sell it to the raddiwala. Naina's expression awkward, she asked, What do you mean?' 

Your face is redder than a beet root.' 

The snub definitely ruffled, more than imaginary feathers. Were you pursuing a MBA or a cookery course?' 

For a moment, Sameer's eyes narrowed and then he burst out in a full-throated laugh. At the sound, Naina felt like curling her toes.

Okay, Ms Smarty Pants, introduce yourself.' 

Naina . . . Naina Agarwal,' she answered lifting her chin, unconsciously defiant. 

So you are Naina? My family's adopted daughter.' A thorough gaze sized her up from head to toe.  Sameer liked what he saw . . .who wouldn't? 

Almond shaped eyes perfectly sized, with a pert nose trailed by pouty pink lips, sat pretty in a heart shaped fair face. Bereft of any make up, Naina appeared to be a tall teenager, except, her body was that of woman. Her curves, clearly visible in simple powder pink and silver colored T-shirt and boot cut jeans. 

Sameer's amusement grew, as he noticed Naina's flush become more pronounced, at his minute inspection. My stares are actually making her uncomfortable, he thought, surprised. In the circles, Sameer moved there was not one woman, married or single, who would not botox or lipo herself to her very bones just to emerge good enough to catch his eye. But Naina, discomfited to the core, literally hopped from one foot to another.

Naina, experienced strange tingles, as Sameer's eyes freely roamed over her. Even though thoroughly covered, she felt completely exposed. To break the eye contact, Naina abruptly swung her face away, bringing the wow' feature to his notice. 

Sameer, riveted, gazed at the poker straight, shiny black tresses, cascading down the shoulders, ending at the waist. Ms Dimple Kapadia and Demi Moore, your days are numbered! His hands twitched to touch the black velvet.

So you've met Naina?' Seema, Sameer's sister-in-law's voice broke the moment.

Think she is about to faint.' Sameer teased enjoying the anger that flitted on Naina's face.

You obviously need glasses.' Naina retorted and then blushed some more because of the surprised look on Seema's face. Everyone including Naina could write books about Naina's calm demeanour.

What is wrong with me? It is all this Sameer Maheshwari's fault. Yeh wapas kyon aaya? Naina pasted a smile on her face and focused on Seema Bhabhi determined to ignore Sameer.

You think something is wrong with my eyes. May you should check them closely.' Sameer sauntered towards Naina, his expression. Only Naini could see the twinkle in his onyx eyes as he walked toward her.

What? No.' Naina took a step back. Her panicky eyes found Seema's amused gaze.

Seema quickly spoke even as she gave them a closer look.  Naina maa is looking for you. She is in her room.' 

Thanks Bhabhi,' Naina murmured, quickly climbing the marble stairway fleeing away as gracefully as she could.  Who dare say T-Rex's are extinct?

Seema waited for Naina to disappear on the first floor. She turned to her bother in law. So what do you think of Naina?' 

Surprisingly, quite attractive and not my type at all.' Sameer grinned even stared at the top of the stairs where Naina had disappeared.

Attractive and not your type? That doesn't make any sense, dear brother-in-law.'  Sameer did have a certain reputation with women.  

Dear sister-in-law, I like my women a lot more polished and sophisticated. My woman has to be the strong, independent kind, who sees my shoulder as something to rub against, rather than something to cry or lean on.' Sameer flopped onto the adjoining sofa. A full-scale, head-to-head offensive was unleashed; Seema's head versus his. 

That's it! An Amazon is your ideal woman?' Seema retorted.

No Bhabi I want a sophisticated and intelligent girl. No gaon ki gori types.' Sameer grinned.

Really and looks don't matter to you Dewarji?' Seems sneered.

Sameer shook his head. She has to be nice to look at, but not necessarily a Gisele Bunched. The way she carries herself and the way she speaks and thinks is much more important.  She has to be what you see is what you get kind of gal! My qualifications and interests should thrill her more than my money.'

That doesn't sound bad at all? But what if, she has had prior relationships? A colourful past . . . like someone in our family, like someone I'm talking to?' Seema's face danced with mischief.

Sameer shrugged, Her past is only the past; with absolutely no bearing on the present. I won't share her with anyone, but I am not interested in fighting ghosts.'  

Well, well not an MCP after all? Miracles never cease!' Seema said. 

Smiling, Sameer continued, There is more. I am not looking for the jeans clad, English talking, gharulu kinds. Lassi served in a wine glass, is still lassi. There should be no lies, no mind games and no excessive vanity. And unequivocally, she cannot be a gauche teenager who wears sneakers in the middle of the day!' The last part was a dig at Naina's sport shoes. 

Oh c'mon, Naina is damn sweet and extremely nice,' Seema defended, And why are you so anal about women wearing sneakers?' 

You can't stand Bhai in transparent shirts and you yourself avoid certain colours. Similarly a woman in sneakers totally puts me off, except when she is exercising.' Sameer's eccentricity made complete sense to him. 

You are crazy! Naina is the best.' 

Eh tu brutus!' 

Seema gave him a confounded look.

You too are a part of Naina fan club? Weren't mom and Nanaji not enough?' 

Your Bhai is a part of it too,' smirking, Seema shot back.

Well then I bid adieu to all you crazy people.' Standing up, Sameer, dramatically, clasped his head.

Where are you off to?' Seema inquired. 

To meet my new conquest of course! I shall not be back for lunch,' Sameer announced over his shoulder. He headed for the pristine, brand new, royal blue Mercedes , a gift from his Nanaji, for completing his masters from Wharton with excellence. One of his Nananji's cardinal rules gifts are big, only, if the endeavour and results exceed expectations. Only a few knew that Sameer, a meritorious student, could have accomplished a large chunk of his education through scholarships, but chose to pay, so someone not equally fortunate, could score a seat.

Sameer hid his humility with contrived arrogance. Humility was a concept better understood by the middle-class or Indian reality show winners. His friends only got' gizmos and complexes the ones you live with or live in. One thing Sameer had picked up from his Nanaji at a very young age was success frees you to be yourself. And success is not inherited, it is achieved. Sameer was just bidding his time and turn. Time and turn, to co-manage the Maheshwari Empire.

Reversing out of the large iron wrought gates, Sameer's head was full of a pair of almond shaped eyes, flushed cheeks and raven hair, instead of his glamorous date: A socialite from out of town, he had just bumped into yesterday.

The subject of Sameer's thoughts was thinking of him, too, but not as favourably. Opinionated jackass!' grumbled Naina, crossly. 

Even though Seema and Sameer had been conversing softly, Naina the beagle' as called by her Arjun Bhaiya, had overheard every single word spoken between them.

Sameer Maheshwari who cares what you think? Unpolished, gauche, my foot! He probably thinks he's god's gift to women . . . Preeti and I will show him!' declared Naina, her usually pleasant expression, marred by a severe scowl. Preeti, her cousin, was spirited and feisty soul one who whole Ahemdabad wouldn't dare to mess with. Preeti was only scared of two things ghosts and their Taiji. Even the ghosts were scared of Taiji.

Naina what happened? Why are you sitting on the floor and why are you looking so angry?' questioned Vishakha, emerging from her room.

Quickly, Naina altered her frown to a smile and shot to her feet. I just thought I dropped my earing. Everything is fine and it shall only get better, Aunty.' Gazing at her sneakers, Naina's eyes sparkled with much malice, like the baddies of old movies. 

Did you meet Sameer?' Vishakha inquired. 

Yup, he was on his way out somewhere.' 

And what do you think?' Vishakha probed. 

Naina's honest response would go something like this, Bada bhagwan, chota shaitan.' Therefore, out of affection for the Maheshwaris, her lips remained interlocked as the brain put forth few more suggestions. Different!' was all she could spit out.

Vishakha chuckled. I know Sameer is a little spoilt, but his heart and head is in the right place. I am sure he will grow on you.' 

Like a bloodsucking parasite, Naina silently derided. Bhabhi said you were looking for me?' She changed the topic.

Oh yes!  I just received some saris and suit materials from Calcutta, beautiful kantha work. Help me choose for myself and yourself .' 

Aunty please, you have given us way too many things already,' Naina protested.

You can never say no to me understand?' ordered the older woman, affectionately. We all missed you at the party yesterday,' Vishakha said, launching into an immediate discourse about the last night's party.

Edited by varshad - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varshad thumbnail

Hi All,

Thank you for all liking my earlier FF πŸ˜†. Here's the second meeting of the amazing duo β€οΈ. I have tweaked and adapted some of my earlier writings.  Hopefully they can match to some degree the sweet sizzle and the fun  of our awesome show. Sincerely hope you all like it. Thank you for reading. And please keep those comments coming. πŸ˜Š

Part II

After helping Vishakha choose the sarees, Naina rushed home.She bumped into her father Rakesh Agarwal.

Where were you? You forgot to serve Arjun his breakfast, he had to go for job interview.' Her father voice matched his irritated expression.

I send Naina to meet Maheshwariji's grandson.' Naina's Taiyaji answered for her. He had called asking for her.'

Ab kal hi toh party mein gaye the? What is all this nonsense? Seems like god has come to live in our area. Rich people and their natak.' Rakesh muttered even as he pushed his feet in his shoes.

Did Bhaiya leave?' Naina asked.

What else? He is not as irresponsible as you. Silly girl.' Rakesh left the house heading for college. His expression always seemed like he was chewing on a bitter gourd.

Milli Sameer se?' Bela chachi, Naina's younger aunt, asked as she wiped the dining table.

Ya I met him. Saardu!' Naina muttered under her breath. 

He is nice.. Ameerica returned but he still speaks Hindi.' Bela praised going into the kitchen.

Every Indian should know how to speak their mother tongue.' Bela's husband, Anand joined them. He was dressed to go to work. Right Naina?' He placed an affectionate hand on Naina's head.

Absolutely Chachaji. Where is Preeti?' 

Probably in her room. No college today?' Taiyaji asked.

Not today Taiyaji.' Naina replied even as she headed in the room she and Preeti shared.

Eh maharani ruko.' 

Naina grimaced and stopped. It was her Taiji. It was like Hitler was reborn except in this birth he wore a sari, had a never ending arsenal of taunts and was married to Naina's older Uncle.

Yes Taiji.' 

College ki chutti hogi but I never get a day off. So you both have to help me. There are ten thousand things to do.'

Ji! I'll get Preeti.' Naina nodded. I'll be right back.' 

Naina found Preeti spot jogging, a pair of headphones stuck in her ears. Naina pulled them out.

"What ya Naina. I have to exercise. Not all of us are blessed with your figure or your hair. Some of us have to work for it.'

Naina raised a brow. Really yesterday you are had two helpings of chocolate ice cream at dinner and ate four pieces of peda. Eat less sweets Preeti.'

Preeti exhaled noisily. Like I said not all of us can be like you.'

Listen get ready we have to go shopping.'

For?' Preeti coiled her headphones neatly.

For shoes!'

Ohhh fun. I really want those silver Manolo Blahnik sandals I saw in the mall last week.' Preeti made face. Wish I had the money to buy those.' A naughty smile shone on her face. Maybe your Vishakha Aunty can get them for me.'

Pagal hai kya!' Naina frowned and flashed a wicked smile of her own. We are not going to the mall. We are going to a shop in the Arya Nagar area.'

Preeti shook her head. Naina my dear sister we never buy from there. Those shops are cheap and jhatak.' 

Naina winked at her. But what if I'm buying for someone cheap and jhatak.'

Preeti scratched her chin. Taiji ke birthday is still six months away.'

Next day, the Maheshwari clan, including Sameer, sat at the dining table and were about to begin breakfast. Naina traipsed in, a smile on her face. 

Sameer instantly was lost to the smile. In his eyes, it vaulted her from beautiful to stunning. 

Unaware of his complimentary thoughts, Naina briefly and disdainfully glanced at him. 

Sameer grinning, wickedly thought, I know how to get you!' Catching Naina's eye, his eyes at a leisurely pace, travelled all over her. Within seconds, a tell-tale blush crept up Naina's cheeks. 

What would happen if I were to actually touch her?' The unbidden thought shot to his mind. Sameer immediately quelled it. Naina was not his type. Moreover, god forbid, if I ever harm a hair on that lovely head, my own family will plunge the knife in my heart. Nanu and Bhaiya will probably toss a coin, to see who gets the first stab,' he whispered to his libido. 

Gaanda aadmi!' Naina thought. Today she had adorned a loose T-shirt and baggy jeans, yet Sameer's intimate examination made her want to pull burlap sack over her head. Naina resisted the urge to tug at her clothes.

What good timing Naina, come join us for breakfast,' Nanu warmly invited. 

Thank you Nanaji but I just ate. I only came to give you these. My notes are scribbled alongside the articles.' Naina handed him some loose papers.

What are those?' Sameer quizzed.

These are the articles for our annual magazine which I had asked Naina to proofread,' his grandfather replied.

She is an experienced proofreader or maybe a qualified editor?' Sameer inquired. Naina did not miss the veiled sarcasm.

Naina is extremely creative and multi talented. You should go through corporate brochure and catalogue of our company. Page by page, line by line, it was all her work,' Nanaji praised.

Yes that was done very well indeed,'  Sameer's brother agreed taking a gulp of the juice next to him. 

Naina is awesome!' Seema mouthed, pointedly looking at Sameer. 

Sameer had seen the brochure under discussion. That was quite neat, he thought. However, he did not say it.

Please . . .  that was no big D. You all guided me through it.' Naina was more at ease being the backbencher, unnoticed, invisible.

Naina beta, if you want to rise in life, learn to take praise as well as the brickbats for your work,' Nanaji advised. Sameer and his brother slyly rolled their eyes. Their grandfather's penchant for dropping such pearls of wisdom was a great source of sneaky amusement for his grandsons

Naina nodded, solemnly, absorbing Nanaji's words. Sameer on seeing her serious expression hid a wry grin. 

Naina good you are here. How would you like your eggs?' inquired Vishakha, emerging from the kitchen, followed by two servants carrying trays laden with breakfast. It was a tradition at the Maheshwari household, to prepare a variety of dishes at each meal, irrelevant of the people at the table. 

They are probably making up for the drought forever present, in some part of the world, Naina silently mocked, as she declined the invitation, No thank you Aunty I just ate.' 

Then sit and have a cup of coffee with us,' Vishakha directed, pointing at the empty chair next to Sameer, who accordingly pulled it out for her.

Sure!' Naina slid into the offered chair, purposely, stepping hard on Sameer's foot. Oh! I'm so sorry.' 

No harm done,' Sameer responded, trying to ignore the throbbing toe.

Are you sure? The sole of my sneakers is very hard.' 

Seema took a large swig of her coffee; Sameer immediately glanced at Naina's feet.

Good god!' Sameer scowled; today Naina's sneakers were gigantic. A thick layer of dried mud, caked on either side. What he did not know was that the ghastly, oversized, and psychedelic sneakers were bought yesterday. The mud zealously applied and dried overnight with a hairdryer.

Aren't they nice?' asked Naina, modeling her foot solely for Sameer's viewing displeasure.

Sameer could not keep the sneer out of his voice, Don't you have any other footwear except sneakers? What are you . . . one of the William sisters?' 

Bingo! Naina clamped her lips tightly, holding on to the fake injured expression, hovering on her face.  

Vishakha immediately censured, Sameer that is not for you to say!' 

Yes your mother is right. Don't tell Naina what or what not to wear. Remember, your own yellow dungarees? Or those tight pink pants, which you lived in?'  His brother too, rose in Naina's defense.

A dull red covered Sameer's face, as he shot back, The dungarees were cream. And the maroon, not pink pants was something that mom got for me from one of the trips she went on.' 

Just when Sameer assumed the worse was over, his mother confessed, Sameer I didn't say anything then as you really liked them but those pink pants from Harrods were actually a gift for Sonia bua's elder daughter. She was quite plump at that time.'

For a second there was complete silence and then Nanaji guffawed, his laugh loud and booming. His brother followed suit and so did Seema and Naina. The muscle working in Sameer's jaw, only increased the mirth, overflowing, on the dining table.

This is way better . . . I practically lost control of my bladder, Naina reflected, wiping her eyes with the back of her hands. However, she could do nothing about the wide smile; it refused to budge from her face

Thanks Mom!' Sameer glowered at Vishakha. 

What did I do?' Vishakha replied in all innocence, trying to bite down her broadening grin.

Very funny!' Sameer made a move to get up, his appetite gone. 

Naina leaning closer, whispered, Much unpolished and what was that word . . . gauche of you to wear women's clothing.' 

Instantly, Sameer realized that Naina had overheard his chatter with Seema yesterday. Now Naina, had taken this to another level, and Sameer sure as hell was not the kind to turn the other cheek. You little brat, apologize right away and I might forgive you.' Sameer offered her a last chance of escape. 

At Sameer's look, Naina felt a strange sense of excitement rush through her veins. Her face, like the rest of her body tingled. Tossing, the glorious mane over her shoulder, she challengingly scoffed, Apologize? You must be out of your mind. This time you've messed with the wrong girl!'

The intention was not to mess, Naina Agarwal. But now I promise . . . you shall be thoroughly messed with!' Sameer softly declared with a glint in his eyes. They both stared at each other, unable to look away

Oddly breathless, Naina stuttered a hushed, Bring it on!' Using every ounce of will power, she managed to glance away, breaking the hypnotic effect of the enemy's eyes. 

The others at the table had stopped laughing. All their attention fixed on Naina and Sameer, as they could not hear the soft exchange going on between the two.

I'm done!' Sameer got to his feet. 

I'll be off. Preeti is waiting for me,' Naina said.  The two headed in opposite directions, both experiencing a sudden need to get away from the other.

Damn! What was I thinking? I almost kissed a millennium behenji and that too in front of everyone,' Sameer breathed, shutting himself in the bathroom. On second thoughts, cancel the kiss. I wanted to shake her! I will do exactly that the next time she comes around,' Sameer promised his reflection, as he adjusted his shirt and something else. Women only fidget with their hair that much, and dogs with their tails.

It's only the absolute joy of victory that is making my heart gallop like a horse on steroids,' Naina muttered, speedily exiting the Sarin household.

MSK04 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely...!! πŸ˜Š
Thank you for putting in the effort to combine the posts... πŸ˜Š And it's a very nice name... This is one more story I am going to read again and again... for the story as well as your writing style... πŸ‘πŸ‘

Keep bringing it on... πŸ˜³
varshad thumbnail

Originally posted by: moumita04

Lovely...!! πŸ˜Š

Thank you for putting in the effort to combine the posts... πŸ˜Š And it's a very nice name... This is one more story I am going to read again and again... for the story as well as your writing style... πŸ‘πŸ‘

Keep bringing it on... πŸ˜³

U r too kind Glad you like it my writing style. Will try and post a new part on a weekly basis. Thank you once again...
WeRockTheWorld thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Thank you so much ...now its easier to read ...kindly update the next chapter soon ...eagerly waiting ...
Anjali33 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Perfect title.. mismatch!!
From next time onwards, update in this post only..it'll be easier for d readers😊
chandni4433 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Am loving it
Pleasee update jaldii
Prizi thumbnail
would love to read more
cont soon
Phoenix100 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4