Ah, that was one fun interview! Guess, we all got real lucky that Virina agreed to be our first MOTW and gave us an insight into her world. How could I possibly let go of such a chance to grill the lady? So, here are my questions.
1) When an idea triggers me, I normally brainstorm a lot. Then i unleash the ideas on the Photoshop canvas. I can take a day or two before I start working on them. But the process on the finishing outcomes can take me more than a couple of days. It depends though, each edits/icons/gifs have their own concluding timelines. But i must say the icon-making takes longer to finish, probably a week. Especially if am trying something new. I don't normally have a clear picture of what i want to achieve all the time but while working sometimes the concept changes and takes another form. I like working with the flow because you never know what kind of styles you might caught you unaware.
2) PS Mantra: Practice makes perfect. It's true, I've seen myself grow only by practicing persistently. Photoshop is my comfort zone. It's more of a creative outlet than a means to express myself.
3) AHH Yea. We all go through this one, right? I go through galleries like yours on IF, stalk the old creations, even takes a memory down the lane with my old stuffs, brain waving how to renew them. I go on sites like deviantart, tumblr, livejournal, etc. So you see it's normal if we lack ideas. A break is needed after a while, for you to bounce back with dazzling ideas. You just need 2% of inspiration to get you kick started. That's why I go around and try getting inspired by other people's work.
4) I've thought about it a lot of time. I even thought I'll be quitting after I open my first gallery but I did not. But you never know, only if life gets busy I'll be saying goodbye to I-F. Don't see that happening anytime soon.
5) I've already started graphic design professionally. But am on the baby phase right now.
Felt like a freaking Celebrity
Topic started by Starwalkers
Last replied by aftermath..