Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
It is the tree's Self chosen journey of placing he boy in her life above everyone including her one self. When what you hold dear is taken away from you , partly because of your oversight, nowhere to seek solace, left with no place to hide your own feelings of anger, regret , hurt and the biggest of them all parental love, then what's left to do is pull up your straps and confront the mighty head on.

The tree isn't done just as yet, the battle for survival begins. Desperate time calls for desperate measures. Bareilly here I come says Tiku.

Once there was a tree, she loved the little boy , the tree as we know of her so far would go to any extent, to protect the boy and make him hers again.

Absolutely brilliant title for this update. This is again easily your top best Nisha. Loved reading this. This is what we would have missed if you hadn't come back to write for us. Thank you.
๐Ÿ‘
Errantnomad thumbnail
The family tree of vaidyas ...

Harshal, Late Hemant and Harit...

Burden of family legacy and expectations in play here I feel. It's all shrouded in mystery and looks like the 200 yr old white haveli could do with some mirth in the coming days .

This is going to be crazy and this is going to be Cheesy. Waiting for more and more
Neha07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

It is the tree's Self chosen journey of placing he boy in her life above everyone including her one self. When what you hold dear is taken away from you , partly because of your oversight, nowhere to seek solace, left with no place to hide your own feelings of anger, regret , hurt and the biggest of them all parental love, then what's left to do is pull up your straps and confront the mighty head on.

The tree isn't done just as yet, the battle for survival begins. Desperate time calls for desperate measures. Bareilly here I come says Tiku.

Once there was a tree, she loved the little boy , the tree as we know of her so far would go to any extent, to protect the boy and make him hers again.

Absolutely brilliant title for this update. This is again easily your top best Nisha. Loved reading this. This is what we would have missed if you hadn't come back to write for us. Thank you.
๐Ÿ‘

I love your takes on the chapters Kalps. they are as interesting as the update itself . Keep them coming dear
Errantnomad thumbnail
Thanks Neha. The updates are so beautiful and has a lot of literary and poetic inferences, which I'm sure Nisha has been cracking her brain out to give this flow for us. There's a lot of thought that our author is putting behind her writing though my grouse is her calling this as her time pass . It's thoroughly enjoyable .

I'm just waiting for all our folks to get hooked on to CKP as they have been of her other stories.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Kalps for the vote of confidence
I quit sugar COMPLETELY two days ago. I mean coffee and tea taste like shit now
Sorry

Its true

This gives me something to look forward to

(No I am not diabetic... YET๐Ÿ˜ก but just thought I would give it a shot since the rate at which I was going was scaring me)

I am too addicted to sweets

Nisha0604 thumbnail

Still Climbin...

She arrived in Bareilly well before night, calling Garima on the way and explaining the situation to her

Her father was furious she would venture alone in her car, by road, with no help like that

"Rehne do beta, just go home, we can call their lawyer, that's why they are not answering, shaayad unko khud ko is baat ka bura lag raha ho? Shyam Sundar Gupta was frazzled

"Dad jo bache ke school mein jaakar usko lekar gayen hain unko kya bura lag raha hoga? she scoffed

"Just turn around, main Dhruv ko Bareilly bhejta hoon, aur Vibhu ko aapke paas, he begged

"Dad I just want to see him one time she said choking

"Umm.. waha aap kisi ko nahi jaante, unka address bhi maloom hai aapko? "Srishti Hemant ko guzre 2 saal honey ko hai March mein, you don't know anything

Her Mom in the meanwhile was texting her a series of "Don't be foolish "Just return

"How are you even going to solve this thing? "He seems politically connected, please give up teeku

"I love you. I am going to come to Delhi tonight, please return home beta "Its not safe to go by yourself

"I cant go back to that empty house Dad, I feel worse than how I felt on the day Srishti died. How can this be happening to me? "I don't want anything to do with them. They were positively nasty to Hemant for marrying Srishti. Now they want the child?

"Weve been through all that. Its their blood, they can lay claim to it

"HE is not a IT Daddd she screeched

"I get it, but please don't cry, don't drive, turn around

"I TOLD Meeta Bhabhi not to tell you Avantika hung up

She cried all the way to Bareilly mostly

Finding the sessions judge's home was a piece of cake

It was well before sunset. She couldn't drive into the property, there were guards posted outside, two level home in a circular shape with a outer and inner courtyard, it was all white with giant pillars and corridors wrapped around.

She wandered tentatively until a man in white shirt and white pant, paused and enquired who she was looking for

"Umm.. Mr Vaidya? she asked trying to compose herself

Her face was red and puffy, her eyes sore from all the frantic rubbing

"JV saab? he asked

"Umm.. Mr Vaidya? she insisted

"JV sir to courat se hi waapis aaye nahi

More employees passed by

"Kitne baje aayenge? she asked

"Ajee who to corat mein maloom chalega aapko, kason ki sunwayee hoti hai he explained carelessly

"who sahib boley rahe, iyan who ghaas sookhi haigi he hollered to a man walking at a distance pushing what looked like a gas powered lawn mower

"Main wait kar loon?

"Hamey kaahe pooch rahi hain, udhar chauth... dahiney jaawen to haiga, bohoth saare log baithe hain he scoffed

She walked over to what looked like a waiting room for the judge's office, sun shone through the tall windows, the arches above the windows had a muslin covering on them, the drapes were heavy linen kind

The furniture old and imperial in dark cherry wood, darkened over time with tall backs and ornate curved armrests with silk like upholstery.

It smelled like incense and old books. The walls had pictures of many oldies in judicial robes... her eyes scanned them... before they got to the picture of the tall young man wearing glasses who looked like Hemant she realized she hadn't texted her parents

She texted her parents to say she had found the home and she was waiting

"Are u even at the right place? "How did they let you into a judge's official residence?

"there was armed security outside, but there are people waiting to plead their case offline she texted

"You have to be careful. Is your phone charged? Where will you stay the night? Do u have extra battery? You don't know anyone. Leave that house before it turns dark teeku

"Yes matey she responded a lil cheerfully

"Stay at a hotel I will find one and book a room, lock the door at night

"Maaa

Her mother sent her a verse instead

"So boy don't you turn back

"Don't you set down on the steps

"cause you finds its kinder hard

"Don't you fall now

For I'se still going honey

I'se still climbin

~Langston Hughes

She waited a whole hour or so

A tall stately woman walked in, she wore her saree differently, like many women wore in UP

The doorman stood up and bowed

"Sahib laute naahi he mumbled

She nodded and turned around

Avantika jumped up, seeing her three of the 11 people waiting did too

"Hum case ke baare mein kuch jaante nahi, bas chai pila sakte hain she smiled warmly

"Umm.. Maam main Delhi se aayi hoon

The woman's expression became grim, as her face paled

"Uh... umm.. please baith jaayen

"Mera naam Avantika Gupta hai, main Chandan ki... "Umm.. I am here to see Chandan she couldn't stop her tears at that point

The woman looked uneasy

"Paani laate hain, aap baitho she said not sure how to break the news that her son had gone to bring the grand child and they were still on their way.

"Chandu hai yaha pe? she asked with a lot of hope

"Nahi... abhi aaye nahi the woman acknowledged, painfully and watched Avantika's enthusiasm shatter

Errantnomad thumbnail
Nisha, the first two weeks are bleh!!! Then it tastes so good that you won't be able to have it with sugar even by mistake. Filter coffee's flavor is enhanced without sugar.
I got used to coffee easily but chai was difficult . The first sugarless chai I enjoyed was at Mithaas in jersey city. I thought ok this also can be managed.

In my case, I lost my hearing in 2011 for about 2 months. It started with what we assumed was a middle ear infection, antibiotics did not work , then it was partial hearing loss and then gradually worsened to total hearing loss both ears. Yes I've visited the totally deaf space. Turned out to be some weird blood infection , very freakish . Couple of surgeries ltr and lots of steroids... classified me as diabetic. Got my hearing bk gradually over a period of next three months. Those 16 days in hospital was hell dead silent.

I told the dr that I did not want to go on meds yet . She said it's a train. It will catch up with you. I told her, I wanted to try controlling without going on the pills. It's been 7 yrs now, still managing only through diet, no meds as yet. So every qtr, have to do my blood levels, the official status is diabetic on diet for records mentioned as certain antibiotics could work against me. It's a struggle . It's pain but the funny part was I started liking sweets only after I was classified as one. I loose control so easily at times but thankfully have been able to pull it bk quickly. Let's see how far I can compete against the train.

Good luck with off sugar trial.

Errantnomad thumbnail
Hey. Wrong timing ...my post on sugar . Early update yippee!!! ๐Ÿ˜›
Errantnomad thumbnail
Avantika has got a great motivation in her M. Phil in English educated mom. Himani Gupta is a Treasure trove . It's scary to take off like this, literally to a land of unknown variables. The concerns of her parents obvious

This whole set up gives a very intimitidating vibe for me. Thank God Mrs. Vaidya seems to be warm.
How is she going to ease herself in to this set up Nisha. Daunting enough as it is.

May be Avantika Will herself wonder few yrs down the lane, as to what' possessed her to just drive and make that way to Bareilly from Delhi.

Steep climb it is but there's no turning bk. The mom's dead right.
Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Nisha, the first two weeks are bleh!!! Then it tastes so good that you won't be able to have it with sugar even by mistake. Filter coffee's flavor is enhanced without sugar.
I got used to coffee easily but chai was difficult . The first sugarless chai I enjoyed was at Mithaas in jersey city. I thought ok this also can be managed.

In my case, I lost my hearing in 2011 for about 2 months. It started with what we assumed was a middle ear infection, antibiotics did not work , then it was partial hearing loss and then gradually worsened to total hearing loss both ears. Yes I've visited the totally deaf space. Turned out to be some weird blood infection , very freakish . Couple of surgeries ltr and lots of steroids... classified me as diabetic. Got my hearing bk gradually over a period of next three months. Those 16 days in hospital was hell dead silent.

I told the dr that I did not want to go on meds yet . She said it's a train. It will catch up with you. I told her, I wanted to try controlling without going on the pills. It's been 7 yrs now, still managing only through diet, no meds as yet. So every qtr, have to do my blood levels, the official status is diabetic on diet for records mentioned as certain antibiotics could work against me. It's a struggle . It's pain but the funny part was I started liking sweets only after I was classified as one. I loose control so easily at times but thankfully have been able to pull it bk quickly. Let's see how far I can compete against the train.

Good luck with off sugar trial. 

Thanks for sharing that poignant story Kalps
My teen got a million ear infections when he was little and almost ruined his left ear canal
Discovered by accident in 2016 August during a routine well check, after being unable to hear  well on the left for years.
There was a bone growth and tissue wrapped all around it, CT scan, biopsy, all sorts of terrifying scares followed to determine it was non cancerous

Took surgery of over 3 hours to strip the tissue off, grind the bone down  Feb 13 2017
They cut open all along the back of his ear and sewed it up

I have had my health challenges too
Sugar is my undoing
It has been 30 hours since I ate anything with sugar

I dont feel tired or have cravings
My well check indicates if I dont cut sugar down I will be a diabetic in the next 5 years

Bottomline
Life IS  a bitch
There is no excuse for being unkind and treating people poorly 
 reading as many sappy love stories as you can helps with kicking the sugar off๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by Nisha0604 - 6 years ago