Happy Birthday Hema Malini! Post your favourite films and songs ft her - Page 11

Poll

Your favourite Hema Malini film?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DriftInfinitely thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Sunny Deol was the first person to see me at home after my accident: Hema Malini

Written by Priyanka Sharma | Mumbai |  

Since her wedding to superstar Dharmendra in 1979, the one thing that veteran actor Hema Malini has strictly steered away from speaking about in public is her equation with her husband's children with his first wife. Of course, the media has speculated a lot about her bond (or lack) of it with Dharmendra's sons Sunny and Bobby Deol.

But in her biography, Beyond Dream Girl, that was unveiled today on her 69th birthday, Malini breaks her silence on her relationship with Sunny and Bobby.

She also addressed it at the launch of the book authored by Ram Kamal Mukherjee. When Mukherjee asked her about it saying that this is something the media wants to know, Malini interrupted him with a frankness that is typical of her. "Beyond Hema Malini means this has to come Sunny Deol and Bobby Deol, she taunted Mukherjee.

As the audience laughed, Malini casually carried on. "Everyone wonders what kind of a relationship we (she and Sunny) are having. It is very beautiful and cordial. Whenever it is necessary he (Sunny) is always there, along with Dharam ji, especially when this accident happened.
"He was the first person to come to see me at home and he saw that the right doctor is there for the stitches that were done on my face. I was really taken aback to see him showing so much interest. That shows what kind of a relationship we are having, Malini said.

The actor-MP met with a road accident near Dausa, Rajasthan, on July 2 2015 on her way from Agra to Jaipur, when her Mercedes allegedly rammed into an Alto. Malini reportedly fractured her nose and suffered injuries on her forehead.

Hema Malini has mentioned the accident and the meeting with Sunny in her book as well. The biography was launched by actor Deepika Padukone in the presence of Hema's family, including daughters Esha and Ahana Deol with their respective husbands, and industry colleagues like filmmaker Ramesh Sippy and Subhash Ghai. 

Dharmendra was conspicuous by his absence. At the event, Deepika read out a letter by Pamela Chopra, wife of late filmmaker Yash Chopra, who directed Hema Malini in many hit films like Trishul and Veer Zara. Pamela showering praise on Malini's beauty and the way she conducted her career wrote, "You are pristine and in your long career, you always showed grace and dignity, something very few actresses have.

Also, 50 of her colleagues including megastar Amitabh Bachchan, Jeetendra, Vyjayanthimala (who Hema Malini, in the book, calls the biggest influence on her career) and Shatrughan Sinha send their best wishes, which were compiled in an audio-video presentation.

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/sunny-deol-was-the-first-person-to-see-me-at-home-after-my-accident-hema-malini-4893725/
Edited by DriftInfinitely - 6 years ago
 Esha Deol's Black And White Pic On Mom Hema Malini's Birthday Is Pure Gold
Amrita thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Image result for hema malini photo
ahana-deol-vaibhav-engagement-1
Hema Malini continued to work after marriage and so many of her major films came post her marriage. So rare in Bollywood even today!
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: DriftInfinitely

Hema Malini continued to work after marriage and so many of her major films came post her marriage. So rare in Bollywood even today!

True she got to work in good movies with meaty roles after getting married

Dharam was fine with his wife working all the time as he had one wife who stayed home and looked after of himEdited by ---Betty--- - 6 years ago

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

True she got to work in good movies with meaty roles after getting married

Dharam was fine with his wife working all the time as he had one wife who stayed home and looked after of him

Yes, not only good films, but mainstream films like Satte Pe Satta and Naseeb, both opposite AB Sr!

Nowadays, most actresses seem to do offbeat films once they get married, if they work in films at all.

As for Dharamendra's first wife, yes, hardly hear anything about her. I did read one interview of hers recently though. 
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail