Palash Sen is leaving Fame-X

Posted: 17 years ago
Guru cool out of Fame X
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   December 16, 2006

Fame X has suffered yet another casualty. After anchor Sophie Chowdhry's exit, the academy's dean, Palash Sen, has decided to walk out of the SAB reality show. The Euphoria frontman is unhappy with the happenings in the Fame academy vis--vis the judges Daler Mehndi and Ganesh Hegde.

TRP trap

It is learnt that during the shoot on Thursday evening at RK Studios, Chembur, Sen was taken aback when a singer who was not up to the mark was not placed in the danger zone by the judges. "They wanted to give the contestant a second chance. But in a competition there are no second chances, either you perform or you do not. Things cannot go on like this," rues Sen.

It is obvious that viewpoints of the judges don't match when it comes to the contestants. "I don't want to make a fool of myself on television," says Sen. "It may be good for TRPs, but I cannot see myself doing all this. I can't be fighting on screen for everyone to see. I have already voiced my displeasure to the channel and the production house (Endemol)."

It is learnt that both SAB and Endemol are in talks with Sen to stay on. "What is the point if things are going to function like this?" asks Palash. He completed the shoot on Thursday and the next shoot schedule will be on Monday. "I was supposed to visit the contestants at the academy on Friday morning, but refrained from doing so," he adds.

Emotional bond

Sen agrees that the judges have their own sensibilities and belong to a different schools of thought. "But there has to be a middle path. You cannot retain a bad singer at the cost of another who is better, by saying that you want to give him/her another opportunity. Why deprive someone a chance just because of that?" he questions.

"Maybe I am getting too emotional when it comes to the contestants but that's because they have been handpicked by me from across the country. I have been with them since day one so there is this emotional bond. But in the end, only their performances matter; there should not be any other reasons for not putting a candidate in the danger zone."

mid-day.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i hope the show is trashed πŸ˜ƒ
~~RaZ~~ thumbnail
the judges sud b changed   πŸ˜‘
ani11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~~RaZ~~

the judges sud b changed   πŸ˜‘

i think the judges are fine,the contestants should be changed,man we don't want Bhajan singersπŸ˜†,we want rockstars.

rrb304 thumbnail
I hope the show isn't trashed! But the judges need to be a little more objective. Well said @ Ani...we r looking for a star not some random singers.

It's pretty frustrating how rigid and myopic the judges r being. If Palash quits, the show is dead...oh well!

How about having a Bhajan round for these rockstars.πŸ˜†

Personally I think the contestants are the same as in Fame Gurukul. In the beginning all were pathetic may be except Arijit Singh but then they improved. The judges were brilliant too. I liked their comments and Javed's tongue in cheek remarks. Ila Arun stayed in her limits being the dean. I don't know why Palash is ineterfering in everything. It is his job to train kids and judge's will pass judgement. I think all this is publicity stunt to make the show hit.

kothra thumbnail
Omg..this is really funny
FameX is gng to b turned a flop reality show
they would have stucked with FG yaar
victorygirl thumbnail
lmao aur b jis jis ko nikalna hai patli gali se nikaal lo acha moka hai yeh moka kal ho na ho

baki palash sir aur sofi k jane ki chinta met kero
sofi ki jagah main replace ker leti hun

aur palash ki jagah huzi hehhe kitna maza aaya gha shoe main dhmaal macha dein gh IF k lough πŸ˜†
ani11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: victorygirl

lmao aur b jis jis ko nikalna hai patli gali se nikaal lo acha moka hai yeh moka kal ho na ho

baki palash sir aur sofi k jane ki chinta met kero
sofi ki jagah main replace ker leti hun

aur palash ki jagah huzi hehhe kitna maza aaya gha shoe main dhmaal macha dein gh IF k lough πŸ˜†

aur daler paaji ki jagah main aajati hoon,fir saare contestants ki aur huzi ki vaat laga doongiπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ani11

i hope the show is trashed πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† but india will be deprived of a great rock star then πŸ˜† btw, palash fighting against giving a second chance πŸ˜•πŸ˜• oh dear me... i thought i just saw him pleading "for" a second chance to alok... now why this huge turn around...