Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

liberiangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
One is Kishore, but the other doesn't at all sound like Sonu.
Are you sure it's him?   If yes, am shocked.  He sounds so different and to be honest, not all that great.  That could be because you hear one line of Kishore's followed by one line of Sonu's and ofcourse Kishore is a great singer!

As much as I love Sonu, he kinda falls flat when you listen to their voices played alongside. ðŸ˜²
awsome.moments thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
^^^ finally a music post. I was wondering did KR and HR eat up all of those. Anyways thanks. I always love sonu and this is no exception. KK was a voice and Sonu is magic. (For me). I'm sure lots of people will disagree but I love Sonu here as much as I love KK
awsome.moments thumbnail

Originally posted by: liberiangirl

One is Kishore, but the other doesn't at all sound like Sonu.

Are you sure it's him? If yes, am shocked. He sounds so different and to be honest, not all that great. That could be because you hear one line of Kishore's followed by one line of Sonu's and ofcourse Kishore is a great singer!

As much as I love Sonu, he kinda falls flat when you listen to their voices played alongside.😲

There are times when sonu is the first line and KK is the second line if I'm not mistaken. So it's difficult to clearly make out. Is that not right?
simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Yes in the middle for a little bit it's sonu first and then Kishore Kumar but you can clearly make out the difference through out. Sonu is not sounding completely like himself. He sang it in a controlled manner to match Kishores voice. While I like both of them, here the original voice and lines stood out very clearly for me.
liberiangirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: awsome.moments

There are times when sonu is the first line and KK is the second line if I'm not mistaken. So it's difficult to clearly make out. Is that not right?

It is.  But it is pretty easy to tell Kishore's voice.
liberiangirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: simim

Yes in the middle for a little bit it's sonu first and then Kishore Kumar but you can clearly make out the difference through out. Sonu is not sounding completely like himself. He sang it in a controlled manner to match Kishores voice. While I like both of them, here the original voice and lines stood out very clearly for me.

+1

I love Sonu.  I think he's the best we have today.  But he did sound kinda off in this song.  I thought he also sounded kinda off in "Maana ke hum yaar nahi" from Meri Pyari Bindu as well.  
awsome.moments thumbnail

Originally posted by: liberiangirl

It is. But it is pretty easy to tell Kishore's voice.

Hey I would be the first person to say that Sonu is nowhere near to the earlier greats KK, Rafi, Asha, Lata, SW.. but still for this one song at the risk of committing blasphemy o would say he edges out KK. You just feel that KK is better coz uve heard and reheard the original version like a gazillion times