anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Xmas Xtasy!

Santa Claus is on its way! The air is thickening with the festivities of Christmas and celebrations are on in full swing.

Here's how a few of our television stars perceive and savour Xmas as Prashant Golecha discovers.

Chetan Hansraj

First thought: Santa Claus and gifts

Celebrations: This is the best time of the year. My wife Lavinia is a Christian and we have recently shifted to a new house so it is as good as decorated, we normally do up our place during this festival. We already have a Christmas tree at home. I very occasionally visit the church too. When I was a kid I used to wait for Christmas.

Sharad Malhotra

First Thought: Red wine, cheese and Santa Claus

Celebrations: It's the time to party! The entire month of December is amazing especially from 25th to 31st which is the best week of every year. Back in Kolkatta we used to get a Christmas tree, decorate the house and attend Club parties. The nostalgic feeling is amazing! I do love to visit the church. Last year I attended the mid-night mass at Mount Mary Bandra and this year too if I pack up timely I will go there. I don't shop for Christmas but I do wear new clothes.

Poonam Gulati

First Thought:
Guava Cheese and Marzipan

Celebrations: As I have studied in a convent school, Christmas is a very special festival. In my early childhood I used to play baby Jesus and Bible was the first book that was gifted to me. I still go to Church near my home in Mahim. When something good happens in my life I go to Canossa convent church, which falls in my school campus. I do have an original Christmas tree in my house. Santa makes me nostalgic. Ideally at this time I would love to be in Finland and have a white snowy Christmas.

Dimple Inamdar

First Thought: Tons of happiness and fun

Celebrations:
I always look forward to this festival. I have been to churches in Goa and in Mumbai I do visit a church in Mahim sometimes on Wednesday. During Xmas, I don't indulge in special shopping. Ideally I would love to go to Canada to celebrate a white Christmas, there's no spirit as such in our city.

Narayani Shastri

First Thought:
Another festival like Diwali or Holi

Celebrations: Most of the time we either go out and party or stay at home. When I used to live in Colaba, we had people belonging to all religions residing in my building. So we used to celebrate Xmas and even visit the church. But now I have shifted base to Andheri and I don't even know my neighbours. I feel all festivals are a reason to celebrate in a cosmopolitan city like Mumbai.

Rajesh Kumar

First Thought:
A day for gaiety

Celebrations: I can't celebrate Christmas as TV actors don't get a holiday. In school days, it was one day of freedom and fun. Now it is like just any other day for me. I don't go to church, maybe during my school days I must have visited.

Juhi Parmar

First Thought: Lots of gifts

Celebrations: It's just a festival like other festivals - a happy occasion. And the best part is that the entire world celebrates it! I love to go to a church if I get the time and opportunity.

Poonam Joshi

First Thought:
Eating cakes and expecting gifts

Celebrations: Christmas is not typically my festival and I don't celebrate it much. But the very joyous and festive atmosphere kicks off the party mood. I always make it a point to go for a midnight mass every year, but this time because of my tight shoot schedules I may not go.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

norzar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi

thanks for this.

norzar
preethi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
thanks
so nice of her that she vist church when she gets time 😛 .
Eksie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing..

I love Christmas.. though I don't much celebrate it.. but I love the festive spirit.. 😊