Pre-conceived Notions, Prejudice & Pride!

Cat. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
We human beings are judgmental beings, as much as we like to believe that we are neutral and not prone to judging people, our environment, our interactions all colour the way we look at the world. Aanchal Srivastav too fell victim to this coloured judgement, unfortunately going against the grain of her profession.
I am quite sure, that Aanchal has some history with the Raichands, whether it was with the business side or the personal side, I am not sure but this was personal for her. She came into the case, with pre-conceived notions of the Raichands. This is not to say that either of the Raichand brothers are choirboys, but in this particular case, they were not culprits. Now if Aanchal had gone through the case impartially, she who is supposed to be a great lawyer, mind you not good would have seen the holes in the evidence with her lawyer-trained eyes much before the not-lawyer trained eyes of Kabir. Her needing to nail the Raichands was her vulnerability,if you look at it one way though I do get the feeling that she deliberately played the game, so that she attracts the attention of the Raichands, to put in motion, a far more elaborate plan.

She also made the mistake of dismissing Kabir, just like everyone else did. Right from the beginning of the show, its been quite evident that Ranveer is a grandmaster of chess play while Kabir was the more loose cannon of the Raichands. But today a small layer of Kabir's has been peeled off, he is quite adept at this game too, his method and his actions might be different from his older brother, but there is quite a keen mind there who is able to counter-play and counter-play quick. Every argument Aanchal brought, Kabir had the counter-argument.  Ranveer is probably not the only one wearing a mask, Kabir probably wears the mask of the joker, so that he is underestimated. Though I do have to say, that Ranveer doesn't underestimate him, he knew his brother would come through in the end.

Ranveer's walk into the court-room was all about power-walks, it is meant to project confidence, power and intimidate anyone and everyone in the courtroom. Throughout the proceedings, he was calm and yet smirked throughout as if he knew a secret nobody else did. And of course he did, Kabir came through in the clutch that invalidated any of Aanchal's allegations.

Kabir's entry was pretty funny but he is definitely "playing the fool", there is a shrewd brain in his head and he is a bit volatile. I loved the dab he did in front of Aanchal after Ranveer was exonerated.

The Ranveer-Aanchal scene was electric, there is a lot of awareness between them, the repartees between them are loaded with all sorts of chemistry.

The precap indicates that Ranveer is intrigued by Aanchal and he is confiding the same in his dad, whereas on the other hand, Kabir is the the vengeful force who wants to take down Aanchal & is telling his mom the same. Again the family dynamics here are interesting, Ranveer seems to be Sarika's favourite son, but of her two sons, its Kabir who is most like her with a desire to be vengeful. Maybe she admires Ranveer for the restraint, she does not have and worries that Kabir might be too much like her?

Edited by Cat. - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PenguinBaby thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Ranveer is a man who won't ever underestimate anyone, not even Aanchal. He knows the power an ant can hold against an elephant. And I really admire this trait of his. Unlike other MLs, who treat their partner as not-so-equal, Ranveer will treat Aanchal as his equal, partner or not.

Here I'll say that Aanchal has heavily underestimated the brothers or is it her just acting to underestimate them because of a personal reason, so that the Raichands notice her? 
Neenzm thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I feel Ranveer would try to use Anchal for his motives which are not clear yet. In precap, he is shown impressed/attracted by Anchal which is not the trait of Ranveer. He playing harmonica is the another shade of his character. He plays it, he plans his moves.

On the other hand, the dumb act shown by Anchal in the courtroom might be her reason to get noticed by Raichands. Might be , she wanted to enter Raichand empire for her Maqsad coz she may have some personal life grudges against the Raichands.

Right now everything is so uljha-uljha' that viewers can't help but speculate.
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
If there is history there, the Raichands have no clue who Aanchal is but my question is why is she solely after Ranvir? She seems to have it in for him. So did Ranvir specifically do something? The other way we can look at it is that she heard Meenu got raped and as any morally sound person would, would be outraged. She especially is someone who does social work and is clearly a feminist. On top of that the Raichands are so rich and powerful, she knew that if she didn't do anything then Meenu would not get justice and the rich would once again go scot-free. Add all these things together and this is reason enough to dislike the Raichands not some past history. Then we have Kabir who bribed her, and kidnapped her which made things personal. Meenu gets killed and that's two more reasons to nail the Raichands. What awaits to be seen is whether Aanchal was too juiced up on her preconceived bias and rage to do her job properly or whether she set all this up herself to get on the Raichands radar.

That was a huge mistake on her part. She had focused all her attention on Ranvir mind you not even properly because she figured out zilch about him and paid no heed to Kabir. I have noticed many people saying that Kabir is taken too lightly but you and I have both noticed that Ranvir knows that Kabir is an asset; he cannot be underestimated. Ranvir uses and propagates Kabir's unchained personality because he understands Kabir's usefulness. I dunno how genuine the love between the brothers is; whether Kabir resents Ranvir or not or whether Ranvir cares as much for Kabir but one thing is for sure both brothers believe in each other. Ranvir believed that Kabir will save him.

Ranvir is always a few steps ahead of everyone. Aanchal will have to learn to run ahead of him; learn how to play her game without Ranvir figuring it all out. Ranvir already sees Aanchal as an asset. He knows why she will be useful to him so Aanchal will have to play at his level and understand the power that different people hold.

I relate so much to Kabir; the wild, spoiled, brat, baby of the family. "Playing the fool" is a tactic I tend to use so people keep zero expectations of me. His personality is such that a lot of people write him off; to them he is silly and immature so when he does strike it shocks and pains.

The Ranveer-Aanchal scene was electric, there is a lot of awareness between them, the repartees between them are loaded with all sorts of chemistry.

Ranvir finally gave the tiniest of glimpses to Aanchal and the audience of his other side and damn was it loaded or what? Kudos to Zayed for pulling off threatening and cheeky at the same time.

Does Ranvir sense a bigger game afoot? His final scene with Aanchal and then the precap. He needs Aanchal for something. We know Kabir's intentions regarding Aanchal - he is out for revenge but what are Ranvir's intentions?
Cat. thumbnail

Originally posted by: SanyaEterna

Ranveer is a man who won't ever underestimate anyone, not even Aanchal. He knows the power an ant can hold against an elephant. And I really admire this trait of his. Unlike other MLs, who treat their partner as not-so-equal, Ranveer will treat Aanchal as his equal, partner or not.

Here I'll say that Aanchal has heavily underestimated the brothers or is it her just acting to underestimate them because of a personal reason, so that the Raichands notice her? 

Ranveer definitely does not underestimate anyone I think. Shrewd is the man who treats everyone as an adversary. In a battle between minds and power, you always have to wear the shoes of the opponent to counter-attack, Ranveer has a grip on every person's motivation, he knows which button to push. 

I 'm a little sceptical that Aanchal underestimated the brothers, I mean I understand that as a social activist, people like the Raichands get her goat, but that's where her training as a lawyer has to come in. You can't win cases on emotion, it has to be pure facts.
PenguinBaby thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Cat.

Ranveer definitely does not underestimate anyone I think. Shrewd is the man who treats everyone as an adversary. In a battle between minds and power, you always have to wear the shoes of the opponent to counter-attack, Ranveer has a grip on every person's motivation, he knows which button to push. 

I 'm a little sceptical that Aanchal underestimated the brothers, I mean I understand that as a social activist, people like the Raichands get her goat, but that's where her training as a lawyer has to come in. You can't win cases on emotion, it has to be pure facts.

Yes. And I think she had over-confidence in her proofs and no confidence in the proofs brought by Kabir. She was hell-bent in proving her own point and wasn't even ready to hear someone else talk. 
Cat. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neenzm

I feel Ranveer would try to use Anchal for his motives which are not clear yet. In precap, he is shown impressed/attracted by Anchal which is not the trait of Ranveer. He playing harmonica is the another shade of his character. He plays it, he plans his moves.

On the other hand, the dumb act shown by Anchal in the courtroom might be her reason to get noticed by Raichands. Might be , she wanted to enter Raichand empire for her Maqsad coz she may have some personal life grudges against the Raichands.

Right now everything is so uljha-uljha' that viewers can't help but speculate.

Oh definitely, he is keeping her close for his own motives, could be a case of "keep your enemies closer" & probably a bit suspicious of her interest in the Raichands. Good when a show makes you think & speculate rather than be a shoddy drama😆
Cat. thumbnail

Originally posted by: canuck-umz

If there is history there, the Raichands have no clue who Aanchal is but my question is why is she solely after Ranvir? She seems to have it in for him. So did Ranvir specifically do something? The other way we can look at it is that she heard Meenu got raped and as any morally sound person would, would be outraged. She especially is someone who does social work and is clearly a feminist. On top of that the Raichands are so rich and powerful, she knew that if she didn't do anything then Meenu would not get justice and the rich would once again go scot-free. Add all these things together and this is reason enough to dislike the Raichands not some past history. Then we have Kabir who bribed her, and kidnapped her which made things personal. Meenu gets killed and that's two more reasons to nail the Raichands. What awaits to be seen is whether Aanchal was too juiced up on her preconceived bias and rage to do her job properly or whether she set all this up herself to get on the Raichands radar. 

Yep, the Raichands have no clue who Aanchal is. I did read a blurb that Aanchal initially will look like a good soul but slowly will start exhibiting negative traits, so read into it , for whatever it is worth. I can get the emotion as a social activist but as a lawyer you are trained to win your cases on evidence & fact, even if we excuse her emotion & inexperience as a lawyer for her lack of objectivity, her whole training as a lawyer seems to have gone to the dogs & hence why I am sceptical & of course I could be wrong & the CVs just made her seem stupid to highlight the Rbros.

That was a huge mistake on her part. She had focused all her attention on Ranvir mind you not even properly because she figured out zilch about him and paid no heed to Kabir. I have noticed many people saying that Kabir is taken too lightly but you and I have both noticed that Ranvir knows that Kabir is an asset; he cannot be underestimated. Ranvir uses and propagates Kabir's unchained personality because he understands Kabir's usefulness. I dunno how genuine the love between the brothers is; whether Kabir resents Ranvir or not or whether Ranvir cares as much for Kabir but one thing is for sure both brothers believe in each other. Ranvir believed that Kabir will save him.
I guess Kabir is used to being underestimated. As a team, the Rbros are a dangerous unit, one is calm, collected and meticulous, not displaying his emotions, while the other on the surface is a volatile entity that hides a pretty sharp brain. If you go up against one bro, you got to factor in the other, otherwise the game is lost even before it is played. Love can be genuine between the brothers, so can be resentment, one is not exclusive of the other.

Ranvir is always a few steps ahead of everyone. Aanchal will have to learn to run ahead of him; learn how to play her game without Ranvir figuring it all out. Ranvir already sees Aanchal as an asset. He knows why she will be useful to him so Aanchal will have to play at his level and understand the power that different people hold.
Yep, pretty much, though sometimes I do wonder if she is ahead of him already. Sometimes what we see is not always right, it is what is not seen but playing in the background that is important.

I relate so much to Kabir; the wild, spoiled, brat, baby of the family. "Playing the fool" is a tactic I tend to use so people keep zero expectations of me. His personality is such that a lot of people write him off; to them he is silly and immature so when he does strike it shocks and pains.

I love both the Rbros' characters, both are smart in their own right, getting people to underestimate you itself is a great strength.

Yep, they have a lot of chemistry, though I do see a lot of chemistry in Kabir-Aanchal too. Both are different sorts of interactions but both hold potent chemistry.

Ranvir finally gave the tiniest of glimpses to Aanchal and the audience of his other side and damn was it loaded or what? Kudos to Zayed for pulling off threatening and cheeky at the same time.

Yep, this, this & this. I love subtlety, so that hint of cheekiness and threat was pretty darn good.

Does Ranvir sense a bigger game afoot? His final scene with Aanchal and then the precap. He needs Aanchal for something. We know Kabir's intentions regarding Aanchal - he is out for revenge but what are Ranvir's intentions?
I think he probably is a bit suspicious of her, also probably knows that she is like a dog with a bone, will probably try to find something on the Raichands & he believes in keeping his enemies closer.

Replies in red.

.Peaceminusone. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Aanchal is a women who let's her judgments, opinions on people lead over her rational thinking... A supposedly brilliant lawyer, doesn't bother verifying her proofs, lest of all doesn't even bother considering the possibility that Ranvir might not actually be guilty of anything.. Like even in the eyes of law it's "innocent until proven guilty".  She's passionate in her drive but it seems that she doesn't have the right level of maturity needed. She's a social activist so it makes sense for her to empathize more with the victims, but however her profession doesn't seem to dwell on emotions it solely relies on facts and proofs.. One of her biggest mistakes of was underestimating the Raichands and to an extent completely eliminating the chance of him being innocent.. And because of all the flaws she's a character I look forward to how it is shaped here forth.. Till now she is a lawyer who's book-smart, I look forward to her being street-smart...!! 
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Cat.

Yep, the Raichands have no clue who Aanchal is. I did read a blurb that Aanchal initially will look like a good soul but slowly will start exhibiting negative traits, so read into it , for whatever it is worth. I can get the emotion as a social activist but as a lawyer you are trained to win your cases on evidence & fact, even if we excuse her emotion & inexperience as a lawyer for her lack of objectivity, her whole training as a lawyer seems to have gone to the dogs & hence why I am sceptical & of course I could be wrong & the CVs just made her seem stupid to highlight the Rbros.

They are all grey. What awaits to be seen is whether anyone of them is outright negative. It's likely someone other than the 3 will play the antagonist but lets not expect either of the three to be completely morally sound. I have no idea if Aanchal has a past with the Raichands, so far it does not seem to be the case. I think it's more that she got carried away with her emotions and is having trouble staying professional. What she did in front of Kabir and a supposedly traumatized Meenu at the hospital and then breaking and entering the coffee shop are strong indicators of her character's moral ambiguity. The hospital scene especially was wrong because she knowingly caused undue stress to a rape victim.

I guess Kabir is used to being underestimated. As a team, the Rbros are a dangerous unit, one is calm, collected and meticulous, not displaying his emotions, while the other on the surface is a volatile entity that hides a pretty sharp brain. If you go up against one bro, you got to factor in the other, otherwise the game is lost even before it is played. Love can be genuine between the brothers, so can be resentment, one is not exclusive of the other.

In one of the FB promo videos posted by Sony, Zayed as Ranvir says that Kabir is really smart. Even if everyone else underestimates the youngest Raichand, Ranvir definitely does not. Like you stated, both brothers have their strengths and as a unit they know how to combine those strengths to utilize them efficiently. Working as one unit also helps each one make up for their weaknesses. Where Ranvir lacks, Kabir makes up for it and where Kabir lacks, Ranvir makes up for it. Playing both the brothers and destroying that single working unit will be Aanchal's game plan.

Yep, pretty much, though sometimes I do wonder if she is ahead of him already. Sometimes what we see is not always right, it is what is not seen but playing in the background that is important.

Props to the makers of this show. Within one week the audience is suspicious of each character's motives. Even the audience cannot seem to trust any character. We are already thinking that even Aanchal is playing at something from the beginning.

I love both the Rbros' characters, both are smart in their own right, getting people to underestimate you itself is a great strength.

Me too, both brothers individually are great characters and together they are even better. The KaNvir ship is sailing.

"The Ranveer-Aanchal scene was electric, there is a lot of awareness between them, the repartees between them are loaded with all sorts of chemistry."
Yep, they have a lot of chemistry, though I do see a lot of chemistry in Kabir-Aanchal too. Both are different sorts of interactions but both hold potent chemistry.
Oh whoops, the above comment on AanVir's chemistry was actually your comment from your original post. I forgot to delete it after I went over your post. How did you not notice your own words lol? Anyways, I did not write anything about chemistry because at this point I want it all to play out a bit more even if one pairing already seems to have lit a spark. I still want to see more scenes between the pairs to be fair in my judgement.

Yep, this, this & this. I love subtlety, so that hint of cheekiness and threat was pretty darn good.

I have been intrigued by Ranvir Raichand from the very beginning (like everyone else) but Friday's final scene by Zayed was great. If RR had not won me over completely earlier, he definitely took my heart in that scene with the acting he displayed. I think Zayed feels he has something to prove so his hard work and improvement with every episode shows. This isn't your run of the mill businessman character from every other Indian soap. Behind that poker face is a man who knows how to have fun. The brothers share the cheekiness trait.

I think he probably is a bit suspicious of her, also probably knows that she is like a dog with a bone, will probably try to find something on the Raichands & he believes in keeping his enemies closer.

This is very much a possibility; the whole being suspicious of Aanchal and keeping your enemies closer but does Ranvir truly need her for something or is he vengeful like Kabir?

Hey Cat, my new replies are in black below your red ones.