Haphazardly put together pieces 23/10

.Lilith. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Hello peeps! πŸ˜ƒ

I don't know if anyone here knows me or not (I'm guessing, not), so I'll just provide a short intro-

You can call me Shelly. An old timer on IF. Joined the forum for "Geet", continued fangirling for different shows after that. If my old posts are anything to go by, you should know that I have been veryyy selective about the types of shows I watch since 2015. πŸ˜Ž

Anyway, I'm here with my first of many posts to come (hopefully), given that the show doesn't go downhill in a few episodes itself! And like it or not, I'm going to provide a nice little daily analysis for EDT. Mostly consisting of constructive criticism and a dash (ok, maybe more than a dash) of trolling. πŸ˜†

First things first, I have neither watched "Jana na dil se door" nor "Ek duje ke vaaste" before deciding to watch this show, meaning that the other members can rely on me to make absolutely unbiased judgements regarding both the male leads.

And secondly, I've left my fangirling days behind me, or maybe they're just reserved for GoT and Stranger Things. πŸ˜† Bottomline- don't expect to swoon on romantic scenes or the ML(s) going shirtless in a pool or in general.πŸ˜†

Finally, coming to the episode! *Baa Dum Tasss* πŸ˜ƒ

There was a reason why I chose such a weird title for my post- the pieces are thrown in the very first episode, albeit a bit haphazardly.

So, we have Deewaana No. 1- Vyom Bedi. His entry was no less than a 70s blockbuster movie heros'. Running towards the patthar ki moorat bare feet, red, intense eyes, palms burning cause camphor overdose...he could have well been demanding that his Mommy gets her eyesight back and it wouldn't have made much difference. πŸ˜†

What we gather is that Vyom is quite the Maya Mehrotra (yeah, Maya admirer here πŸ˜Ž) level of  Aashiq who prefers going celibate for 2 freaking years because his girlfriend is lying in a coma rather than, I don't know, get a life, maybe? πŸ€”
So it's not just the ghost, but Vyom's undying love for Sharanya which is another supernatural element in this show. πŸ˜†

The scene with Sharanya's parents crying over the fact that their beloved daughter have to snuff it could've done with bringing down the melodrama by a notch...or 20. πŸ˜’
My personal favourite was the Doggo who seemed least bothered to give a flying f**k about his parents and their crying! πŸ€£ 
That cutie deserves more screen space- Prateek Ji, are you listening? 

Annddd we see the original Mihir here too. πŸ˜Ž

And his possibly Lady Gaga fanwoman wifey. A dysfunctional marriage? An oblivious son? A love-to-spoil-my-son-to-pieces Dad who obviously is not in love with his wife. A mother who is more concerned about controlling her son instead of beingg happy about his happiness. Another few pieces thrown around.

So we get a glimpse of the ghost too. But if it was him sending the flowers, I want to know how he managed that? Also, why is Sharanya acting so strange? Is she suffering from amnesia or sleepwalking in the last scene?

The biggest mystery for me since the full length trailer came out was that how did Sharanya managed to make a grown-assed man fall in love with her before meeting Vyom, because clearly, they met in a college. Or was he a fellow student there who was secretly crushing over Sharanya and met his end when she suffered the accident which nearly killed her?

Let's hope the writers have thoroughly thought the mystery over and will reveal it bit by bit. 

Acting-wise, there wasn't much to witness, apart from Vikram's opening scene. Thankfully, he maintained a subtle yet intense demeanour throughout the demanding-from-Bhagwan scene.
Donal should rename herself "Doll"- she sure looks like one. πŸ˜³ 
Namik toh khair, blue saaya banke reh gaya, so no comments on him, yet. Although I doubt if he'll have much to contribute as a ghost, unless the makers decide to show his back story.

That's all for tonoght folks, see you tomorrow! πŸ€—

Do leave your feedback if it suits you- NO BASHING ALLOWED!

Edited by .Lilith. - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hi .. I think being the first episode, it was a well made one, at least had my interest. Yes, melodrama was there, and trust me sometimes I just love overdose of cheese and drama given that it does not look tacky ..
I am a big sucker for romantic shows/movies, hence i knew that i would watch this show because the elements are different here, and the teaser left me with a lot of interests.

Vyom, yes reflects a 70s hero, atheist and angry young man too, crying for the love of his life, can i say Vikram melts my heart when he does that onscreen? πŸ˜³ .. The opening scene was grand, and yes I am convinced that bhagwan ji listened to Vyom's prayers has brought his sharanya back in life.. I am telling you the ghost is jealous of vyom's loveπŸ˜†

I am excited for the backstory to unfold, i can say that the show will be a relief from kitchen politics and idiocy in the name of mahaan female lead. Thankfully we have a show where male leads are the central characters, and it makes me happy.. I am not trying to put down the female characters of desi shows but yeah most hindi shows do not interest me due to the overdose of women power going wrong in them.

So highlight of first episode:

Vyom's challenge to Goddess
Vyom's dad's grand swimming pool
The bhoot sending a bouquet to Vyom πŸ€£
PrincessAshVik thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hey ShellyπŸ˜ƒ
Yet to watch the episode... 

Saw Donal's entry and she looks good!

I'm looking forward to see the backstory of Shiv.
PrincessAshVik thumbnail
Also, there was an article that mentioned Sharanya is also grey. And there was a 10 sec trailer which has Namik's voiceover:
Uss Ne Waqt Samajh Kar Guzaar Diya Mujhe
Aur Main Zindagi Samajh Kar Usse Jeeta Raha

Looks pretty interesting so far...
AnOptimist thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Shelly πŸ˜³
Thanks for your honest take. I was just waiting for someone to give daily analysis of episodes & see, here you are πŸ˜ƒ You can summarize well. Welcome to the forum!! Looking forward to more of such posts from you πŸ˜³

BTW, trolling thodi kam bhi ho toh chalega πŸ˜† We're fangirls here πŸ˜†
One more thing, is it possible that Shiv is trying to kill sharanya because she took away Vyom from him?🀣
 I was in splits when Vyom received the bouquet and he went mad, i have this secret wish to see the males having a back story instead of just being a typical ashiq of sharanya who hates each other 
.Lilith. thumbnail

Originally posted by: TeAmo_Messi

Hi .. I think being the first episode, it was a well made one, at least had my interest. Yes, melodrama was there, and trust me sometimes I just love overdose of cheese and drama given that it does not look tacky ..

I am a big sucker for romantic shows/movies, hence i knew that i would watch this show because the elements are different here, and the teaser left me with a lot of interests.

Vyom, yes reflects a 70s hero, atheist and angry young man too, crying for the love of his life, can i say Vikram melts my heart when he does that onscreen? πŸ˜³ .. The opening scene was grand, and yes I am convinced that bhagwan ji listened to Vyom's prayers has brought his sharanya back in life.. I am telling you the ghost is jealous of vyom's loveπŸ˜†

I am excited for the backstory to unfold, i can say that the show will be a relief from kitchen politics and idiocy in the name of mahaan female lead. Thankfully we have a show where male leads are the central characters, and it makes me happy.. I am not trying to put down the female characters of desi shows but yeah most hindi shows do not interest me due to the overdose of women power going wrong in them.

So highlight of first episode:

Vyom's challenge to Goddess
Vyom's dad's grand swimming pool
The bhoot sending a bouquet to Vyom πŸ€£

I have been so starved of desi romance that I'd probably lap up anything thrown my way- given it's NOT coming from Gul Maata's brand! 

I don't mind a male-centric or female-centric show- the writing and the acting has to be good, bas. πŸ˜ƒ

A ghost being jealous of Vyom's love doesn't make a lot of sense, I'm hoping for the characters (esp Sharanya) show some gray shades as the story unfolds. Nothing excites me like a Desi serial having a Gray female lead πŸ˜Ž
PrincessAshVik thumbnail

Originally posted by: TeAmo_Messi

One more thing, is it possible that Shiv is trying to kill sharanya because she took away Vyom from him?🀣

I was in splits when Vyom received the bouquet and he went mad, i have this secret wish to see the males having a back story instead of just being a typical ashiq of sharanya who hates each other 

Hahaha!!!
This is taking the bromance to another levelπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ€£
PrincessAshVik thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnOptimist

Hey Shelly πŸ˜³

Thanks for your honest take. I was just waiting for someone to give daily analysis of episodes & see, here you are πŸ˜ƒ You can summarize well. Welcome to the forum!! Looking forward to more of such posts from you πŸ˜³

BTW, trolling thodi kam bhi ho toh chalega πŸ˜† We're fangirls here πŸ˜†

Yes Shelly, fangirls here😳
I'm scared to read your take on NPπŸ˜³πŸ˜‰

.Lilith. thumbnail

Originally posted by: PrincessAshVik

Also, there was an article that mentioned Sharanya is also grey. And there was a 10 sec trailer which has Namik's voiceover:

Uss Ne Waqt Samajh Kar Guzaar Diya Mujhe
Aur Main Zindagi Samajh Kar Usse Jeeta Raha

Looks pretty interesting so far...

Saaarraaa babyyy!!! πŸ€—

I was hoping to find you here. Glad that I did. 

Coming to the 10 sec trailer- can you provide the link? I don't remember watching THAT. Not to mention it's TOO GOOD of a hint! πŸ˜ƒ

A gray FL is the thaang now, bring it on CVs! πŸ˜Ž