Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dabang4life thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Kishore is very overrated.. so rafi it's for me

I even put mukesh ahead of kishore!! I think the stardom of Amitabh and Rajesh Khana helped kishore massively!!
iambest thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
 i love kishore kumar songs but he was a limited singer...but he is overrated even now if people consider him the only best thing happened to music ...he could not sing what rafi already sang in his peak era...rafi ko 30 saal peak main rehne ke baad kishore uper aye thay 70;s main ...and kishore came to become actor first he become singer by luck ...rafi sahab sang songs of all genre be it romantic, sad , filmy , ghazal , bhajans , naats , gurbani , he is one voice who sang sukh ke sab saathi , jai tu baliya tan man de naal , o duniya ke rakhwale to sar jo tera chakraye ya dil dooba jaaye , to parda hai parda to likhe jo khat tujey to asmaan se aya farishta to love in tokiyo to deep yeh reshmi zulfien to badan pe sitaray to chalte tere ankhoon se sharab aur zayada ...sonu followed this patch of rafi he sang in different zone and different genres so hence was ahead of his contemprory kumar sanu or udit narayan who were limited beatiful voice singers  Edited by iambest - 6 years ago
DriftInfinitely thumbnail
Very hard to choose. :/

Originally posted by: iambest

i love kishore kumar songs but he was a limited singer...but he is overrated even now if people consider him the only best thing happened to music ...he could not sing what rafi already sang in his peak era...rafi ko 30 saal peak main rehne ke baad kishore uper aye thay 70;s main ...and kishore came to become actor first he become singer by luck ...rafi sahab sang songs of all genre be it romantic, sad , filmy , ghazal , bhajans , naats , gurbani , he is one voice who sang sukh ke sab saathi , jai tu baliya tan man de naal , o duniya ke rakhwale to sar jo tera chakraye ya dil dooba jaaye , to parda hai parda to likhe jo khat tujey to asmaan se aya farishta to love in tokiyo to deep yeh reshmi zulfien to badan pe sitaray to chalte tere ankhoon se sharab aur zayada ...sonu followed this patch of rafi he sang in different zone and different genres so hence was ahead of his contemprory kumar sanu or udit narayan who were limited beatiful voice singers

Rafi didn't rule for 30 years sadly.
Late 50s and 60s, yes. 70s, no. Before late 50s, he wasn't huge.

I think that being sidelined in the 70s caused him great pain, but that's how Bollywood works.

As for Sonu being miles ahead of all his contemporaries- I disagree, but that's a discussion for another thread!

Originally posted by: dabang4life

Kishore is very overrated.. so rafi it's for me

I even put mukesh ahead of kishore!! I think the stardom of Amitabh and Rajesh Khana helped kishore massively!!

Mukesh was good but a very limited singer.
Ahead of Kishore? Not really. Unless you prefer Mukesh's voice type, which is different.
Its an insult to Rafi saab to be compared to the overrated Kishore Kumar.
iambest thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DriftInfinitely

Rafi didn't rule for 30 years sadly.
Late 50s and 60s, yes. 70s, no. Before late 50s, he wasn't huge.

I think that being sidelined in the 70s caused him great pain, but that's how Bollywood works.

As for Sonu being miles ahead of all his contemporaries- I disagree, but that's a discussion for another thread!

rafi was delvering hits in 70's as well ...but in 70's kishore was also doing well to keep himself upto standard of rafi . ...regarding sonu with contemprories yeah its another topic lol but yeah i can say udit and kumar sanu didnt variated as much as like sonu  and these 2 were the 80 percent of 90's so my comment was for over all singing only because sonu have variated much like rafi he sang kahan raja bhoj in complely differnt tone to aslam bahi differnt kind to satrange re different kind he didnt stuck only on melody songs and have attempted some most difficult hindi songs too like soona soona from classicaly mild😊

Originally posted by: iambest

rafi was delvering hits in 70's as well ...but in 70's kishore was also doing well to keep himself upto standard of rafi . ...regarding sonu with contemprories yeah its another topic lol but yeah i can say udit and kumar sanu didnt variated as much as like sonu and these 2 were the 80 percent of 90's so my comment was for over all singing only because sonu have variated much like rafi he sang kahan raja bhoj in complely differnt tone to aslam bahi differnt kind to satrange re different kind he didnt stuck only on melody songs and have attempted some most difficult hindi songs too like soona soona from classicaly mild😊

Rafi gave hits in 70s, but he was no longer sought after as he was previously.

70s was a KK era in that sense.

Rafi was distraught about this, understandably so. And it's a shame but he was underutilised in the 70s. I guess KK's voice worked very well for Rajesh Khanna and later AB.
DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Fantasy Force

Kishore Kumar. He was unique. There is no one like him.
No disrespect to Mohammed Rafi. He was also great singer.
Edited by Krishnala- - 6 years ago