Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Santiago24

Hello hello 

First up, Annie, you did raise a point which had been nagging me too..

That for all the bravado and ruthlessness , he has put up with Devi's vehemence a lot and that putting up, howmuchever I may love to believe that it's Devi's win, I cannot help but admit that adhiraj did let her get away with it.. for ex. A show like ghulam says to what extent the FL can be suppressed in certain circumstances.

That said, I was wondering as to why this leeway from adhiraj. He can snap her into two at any time and that led to me to think as you pointed that, perhaps he has been smitten. But the CVS cleverly questioned him on that angle today via the bhabhi..wjere the bhabhi asks him that you could have done it a certain way and why did you kinda pay heed to the girl s requests of rituals
He did give an answer which quashes any hope of him being smitten for now unless he chose not to say much to the bhabhi or maybe he himself is not aware of it yet.

As for the show being an adaptation of joganjog, one of the prime themes there was of marital rape. I will certainly not be able to stomacb that as the ML is irredeemable after that.. 
And going by the TRP audience, consummation of any order so early in the show s timeline will kill any appetite for it.. though I do not understand the psyche behind that 

What do you think? 

@bold:  I thought he took Devi's talk of rituals and forced marriage as a challenge...and that is why he was doing things as she said.  

He gave her what 5 or 6 days and then said she'd come to him for the marriage.  Of course he's going to corner her until she has no choice left...but from his end...he's completing the challenge.
kewlkidz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't think he's smitten by her, he lives in a house and town where he is feared(with exception of his mom) and his actions to date has not been questioned(even by police). Now comes a girl, who he is hell bent on taking revenge from, due to a past incident but instead of a timid scared girl he got a fire cracker in his hand. This attitude of her challenges him, the game they are playing excites him as he has never been challenged, specially by a girl. Her tit for tat attitude is amusing him.
One thing he has noticed about her is she will not inconvenience others due to her (train incidence) hence he used mehendi wali to force devi into applying his mehendi. Her calling him rapist has affected him, he even asks her "i am a rapist?" When she answers yes, you kidnap and marry a girl against her wish its equal to rape. Shadi is rasam etc... Hence he took it as a challenge, he's like I will do all the rasams and you will come to me and i will marry you in front of whole town and your family.

Him watching her pics on laptop is more of panther stalking his hunt rather than him being smitten by her. Right now he wants to win, to him she represents a wild horse who has to be tamed.

Coming to marital rape, I don't think adhi will do it. From what we have seen so far he's not that kind of guy who eyes women in that way. His bhabhi practically parades around him exposing so much and never once did he glance at her, devi used  the word rapist and instead of forcefully marrying her, he let her go challenging she will come to him within 6 days. Looks like He is a gunda with principles.
QueenAnnie18 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@Santiago24
@Fatima_Q
@kewlkidz

Thanks guys for your views on this post. I can understand that Adhiraj is not really smitten by Devi but he is definitely captivated by Devi's bravery and confidence. I think he perceives Devi like a puzzle which he is trying to solve and he feels that he will solve it successfully. You can recall his dialogue "ab maja away ga is khel mai" So yes not "smitten" but Devi has definitely piqued his interest. 

I hope Adhiraj does not commit marital rape if that is what the story of book says. I agree with Santiago24 that keeping in view Indian tv norms, Cvs would not like to show consummation so early in the show. 
But let's say if the marital rape DOES happen, then I want Devi to emerge stronger and teach some lesson or two to Adhiraj.
Santiago24 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kewlkidz

I don't think he's smitten by her, he lives in a house and town where he is feared(with exception of his mom) and his actions to date has not been questioned(even by police). Now comes a girl, who he is hell bent on taking revenge from, due to a past incident but instead of a timid scared girl he got a fire cracker in his hand. This attitude of her challenges him, the game they are playing excites him as he has never been challenged, specially by a girl. Her tit for tat attitude is amusing him.

One thing he has noticed about her is she will not inconvenience others due to her (train incidence) hence he used mehendi wali to force devi into applying his mehendi. Her calling him rapist has affected him, he even asks her "i am a rapist?" When she answers yes, you kidnap and marry a girl against her wish its equal to rape. Shadi is rasam etc... Hence he took it as a challenge, he's like I will do all the rasams and you will come to me and i will marry you in front of whole town and your family.

Him watching her pics on laptop is more of panther stalking his hunt rather than him being smitten by her. Right now he wants to win, to him she represents a wild horse who has to be tamed.

Coming to marital rape, I don't think adhi will do it. From what we have seen so far he's not that kind of guy who eyes women in that way. His bhabhi practically parades around him exposing so much and never once did he glance at her, devi used  the word rapist and instead of forcefully marrying her, he let her go challenging she will come to him within 6 days. Looks like He is a gunda with principles.

Kewlkid, I think we all are hoping against hope that adhiraj does emerge as a gunda with principles. Am really not gonna give him the benefit of doubt this early.. as for eyeing his bhabhi, he must be used to the skinshow by now! But dear god, does she lust after him or what! 
kewlkidz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ Santiago 24 : i wondered how masa(adhis mom) allows her to wear such clothes. When she was taking mehendi, mom stopped her and told her harshly that a widow should not do it. This shows masa believes in superstitions, then how come she's ok with her skinshow? 
Santiago24 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kewlkidz

@ Santiago 24 : i wondered how masa(adhis mom) allows her to wear such clothes. When she was taking mehendi, mom stopped her and told her harshly that a widow should not do it. This shows masa believes in superstitions, then how come she's ok with her skinshow? 

I really have no clue how she lets it happen! Its all convenience and stereotyping, I feel. To show overt sexuality, make one wear revealing clothes! duh!