Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

Book Club-Anything On PDF,EPUB or PAPER-BACK #2

Starwalkers thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

book club 2.0

Here is a place to discuss all the books you've read. Basically Ari and I were tired of only spamming each other and opening a topic for every book we read which is AH-MA-ZING [And lets face it the forum would've been flooded with posts by the beginning of 2016 with the speed we cross off books 🤣 ] 

So here is a common place we will put up all the books we've read or are planning to read. You all can come in and discuss the books. Suggest books or  join us in reading the next book we are planning to read. 

Hoping for some good times ahead. We can always book spam by ourselves though 🤣 

#LetsBringThisPlaceToLife 😆

writeup: -TeekhiMishti-

Message from Admin: DO NOT POST DOWNLOAD LINKS TO ANY OF THE BOOKS

Edited by vijay - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DreamOfEndless thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Nymeria-

I've heard a lot about this book! Let us know your non-spoiler review once you read it, it's been on my to-read list forever :D

Also, does anyone watch the Books on Toast podcast on Youtube? Some great recommendations on there! I'd recommend the episodes with Kanan Gill, Rohan Joshi, Vivek Tejuja, GeekFruit, Kaneez, the Father's day special, and also maybe the poetry one, for those interested in poetry. (Most of the other episodes were also great, but these are some of my favourites :D)

Edit: @Tia - If I remember correctly, If on a Winter's Night a Traveller was also discussed in the Kanan Gill episode! (spoiler-free, of course)

Sure! I have read one-third of the book, still many chapters left. The story feels weird at first, then I felt he is telling a story of someone in search of something perfect. I would try to write one review as spoiler free as possible. 

And, thanks for mentioning the podcast. I googled it (or youtubed!) and it is a marvelous treasure trove of recommended reading. I specifically watched the episode you mentioned. At first one would think Kanan is cracking jokes about the book, but he is spot on. But I was disappointed Kafka's Metamorphosis was not mentioned in that genre.

@Starwalker. : Thanks for the new thread :)
TeekhiMishti thumbnail
Yayyy!!!!! Finally we finish the first thread !!!! 
I never thought I'd see this day *happy tears*

Congrats desto *hugs* and thank you to everyone for joining us in this journey :) here's to hoping this thread goes faster than the previous one 🤣
TeekhiMishti thumbnail
I see a lot of discussion on classics *sighs* they've been on my list forever but I just can't get through the heavy stuff. I've been stuck on book thief for more than an year 😔
Currently obsessed with Katie west everything she writes is so close to life ...easy and fun to read. I don't think ive ever read everything from a single author the way I keep waiting on her books. 

Her latest love,life and the list is so sweet :) 
TeekhiMishti thumbnail
Also the next instalment for the court of thorns and roses and is coming up soon-ish whose excited!!!!!!!??????? *runs around screaming* 
*tch tch* desto still needs to fulfill her promise of reading it.

In the meanwhile can anyone suggest me more fun light reads?
Starwalkers thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -TeekhiMishti-

Also the next instalment for the court of thorns and roses and is coming up soon-ish whose excited!!!!!!!??????? *runs around screaming* 

*tch tch* desto still needs to fulfill her promise of reading it.

In the meanwhile can anyone suggest me more fun light reads?

@bold you remember 🤣

Since you've read acomaf and acotar I can boldly suggest you historicals. Try What happens in London by Julia Quinn.

Edited by Starwalker. - 6 years ago
Starwalkers thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -TeekhiMishti-

Yayyy!!!!! Finally we finish the first thread !!!! 

I never thought I'd see this day *happy tears*

Congrats desto *hugs* and thank you to everyone for joining us in this journey :) here's to hoping this thread goes faster than the previous one 🤣

Right back at ya 🤗

If you stick around this thread will go faster than the previous one.😆
-Nymeria- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: dreamy.tiara

Sure! I have read one-third of the book, still many chapters left. The story feels weird at first, then I felt he is telling a story of someone in search of something perfect. I would try to write one review as spoiler free as possible. 

And, thanks for mentioning the podcast. I googled it (or youtubed!) and it is a marvelous treasure trove of recommended reading. I specifically watched the episode you mentioned. At first one would think Kanan is cracking jokes about the book, but he is spot on. But I was disappointed Kafka's Metamorphosis was not mentioned in that genre.

@Starwalker. : Thanks for the new thread :)

Ooh another person who's read Metamorphosis! That was a crazy story :D

Pushing this up my list then, as soon as I get out of my reading slump *sigh* Anyone else annoyed with how much netflix is taking over their reading time? :D But I start a one week holiday next week immediately after my midsems get over and even though I'll have projects and other work I hope to catch up on my reading.

Currently reading the much recommended Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari to satisfy all those ppl i know irl who keep teling me it's high time i started reading non-fiction
TeekhiMishti thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Starwalker.

@bold you remember 🤣

Since you've read acomaf and acotar I can boldly suggest you historicals. Try What happens in London by Julia Quinn.

No taking .suggestions from you till you fulfill your promise[):)]

Back to reading annies song ❤️ 
TeekhiMishti thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Starwalker.

Right back at ya 🤗

If you stick around this thread will go faster than the previous one.😆

I try bro i try 😆