Frequent Posters

LegolasGondolin thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
CASTING begins

MCCCVerified account @MukeshChhabraCC
FollowFollow @MukeshChhabraCC
More

'1983' Director: Kabir Khan Reaching out to actors 22-35 year old who have a cricketing background. A resemblance to the players of 1983 world cup cricket team is preferable. Actors/ Cricketers can reach us at [email protected]. @CastingChhabra

10:54 PM - 14 Dec 2017
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hope they cast a good team .
After all,  it's about team. 
#kapilsdevils 

Kabir Khan: Ranveer Singh needs to retain his identity while playing Kapil

Talking about his upcoming film in which Ranveer Singh will portray the role of Kapil Dev, director Kabir Khan said that Ranveer has already begun preparations for his role in the film.

SHARES
By: PTI | Mumbai | Published: December 19, 2017 5:11 pm
Ranveer Singh will portray the role of Kapil Dev in 83Ranveer has already begun preparations for his role in the 83.

In his upcoming directorial venture 83, which is based on India's first Cricket World Cup win in 1983, filmmaker Kabir Khan says his attempt is to let Ranveer Singh adapt the persona of veteran cricketer Kapil Dev, yet retain his identity.

Underdog India outclassed mighty West Indies by 43 runs in the final played at the Lord's on June 25, 1983 to lift their maiden World Cup under Dev's leadership. "Audience knows he is Ranveer and he is going to play the role of Kapil Dev in the film. Today, there is technology to make Ranveer look exactly like him, but that is not the attempt.

"He needs to get the persona of Dev and yet retain his identity as Ranveer. We want the audience to see and enjoy Ranveer playing Dev, Kabir told PTI in an interview. He said Ranveer has already begun preparations for his role in the film.

"It is a simple brief to Ranveer. He just has to see Kapil Dev playing the game. The iconic body language of Kapil Dev, the way he used to bowl, bat. He (Dev) is monitoring it (training), he added. Kabir said the members of the 1983 World Cup team are set to supervise and coach the rest of the actors. Several members of the 1983 World Cup winning team, including manager Man Singh, were present at a function whe the director announced the project. The team members such as Roger Binny, K Srikkanth, Madan Lal, Yashpal Sharma, Balwinder Singh Sandhu and Sandeep Patil had narrated some anecdotes dating back to the historic day.

Kabir added he would not need to take "cinematic liberities during the filming as, "there is lot of material, we have hours and hours of sessions with the cricketers (the players), so it is a gold mine of material. The Bajrangi Bhaijaan helmer said the team would be majorly shot in London and they have the support of cricket authorities like the ICC and BCCI.

"We will be shooting mostly in London, the whole story is what happened in London. We can't shoot for seven-eight days at Lord's, it is not possible. But we do have the permission in place to shoot there. "The whole cricket community from all over the world, whether it is the ICC or BCCI is helping. It is such a celebratory story about cricket that any cricketing body would like to support it, Kabir said.

Ranveer Singh Bonds With Deepika Padukone's Father

The makers are yet to rope in actors who would essay the role of other team members. Casting director Mukesh Chhabra is currently busy scouting for talent. "We are casting not only for the Indian team but West Indies as well. We have to cast for Sir Viv Richards and all the greats. So, there will be lot of foreign actors. "There is no leading lady as such in the normal way that we look at Indian cinema. It is a true story about a team, so obviously their wives will be there, they are central characters, he said.

Excited to portray legend Kapil on screen: Ranveer Singh

PTI | Dec 24, 2017, 16:09 IST
Ranveer Singh. (PTI Photo)Ranveer Singh. (PTI Photo)
NEW DELHI: Actor Ranveer Singh, who is portraying the character of India's first World Cup-winning captain Kapil Devin the movie '83', says he is excited to "get into the skin of such a legendary player".
Ranveer was on Friday unveiled as India's first brand ambassador of the world famous English Premier League (EPL) football.

"It should be exciting to get into the skin of such a legendary player. I am really looking forward to it but it is going to be a while before I commence work on it," the effervescent actor said.

On the upcoming projects he added, "Right now I am committed to the film. I have not officially started work. I am doing two movies before that. First in line is Gully Boy directed by Zoya Akhtar, after that I have Simba directed by Rohit Shetty.

"At the end of the year I will start prepping for the 1983 movie."

Edited by LegolasGondolin - 6 years ago
In 2018 Ranveer has Padmavati , Gully and Simba ? AN this in 2019

Originally posted by: FrancoBaldwin

In 2018 Ranveer has Padmavati , Gully and Simba ? AN this in 2019

Yes I am super excited for him ðŸ˜ƒ
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Release date announced!

Reliance EntertainmentVerified account @RelianceEnt 
More

Mark your calendar! 83 will be releasing on August 30, 2019. 83 stars @RanveerOfficial. Directed by @kabirkhankk. @FuhSePhantom @83_thefilm

Vickat_4evr thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
https://www.indiatoday.in/movies/bollywood/story/ranveer-singh-kapil-dev-83-film-release-date-1161640-2018-02-04
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
After reading Kabir's interview I have realised, this is a huge film. 
It's not the story of one man,  but a team. 

And happy that there is no big heroine but some actresses will be playing their wives. 

Casting will be interesting . Indian and windies players😊
Shifted from April 2019 to August 2019 ??