SwaSan SS ~ Red String of Fate{Part 3}

Nivedita_SS thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Nafi, as we fondly address her, months ago pmed me a concept and requested me to pen down something. The concept was in shelves till last week when I typed few lines based on the same. It got me interested and I started working on the story. And today, I present it before you readers.

No assurance that updates will be frequent since there is another story of mine (Journey Towards Beautiful Destination) which has to be worked upon. Kindly ignore all the grammatical errors and missing punctuation marks if you come across in any instalments. Will edit them asap. 

Edited by Aphrodite_NV - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nivedita_SS thumbnail
Index
Instalment 1 ~ Scroll Down
Instalment 2 ~ Scroll Down
Instalment 3 ~ Scroll Down
Nivedita_SS thumbnail
                                            Swasan SS ~ Red String of Fate

Nivedita_SS thumbnail
~~~~~~~~~
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." 
~ An Ancient Chinese Belief
~~~~~~~~~

Instalment~1

Swara affectionately caressed the silky locks of her daughter glancing outside through the car window. The surroundings were way too familiar and memories associated resurfaced in her mind bringing out few tears which she quickly wiped off without anyone's notice.

The little girl snuggled closer in her mother's embrace and asked,

"Maa, aur kitna time lagega?"

"Almost there, Mishti." Swara replied.

The car took a left and halted near a big community.

"Give me just 5 minutes. There is an important person waiting for me." Swara requested the driver.

Drawing a deep breathe in, she called on a phone number.

"I'm here." Swara stated. The line went dead.

She came out of the cab holding Mishti's hand. Landing at noon was almost a boon for her; most shops were shut down for lunch and no known people were seen in the neighbourhood. She sighed and stood in the same position before being crushed under someone's hug.

"SWARAA!" The lady squealed in delight.

"Swara, I am so glad that you have come. I thought you would deny like everytime."

"Ragini, control. We are on a road. And I had to come, afterall it's my precious friend's wedding. How can I miss the biggest event of your life?

Ragini nodded with a smile. Her eyes fell on Mishti who stood behind Swara with her (Swara's) dupatta clutched in her tiny fists. Ragini looked up at Swara.

"Yours?" She asked.

A nod came as a reply from Swara.

Ragini bent down on her knees and asked,

"What is your name?"

"Samyra."

Ragini extened her palm infront after staring at the little girl for few seconds.

"Friends?"

The friendship sealed for lifetime as Samyra shook hands with Ragini flashing an adorable smile. Swara too smiled witnessing the antics of the new friends on the road. Remembering the road, she suddenly grew conscious of their surroundings.

"Ragini, we need to leave. It's quite late." Swara told. Ragini reluctantly departed herself from Samyra.

"I'll be there. Don't worry." Swara assured her. Ragini nodded with smile. She squeezed Swara's palm and said,

" You're are very strong, Swara."

The two friends hugged each other before Swara and Samyra walked back to their cab.

=================

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Nivedita_SS thumbnail

Instalment 2

The same day, at night

8:00 p.m.

Swara stood in the extended room 'balcony' of their room, putting Samyra to sleep with a lullaby. The night was pleasant, with occasional breezes that unsettled her open hair, few strands falling on her face. Swara unlocked her phone and moved to the gallery section. Swara rubbed her fingers over a pic, gazing it fondly.

"I miss you...miss you so much. she gulped the lump formed in her throat, "But I can't come to you. For I promised someone who is a father figure to me. I am sorry, Sunny. She whispered, clutching the mobile to her chest. Her eyes turnd red with the continuous warm tears that spilled from her eyes. Slumping on the hard flooring of the balcony, she leaned on the railings falling asleep being oblivious to the surroundings.

Hotel Eiffel Blomet

Rue du Commerce

3:30 p.m.

He stood near the mirror, brushing his thick silky hair, with a random tune on his lips. He saw his reflection in the mirror, crisp chocolate brown shirt and formal black pants.

He walked towards his bed, picking up all the essential files for the meeting when his phone rang. He sighed, recognising the caller and lifting the call.

"What is it, lucky? he asked trying not to sound impolite.

"Sanskaar, why don't you want to come? he heard an exasperated masculine voice from the other side.

"Lakshya, I don't wish to come. Why don't you just understand? he answered and before Lakshya could add something, Sanskaar ended the call. He gathered his files and walked out, locking his suite.

He was distracted for a few moments during the meeting, but nevertheless he cracked the deal. The clients were awed with the attires on the presentation; contemporary with subtle touches of tradition, declaring themselves as the best amongst all. Final procedure took another thirty minutes, before it was announced that Minutiae would be established in Paris, the city boasting world's most reputed brands and empires of fashion.

5:30 p.m.

Sanskaar was back to his suite, changed into a tee shirt and sweatpants. The deal was finalised and he was packing his bag when his phone beside him buzzed. He picked up and waited for Lakshya to speak,

"You're not ending the call this time, understood Mr.Sanskaar Maheshwari. I won't let you do so. Six years, Sanskaar, six damn years since you returned home. Kyun nahi aana tumhe, haan? It's my wedding and do think it is wrong on part to want my best friend beside me while I perform all the rituals.

Sanskaar kept the bag aside and adjusted himself on the bed before speaking,

"You know the reason yet you ask me why. I don't wish to come bacuse I hate myself for being his son when I look at him, Lucky. He disgusts me, my hatred for him begins in the deepest cell of my body. It is because of him that my mother, my love, no one is with me, he ruined his relationships and succeeded in ruining mine too.. Sanskaar let a sarcastic laugh out finishing his sentence.

"We can not bring aunt alive, but surely you can get back to your love.

"WHATT?

If I say that she is back in the city to attend the wedding of her friend who, fortunately, happens to be my fiancee, will you come? Lakshya asked, praying fervently to get a positive response.

Sanskaar jumped, shocked with the news.Sanskaar could feel hundred and one emotions inside him, as if her mere name brought back the better version of him. His tears threatened to spill out, as he asked,

"Has-- has she really come?

"Yes, Ragini mentioned it today during our chat. And she wanted you to be back and clear all gile-shikwe. So, will you be coming now?

"When should I be there? Sanskaar replied.

"By tomorrow, if you can. Engagement is day after tomorrow. Lakshya informed. And the line went dead. Lakshya pulled the phone from his ear and laid down on his bed to have a peaceful sleep, after years.

Morning

In India

8:30 a.m.

Swara woke up from sleep, disturbed by the morning rays of sun. Ignoring the pain near her neck, she held her phone and stood up. Closing the balcony door, she walked to the bed where Samyra was in a deep sleep. She kept her phone on the nightstand.

"Your father would be so happy to know about you, Mishti. Yet I can't take you to him. I am sorry bachcha. Apni maa ko maaf kar dena. Swara caressed Samyra's forehead and dropped a lingering kiss, before walking into the washroom with clothes.

Several minutes, she came out dressed in a mahogany coloured kurti with gota work on sleeves and neckline and a white leggings. She let the towel loose, drying her hair with it. She looked at her reflection in the mirror before taking a pinch of vermilion and appying it in her hairline. She made a slant parting in her hair and brought her locks to the other side, covering the sindoor from the stares of the world.

"Good morning, maa. Samyra mumbled, hugging her mother from behind.

"Morning, Mishti. Swara ruffled her daughter's hair before sending her into the washroom.

Samyra, too, got ready quickly and the mother-daughter duo went down for the breakfast. Finishing their breakfast, they hired a taxi and headed to Ragini's house.

In Paris

Sanskaar stood in the queue of the departure wing of international flights, waiting for the checking procedure to get over. After the completion of all formalities, he took a seat on one of the benches placed inside. His hands unlocked his mobile and took him to the clock app.

2 hours IST more.. He sighed before switching his phone to airplane mode. Pushing his mobile into his jeans pocket, he took out a piece of paper from his bag. The paper was old; torn in the edges and had a tawny brown colour. Yet the words written upon it were intact, neatly written with blue pen in cursives. He caressed the letter before holding it closer to his heart.

"Few hours more and I will be back to you. And this time I won't listen to any word of yours. Understood. He whispered to himself.

===================

Here ends the second chapter. I did answer few questions, I guess. Happy Sankranti to all. May this first festival of the new year fill peace and happiness in everyone's lives.

Signing off,

Nivi

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Nivedita_SS thumbnail

Forgot to mention in the previous chapter, the story is set in Mumbai.

SwaSan SS ~ Red String Of Fate

Instalment 3

It had taken more than an hour for them to reach Ragini's residence. Swara stood at the threshold, contemplating whether to enter in when she was found by Janaki Gadodia, Ragini's mother and what followed was a series of scoldings and twisting of ear before being pulled for a hug. She entered inside the house with Samyra and took blessings of Parvati Gadodia, Ragini's paternal grand mother, and Shekhar Gadodia, Ragini's father.

Swara was already informed of the schedule; they would go for shopping, more of filling in details of the happenings in each other's life and then to Ragini's bridal designer for any alterations in the attires.

Samyra had taken a close liking towards Dadi as she allowed to have sweets of her choice, something her mother would admonish fearing the cavities. Swara shook her head smiling, as she notice of her daughter relish the kheer prepared as the morning prashad.

She has taken so many qualities of his inspite of him not being with us. She thought, saddness blooming in her heart.

"Shall we leave? Ragini asked, ready in her casual wear; ankle-length metallic blue anarkali with matching pair of oxidised earrings.

"Ever ready Swara replied.

Ragini ignited the engine of her scooty. Ragini was at the driving seat with Swara at the end and Samyra between the two ladies. They zoomed through the streets of Mumbai on Ragini's Activa, with random discussions during the traffic signals.

Phoenix Market City, Mumbai

Ragini parked their vehicle in the parking lot and the women gang moved towards the entrance. The mall was one of the newest malls launched in late 2011 in Mumbai. Measuring around four million square feet, the mall boasts of more than 300 indigenous and international brands of fame. Swara held Samyra's hand securely fearing the little girl would run off owing to her playful nature.

"How's life going? Swara asked.

"Pretty good, infact beautiful. I got my books published and they turned out to be best-sellers of the month. And few stories pending. Shaadi ke baad khatam karungi unhe. Ragini replied to which Swara hmmed.

"Maa, bhook lagi hai. Samyra told to her mother.

"Give us two minutes, Mishti. Swara replied but was cut off by Ragini,

"Then let's have something, even I am hungry.

"Fine Swara mumbled.

"What will you have? Swara asked, after they reached the food court.

"Schezwan noodles with manchurian. Samyra was quick with her reply which amazed the duo ladies.

"And you Swara eyes at Ragini.

"A cup of hot chocolate will do She replied.

"Since when did you start having hot chocolate. I thought you are more into something less 'sweet' like espresso. Swara glanced at Ragini, mirth scintillating in her eyes.

"Preferances change over time, Swara Ragini replied, carefully avoiding Swara's piercing gaze.

Oh! why, just why did you send a friend like her God. She never leaves a chance to embarrass me. Ragini looked up, chastising the Almighty for his grave mistake.

"Swara.Go Ragini chased off Swara to the counter. By the time, she managed to get themselves a place to sit.

"Maasi, chalo naa hum koi game khelte hain. Samyra pouted. And so began the game of stone-paper-scissors between the the two girls till Swara arrived with their respective orders. Ragini began sipping her drink while Swara was feeding Samyra noodles.

"She is so much similar to him, isn't it. And why not he is her father afterall Ragini exclaimed, causing Swara to turn towards her.

"Ragini-- it's better-- better if we don not raise that topic again. Please. Swara fumbled with her words.

"Why Swara? Just because of some stupid promise you made to someone, you are staying away from your husband and over that hiding the existence of his daughter. If he gets to know about this, he might even take a legal action against you, do you even realize that. Ragini's temper began rising at her best friend's idiocrisy.

"Ragini please-- please stop it. Swara broke into sobs reminscing the unfateful day.

"Maa Samyra's voice made them turn towards her at reflex.

"Yes Mishti Swara managed to smile at her daughter.

"Why are you crying? She asked.

"Nothing beta. Just..just some dust went inside mumma's eyes, that's it. Swara lied.

"Aap fikar mat karo, superwoman Samyra will remove all dust from this world She flexed her small hands like a muscleman bringing smiles on both the ladies.

"Acha meri bhanji ji, aap pehle apna noodles toh khaa lo phir duniya ko bacha lena Ragini retorted. Finishing off with the savouries, they headed back to do some shopping.

At Reliance Trends

"Swara look at this Ragini swirled around with an ethnic lehenga infront of Swara.

"Ragini, this will be too pale for your complexion. Try some royal shades Being a fashionista, Swara quickly replied. Ragini happily obliged and marched to next hanger.

Swara walked around the dresses when her gaze fell on a particular lehenga and she was impressed with it. Pulling it out from the collection, she stared at the lehenga: cerulean blue skirt and blouse with rouge pink net dupatta. The lehenga had no extravagant embroidery yet had a charm of its own with zari work on the skirt and dupatta borders. She checked the brand and its price. Smiling, she decided to go with the attire.

The girls paid the bill for their shopping and returned back to their respective places.

Evening, 7:00 p.m.

After a tedious journey of eight hours from Paris, Sanskaar found himself crushed under his best friend's hug.

"Sanskaar, I'm so happy Lakshya exclaimed, tightening the hug choking Sanskaar.

"Lucky, thoda hath ja bhai warna main ghar ke bajaye upar chale jaunga. He commented satirically causing Lakshya to move away.

"Let me inform Ragini also. Lakshya fished out his phone from his denim pocket and dialed Ragini's number.

"Hello. She addressed.

"Ragu... Lakshya was cut off before he could speak.

"Give the phone to Sanskaar.

Lakshya pouted and handed the phone to Sanskaar, earning a chuckle from Sanskaar.

"I missed you so much, jiju. Ragini exclaimed.

"Me too. Sanskaar replied.

"Jaldi aa jao, there is a pleasant surprise awaiting you.

"What surprise?

"Come soon. You'll know it by yourself. And she ended the call.

"Lucky, Ragini kis surprise ki baat kar rahi thi? Sanskaar asked, during their journey to the Maheshwari Mansion. Lakshya knew the answer yet chose to behave clueless.

"Even I have no idea, Sanskaar.

Their car stopped at the entrance of the Maheshwari Mansion. Under the dark night, the mansion shone like a blazing sun. Constructed during the British colonial rule, the mansion could give a tough competition to the palaces of kings and princes.

Sanskaar took small steps reminscing his entire childhood and adoloscence that was spent in the mansion. His mother's morning aarti, her sweet voice crooning the prayers, her laughter, everything rang in his ears. Flashes of her death jerked him to reality.

"Sanskaar, you ok? Lakshya asked from behind.

"hmm

The security guards greeted him before opening the main door. He dragged his suitcase inside, ascending the stairs which lead to the living room of the mansion.

"Sanskaar He heard his name being called out from behind. Sanskaar sighed in frustration, he had to converse with the man he hated the most, Mr.Maheshwari, his father.

"Kaise ho Sanskaar? He asked, smiling at his son.

"I am fine Mr.Maheshwari. In fact better, now that I have been staying away from all the negativity in my life. Sanskaar replied, satirically chuckling. He did not wish for this but some how seeing his father's face always reminded him about his mother's death.

"I am happy that you would be living here henceforth. His father exclaimed.

"Ah! No, Mr. Maheshwari. I must break your heart to tell this that I will not be staying in this palatial house of yours, with you under the same roof I just came to take few of my essential things. Sanskaar told and marched off to his room with Lakshya behind him.

Fresh pool of tears made their way to cheeks as he opened the doors of his room. Everything was same, the furniture, the photo frames, the accolades he won, everything except for its inhabitants who had evolved, both physically and emotionally, during the time span. He opened the cupboard and turned to the locker. After few minutes of thinking about the code number, he typed it and the locker opened revealing nothing except for a simple diamond studded gold choker and a pair of bangles. Securing them safely in his bag, he and Lakshya headed back to the living room.

"Sanskaar, these jewellery piece are aunty's, right? Lakshya asked.

"Yes, and now they will be my wife's. Sanskaar stated. Lakshya smiled and nodded.

===========================

Hearty apologies for the delay. I was suffering from writer's block since quite a few days and was extremely busy with my morning tutions which start at 6 a.m and end at 8 a.m. Let me know how good, bad or worst the chapter was through your comments.

Cheers,

Nivedita

kojagorimalik thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
okk so samyra is swara's daughter and ragini swara's best friend hmmm...daal main kuch kala hai..hehe just joking...bdw awesome episode...loved it..

Love
Moumita

Nivedita_SS thumbnail

Originally posted by: kojagorimalik

okk so samyra is swara's daughter and ragini swara's best friend hmmm...daal main kuch kala hai..hehe just joking...bdw awesome episode...loved it..

Love
Moumita

Hello Moumita. Nice to know you on the forum. Dal mein kuch kala nahi hai, at least for now ðŸ˜Š. And thank you so much for loving the chapter. And for the quick reply as well. 
Love,
Nivi
princessdivya thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome one
Plz continue soon
Thanks for pm
elsanna thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Interested...Very much😉 do complete it...

Haaahhh...Late updates are you here to compete with me🤣 who will understand the meaning of late updates rather than me... Nowadays toh I feel like leaving the story as it is can't focus on it

Tani