Two Shot - [Nazdeekiyaan] - Part 1 up

Khidki thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
This was a story I had writtenon another forum. Thought of posting it on Rishabala as well.
This is my third story on the forum, hope you all like it!

Happy Reading.!!

TS- || Nazdeekiyaan||

Part 1 - Still Cold

The sky was washed grey, the sun had disappeared too soon that day. The breeze was wild just like two hearts that night.

The fire, for a brief time, seemed to be offering respite from the winter storm outside. A dance of light and shadows spilled from the fireplace, turning the living room into a sanctuary of warm air. The heat from the fireplace warmed her as she gazed out of the living room window. Frost covered the edges of the window and it had started snowing. The sky had turned dark, she sighed.

She quickly ran a glance around the kitchen to see if the necessities were there. Relieved she went back to the small stone walled living room. She switched off the television which now only created noise, thanks to the weather.

She walked up to the old music player. Humming the romantic number she got to cleaning the messed up room, her thoughts involuntarily back to him. It had been an year she had left him, it had been a wrong decision, but back then it seemed the best.

The ground was covered in a thick blanket of snow. He pulled the long leather coat closer; despite the gloves his hands were cold. He pulled out the small piece of paper and looked at the sign board, a small smile graced his face. He followed the sign board pulling his scarf closer, covering his ears properly once again. He looked at the tree, snow-laid and cold, no lush green leaves. Oh, so much like him!

He walked up the slight slope of the small house, leaving light footprints in the snow. His heart skipped beats as he climbed every step to reach the door. He took a deep long breath. This should be it! For his heart had already sensed her!

She was flipping through the magazine sitting on the couch by the fireplace, when she felt a sudden change of air which made her look up. She glanced around, everything was just the same. She placed her hand on her thudding heart, hugging the magazine closer she closed her eyes.

"Tak-tak" there was a knock on the wooden door. Her eyes flew open as her heart raced.

He looked around, the houses were sporadically placed, the early darkness was of no help. He turned to the door, his hope slowly dwindling, yet his heart racing.

She took a deep breath placing her hand on the handle of the door, slowly unlocking it.

She shivered as she was greeted by a biting wind, she opened her eyes to find no one in sight. She sighed, when suddenly a figure straightened up. He had bent to dust off the snow in his boots. She whiffed his aroma. He gasped looking at her finally, after days together.

Both froze, not just owing to the weather but also the sudden togetherness, it all seemed to be a dream. A cold dream, that would break once more. She blinked; his eyes scanned her face up and down. The long ignored biting wind made him shudder and he buried his hands deeper into his pockets. She noticed that. She was freezing cold herself. Somewhere softly the music kept humming as though just for them.

dekha hazaaron dafa aapko
phir beqarari kaisi hai
sambhale sambhalta nahi ye dil
kuch aap mein baat aisi hai

I have seen you a thousands of times,
then how's this restlessness,
this heart doesn't get controlled even on trying,
there is something such in you

"Mind if I come in? it's freezing"

"Come in quickly; its freezing"

They spoke in unison and immediately looked at each other. He stepped in jerking the snow off the boots. She shut the door and turned to look at him, rubbing her palms furiously. He got the boots off his feet. His feet were cold and pale. She analysed them and rushed inside and came back with a tub of warm water, placing it before the sofa adjacent to the fireplace, she called him forward.

"How long have you been walking in the cold?

"Seems forever now!" he let his feet relax in the warm water, as his eyes met hers.

She immediately diverted her gaze. Silence engulfed as he shut his eyes trying to relax his thudding heart and his muddled mind. The silence was killing, she gazed at him, he was just the same except that he seemed more rugged than before. She stealthily picked up the magazine she had been reading and hid it away in the drawer of the side table.  She sat wondering what was to come!

"Hungry?" she finally put rest to her fighting thoughts by speaking her concern out.

A small smile cornered his lips, "Very!"

She analysed his face, having a hint off his meaning behind his words, she got up to prepare something quickly for him. He held her hand, breathing deeply she stopped slowly preparing to turn to look at him. Those butterflies she hadn't felt for days and months seemed to come alive in her stomach. She glanced at him. "towel, please?"he requested.

She simply nodded not getting what she expected, she quickly diapered into a small room and returned with a towel in hand. Wiping his feet he slowly stood on the fur carpet, which made his feet feel better. Accustomed to the temperature of the warm room, he removed his coat.

"No, wear it, you are not used to the cold."  She reprimanded.

"I am...very much " he folded his coat keeping it aside, his eyes not leaving hers, as his jaw muscles stiffened.

She looked away not able to look into those eyes of his, which questioned her, scolded her, accused her, and still loved her.

He closed the distance between them and she stiffened. He took yet another step towards her. She could feel him. It felt like for years she had been deprived of this warmth, his warmth, his presence. She din't want to back off, like she had done before.

"Madhu!"

She gently closed her eyes as her name escaped his lips as beautifully as ever. He couldn't help but simper. If she hadn't had the strength she had, she would have collapsed to the floor crying her heart out.

"can we talk?"

She simply nodded in a no, taking a step away. She felt weak.

He sighed, reminding himself to be patient, anger would do no good. A million questions he had to ask, and she was willing to answer none.

He held her hand before she could move away, "Ok dance!?!"

She looked up at him bewildered, at his request. Perhaps, he knew she couldn't say a no.

He quickly resumed the music she had paused.. His arm circled around her waist pulling her closer. If it was a dream it, he din't wish for the morning to the dawn.

Pal Bhar Na Doori Sahein Aap Se
Betaabiyaan Ye Kuch Aur Hain
Hum Door Hoke Bhi Paas Hain
Nazdeekiyan Yeh Kuch Aur Hain

I Won't Bear Distance From You Even For A Moment,
This Eagerness Is Something Different.
We Are Far, And Yet Close,
This Closeness Is Something Different.

He pulled her closer, his eyes not willing to leave her face.

"Its cold !" he wanted to strike a conversation as they swayed.

"I m used to it!" she simply said, resting her arm on his shoulder.

He swirled her around, letting her back rest against his chest. "I meant your hands!" he whispered.

She turned back to look at him, he dragged her arms around his neck, which was warm. She parted her lips slightly at the contact. She was closer than before. Both were sinking in the renewed warmth they hadn't felt for months together.

She finally gave in and interlocked her gaze with his. He leaned closer letting her feel his every breath.

Dekha Hazaaron Dafaa Aapko
Phir Beqarari Kaisi Hai
Sambhale Sambhalta Nahi Ye Dil
Kuch Pyar Mein Baat Aisi Hai

Aagosh Mein Hain Jo Aapki
Aisa Sukoon Aur Paayen Kahan
Aankhen Humein Ye Raas Aa Gayin
Ab Hum Yahaan Se Jaaye Kahaan

Now That I Am In Your Arms,
Where Shall I Find Such Peace.
These Eyes Have Suited Me,
Now Where Shall I Go From Here.

He gently inched closer resting his chin on her shoulder. She hitched in a deep breath, so did he. The closeness they had missed.

P.S

I enjoyed writing it, hope you enjoyed reading it as well.
Do pour in your comments and feedback.

For those who don't know me, I m Anni😳
Edited by Khidki - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Khidki thumbnail
Part 2
Red
Shall post by tomorrow: )
LovelyUmang5 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
beautifully written..
waiting eagerly for next part..
will read it again & give detailed comment..

Edited by LovelyUmang5 - 6 years ago
LovelyUmang5 thumbnail
I liked the way you started the story..
It gave that "Once upon a time" kinda feeling..
The meeting was so beautifully written..
song chosen for the situation was apt..
each dialogue, every expression was so wonderfully penned down..
I did not at all feel like I was reading it..
It was as if the scene was going on in front of my eyes..
The script was quite intriguing.. the way their past was not disclosed yet the knowledge that it was there.. It all made it very mysterious..
The name of the chapter was again well thought.. It was perfect for the way they felt & the way everything was portrayed..
It was all amazingly written dear..

Edited by LovelyUmang5 - 6 years ago
varshajoshi17 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Interesting start 
Loved it 

LovelyUmang5 thumbnail
harini06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Superb update,
amazingly written,
loved it and the way u described it,
thanks for the update
madhumeandyou thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Superb work. Really loved the starting.
Madhu left him?
But why?
Waiting for next update 
manna43 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lovely !Your description is best it seems all is happening in front of my eyes. Continue plz why they part their ways.
Khidki thumbnail

Originally posted by: LovelyUmang5

I liked the way you started the story..
It gave that "Once upon a time" kinda feeling..
The meeting was so beautifully written..
song chosen for the situation was apt..
each dialogue, every expression was so wonderfully penned down..
I did not at all feel like I was reading it..
It was as if the scene was going on in front of my eyes..
The script was quite intriguing.. the way their past was not disclosed yet the knowledge that it was there.. It all made it very mysterious..
The name of the chapter was again well thought.. It was perfect for the way they felt & the way everything was portrayed..
It was all amazingly written dear..

That was such a beautiful review!
Thanks! (What do I call you?)
Now that you have said it, even I get the once upon a time vibes😆
Thank You. So glad you loved it⭐️