Myriad Hues of Friendship

gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Today I write with sadness, a sadness that a show which has so much potential has been reduced to just a couple of episodes.  A show which has not been given a chance due to monetary reasons, A show where a lot of story exists but is reduced to haphazard plots and storytelling due to viewership.
However, I am still attached to this show and here are my thoughts.  I have combined both the weekend episodes in one.

• The underlying theme that I could deduce is the many facets of friendship that was portrayed in the two episodes.
  • D and S, a start of a friendship where the bodyguard who became a friend will do anything to save his friend and her Goals.. he asks her will she not do the same thing for him..a prelude to what will come?...what a beautiful couple they are.  True soulmates.
  • Manikarnika befriends Meghala a friendship which in the guise of friendship is to make war on the enemy without the enemy knowing what hits them.
  • An art of war that D adopts to free her father distract the enemy so that her goal is reached without shedding a drop of blood.. Today both her father and Shivgam witnessed her powers firsthand.. The pterodactyl or whatever that creature was ,was a joke πŸ˜†
  • Meghala befriends Manikarnika and takes her to the palace where Padmavija accepts Manikarnika friendship because she got healed and the Aryavarth sign goes to Manikarnika ..so is that symbolic?..not sure
  • Here Agnimitra parts the water of Narmada  a La Ten commandments but falters as his power fails..he had computer glitches too his ever seeing monitor not working...πŸ˜‰
  • Mahisha got restored his fire powers heads to win his Devasena and befriends Padmavija..a friendship where each of them want different things unlike the true friendship of D and Shivgam
  • Siyala accepts to be a dasi ..to avenge her humiliation..Loved, Loved ,Loved Devasena who stood up for womans rights even though Siyala was the enemy a fair and just queenπŸ‘
  • Padmavija plays her tricks yet again and wants D to kill her father ..so that History can repeat itself..Shivgam now turns into Devasena's  guide how a true friend should be
  • D goes to free her father, a father who is so proud of his daughter and does not want to fall in the eyes of her subjects orders her to kill him
  • D torn between what S says and her duties wants Hahuma to help guide her..but Hahuma dissapeared?πŸ˜‰
  • Meghala goes to Shivgam her love for help when he is immersed in the thoughts of his love Devasena ..and hugs him and this is witnessed by D...will this friendship between Devasena and Shivgam  remain just friendship?
  • Agnimitra befriends the gardener as a way to enter the palace..is in turn befriended by Manikarnika ..oh what a web we weave when we start to decieve
  • What lies ahead?.. Manikarnika is she the long lost son of Sambhavija?, Will D the queen emerge over D the friend and soulmate of Shivgam,?.  Will the fire of Mahisha be doused by the Jal of Shivgam ? Will the two  friends be friends and lovers of a lifetime...alas wish this show was longer.
Closing always with quotes 

For Devasena and Shivgam

I would not wish
Any companion in the world but you.
(The Tempest 3.1.60-1), Miranda to Ferdinand

I desire you in friendship, and I will one way or other make you amends.
(The Merry Wives of Windsor 3.1.133), Antonio

For Manikarnika
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting Sun Tzu

For Padmavija, Agnimitra, Mahisha and Siyala..a more generic quoteπŸ˜‰

Your enemies enemy is my friend..

Thoughts my friends?

Edited by gemini54 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Limo thumbnail
I was waiting for yours and that of Saana's take..

I totally agree with you and am feeling sad, about the untimely decision of Star Plus, I really hope they have a change in heart and let us have the originally intended number of episodes to incorporate all the sub plots of Aarambh..

What stand out in the two recent episodes is the constant influence of J on D and vice-versa Ds impact on J..

I totally was engrossed in the sadness in Js eyes during his dialogue with D, explaining the importance of changing paramparas when it is essential, especially with changing generations and also the fact of how history will perceive D. J explaining to D of how a father in the future would tell about D to their own daughter, was very powerfully depicted

I was totally with Ds dilemma and the different things she tried in each quarter of the night..from trying to free her father, to turning to self reflection, to trying to call on Hahuma or to talking the help of her new formed friend J...KN did full justice to the scenes..

I also liked the gentle persuasion by J to begin with and then J giving a ultimatum of loosing both Ds father as well as J, if D decision is extreme and confined / conformed by traditional values rather than breaking free from them..how I adore RDXs acting capabilities, I again ask where was RDX all this time...very impactful...

I was smitten by RDXs eyes portraying sadness.. I could resonate with his eyes..

I felt sad for both D and J today.. what a turmoil...I felt the pain and conflict they portrayed. I also rejoiced the soul connection and pull..

Madhoo.. again a brilliant actress...how I dislike both Queen S and her twin...cunning, crafty, deceitful... the use for her sisters husband Silamban is over, hence, she didn't even bat her eyelids, when she ployed for him to die / be killed - honour killed by D... how cruel and vindictive a person she is.. no soul at all..

Manikarnika / Mahisha / Indramitra had the usual kind of presence that is required to progress the story. Ds sister M continues with her belief on J, she felt he was responsible for freeing her father and wanted him to stop what was due to happen to her father... sweetheart, but still in between D and J...

Overall, the 2 episodes touched the same raw feelings in me, as the buzz outside about the shows future..

Thank you for your review of the last 2 episodes Edited by Limo - 6 years ago
gemini54 thumbnail
Thanks a lot Limo for your kind words..may I know your name?

Originally posted by: Limo

I was waiting for yours and that of Saana's take..

Just like you I was waiting for Sanaa take too

I totally agree with you and am feeling sad, about the untimely decision of Star Plus, I really hope they have a change in heart and let us have the originally intended number of episodes to incorporate all the sub plots of Aarambh..

Yes very sad indeed πŸ˜­

What stand out in the two recent episodes is the constant influence of J on D and vice-versa Ds impact on J..
πŸ‘...Beautiful isnt that what a true love story of friendship is about?

I totally was engrossed in the sadness in Js eyes during his dialogue with D, explaining the importance of changing paramparas when it is essential, especially with changing generations and also the fact of how history will perceive D. J explaining to D of how a father in the future would tell about D to their own daughter, was very powerfully depicted 

Yes totally loved it..it really showed the importance of blindly clinging to a parampara because it is one can lead us to repeat all our mistakes and make little progress

I was totally with Ds dilemma and the different things she tried in each quarter of the night..from trying to free her father, to turning to self reflection, to trying to call on Hahuma or to talking the help of her new formed friend J...KN did full justice to the scenes..

I also liked the gentle persuasion by J to begin with and then J giving a ultimatum of loosing both Ds father as well as J, if D decision is extreme and confined / conformed by traditional values rather than breaking free from them..how I adore RDXs acting capabilities, I again ask where was RDX all this time...very impactful...

Yes but any change does not happen overnight and one who is as steeped in tradition as Devasena is it is very hard for her to come out especially since she is also the future Queen..that is why they say uneasy lies the head which dons the crown..I really feel for her

I was smitten by RDXs eyes portraying sadness.. I could resonate with his eyes..

I felt sad for both D and J today.. what a turmoil...I felt the pain and conflict they portrayed. I also rejoiced the soul connection and pull..
πŸ‘..that is what makes it all the more sad and this story has so much potential

Madhoo.. again a brilliant actress...how I dislike both Queen S and her twin...cunning, crafty, deceitful... the use for her sisters husband Silamban is over, hence, she didn't even bat her eyelids, when she ployed for him to die / be killed - honour killed by D... how cruel and vindictive a person she is.. no soul at all..

Yes , she is brilliant

Manikarnika / Mahisha / Indramitra had the usual kind of presence that is required to progress the story. Ds sister M continues with her belief on J, she felt he was responsible for freeing her father and wanted him to stop what was due to happen to her father... sweetheart, but still in between D and J...

Overall, the 2 episodes touched the same raw feelings in me, as the buzz outside about the shows future..

Yes the same for me that I forayed into writing a fiction maybe with a happier endingπŸ˜‰

Thank you for your review of the last 2 episodes

candy02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Really don't know what to write and whether there is anything to write !! Such a great potential now has been reduced to a mere few haphazard incoherent sequences. And I absolutely don't blame the makers. It is bound to happen in case one is asked to complete the remaining 70% of the story within 6-8 episodes !!! It really is pathetic that such a story-line, characterizations & power-packed performances could not draw the viewership required for a decent TRP !!! Can we really complain that ITV is stuck only with the absolute monochromatic theme of "criminal MLs manhandling/abusing ablaa bichaari FLs" !!! If some PH tries to venture out and be courageous enough to take the plunge, this is what will be the end result !!! So, why will any take the risk, when there is guarantee of failure !!! Until and unless the rating system is changed, I suppose we should forget about having something palatable on our platter. 

Now my two cents ...

Mekhla has very easily parted ways with the lion plaque; which is, for her, a part of Shivgam himself. MK is carrying the plaque without any apparent protection. Again, Padmavija did not notice the light emitting jewelry adorning Manikarnika's hair !!!

VD has anyways totally forgotten about his mission and has become 1000% devoted to his new found BFF πŸ˜†. Not that I am complaining πŸ˜† !!! The oddity is that he touches the princess (obviously not inappropriately) quite frequently !!! Last week they were stressing too much on trust & deception. This week it is friendship. Hope they do not end this series showing DS & VD becoming better than best friends πŸ˜†. Anyways, in the last episode VD was too serene, calm, composed and seemingly matured. I felt like I was watching VD 1.0, thanks to his changed stance & mannerisms.

Devsena's stance w.r.t. Siyala - as expected from an empress.

I might have become a bit nostalgic. But I was imagining that I saw Arvamudan in Silamban in the last episode.  That tender father/daughter bond, which was absent till now, was palpable. But I could not understand Silamban's logic. One needs to carry on with a tradition in order to gain a positive image even when the tradition is heinous  !!!

Sambhavija once mentioned that she had killed all her male offspring. Now how come she is talking about her son !!! 

Maran's blabbering yesterday - has the female grip on Dravid society loosened !!!

The sequences of events in this incarnation have come to the apparent identical juncture as the earlier one, i.e. a daughter is being forced to kill her own father in the names of honour & tradition. Last time Varundev unknowingly became the primary driving force behind the same, this time he is trying his level best to stop this crime. Will this incident trigger the flow of the memories hidden in their subconscious !!!

Why "shaahi" !!!!

Hahuma has disappeared 😲 !!!

When will be the duel between Agni & Varun !!!

The pterodactyl disappointed me as well πŸ˜” !!!

Acting have always been top-notch πŸ‘ .. We are really lucky & unlucky both ...

Last ...

Life is not about who is real to your face. It's about who is real behind your back.

Forgiving someone is easy, but being able to trust them again is a totally different story.

utsave vyasane chaiva durbhikshe raashtra-viplave 
raajadwaare shmashaane yatishthhati cha sa vaandhavah
                                                                      - Chanakya
Edited by chandrima02 - 6 years ago
Limo thumbnail
My name is Monica, may I know yours..

Thank you for keeping the interest intact in the trying times..
Edited by Limo - 6 years ago
_Payalj_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sabita, when you manufacture a product to sell, you have to ensure that it is as per the taste of the target customers. Forget trp aunties, aarambh couldn't catch the fancy of even the progressive and educated online audience.
The death knell of the show sounded when they showed  Chamundi wanting another husband inspite of being married to a guy like Devsena's father.

The over cruelty and Sambhavija portrayal in the beginning were further nails in the shows coffin.

Now they are trying to correct it by making Sambhavija holier than thou, using words like suhaag, sindoor etc etc but it's too little, too late. A woman who is allowed to have 4 husbands talking about suhaag, vidhwa and all sounds like a joke.

Then in a hurry to try different tracks, they made Jaldev a literal assistant to Devsena. You don't butcher your greatest strength. Rajnish duggal was the greatest asset the show had and currently he has no role except following Devsena like a puppy. Indian audience doesn't appreciate a guy who has no love or sense of responsibility towards his motherland or family.

Overall they have made so many errors that there is no way the show can now be accepted by the audience

apolloartemis thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Great to read your take! Honestly I was bummed by the news and too busy writing my fanfic to do justice to the episodes. I'll be interested to see how they wrap up in the next 4 episodss, and I hope it ends well at this point. And of course all success to RDX and KN who thankfully have bigger projects to go back to. Fingers crossed that they will work together again!

Going to the episodes- I think it's obvious that the previous incarnations are merging with the current ones as the intensity accelerates. DS's reluctance is part of her subconsciously feeling DS 1.0's pain and partly because she has had a different upbringing. At that point also the humiliation factor for Dravidian society was much more, which was a major reason DS 1.0 killed her dad.

I loved loved the increased closeness- friendship? Bah! Please don't be stuck in this for too long! And Mahisha is back. Now there are two kabab mein haddi for DS and JD. Bah!

Indramitra is hilarious. That's all I have to say. I kinda like the dynamic between him and Maran.

Padmavija and Sambhajiva remain weak points. Honestly I cringe when they are the on the screen. I like Madhoo but putting so much emphasis on them was a mistake I feel. I would have much preferred if post reincarnation the story had been more about JD and DS rather than the characters around them. The writing was tighter pre leap I think.

And yes, this would have been better as a movie than a tv series.

gemini54 thumbnail
You summed up all I felt in these lines. 

Originally posted by: chandrima02

Really don't know what to write and whether there is anything to write !! Such a great potential now has been reduced to a mere few haphazard incoherent sequences. And I absolutely don't blame the makers. It is bound to happen in case one is asked to complete the remaining 70% of the story within 6-8 episodes !!! It really is pathetic that such a story-line, characterizations & power-packed performances could not draw the viewership required for a decent TRP !!! Can we really complain that ITV is stuck only with the absolute monochromatic theme of "criminal MLs manhandling/abusing ablaa bichaari FLs" !!! If some PH tries to venture out and be courageous enough to take the plunge, this is what will be the end result !!! So, why will any take the risk, when there is guarantee of failure !!! Until and unless the rating system is changed, I suppose we should forget about having something palatable on our platter. 

Now my two cents ...

Mekhla has very easily parted ways with the lion plaque; which is, for her, a part of Shivgam himself. MK is carrying the plaque without any apparent protection. Again, Padmavija did not notice the light emitting jewelry adorning Manikarnika's hair !!!

Yes discrepancy galore ..but blame it on trying to fit a storyline within a couple of episodes

VD has anyways totally forgotten about his mission and has become 1000% devoted to his new found BFF πŸ˜†. Not that I am complaining πŸ˜† !!! The oddity is that he touches the princess (obviously not inappropriately) quite frequently !!! Last week they were stressing too much on trust & deception. This week it is friendship. Hope they do not end this series showing DS & VD becoming better than best friends πŸ˜†. Anyways, in the last episode VD was too serene, calm, composed and seemingly matured. I felt like I was watching VD 1.0, thanks to his changed stance & mannerisms.

I love Varundev and just as Jaldev was growing on me this thing ends.. I am not even sure if they can show the love growing due to the time constraints

Devsena's stance w.r.t. Siyala - as expected from an empress.

Yes loved her she was stellar

I might have become a bit nostalgic. But I was imagining that I saw Arvamudan in Silamban in the last episode.  That tender father/daughter bond, which was absent till now, was palpable. But I could not understand Silamban's logic. One needs to carry on with a tradition in order to gain a positive image even when the tradition is heinous  !!!

Tell me about it..convoluted logic

Sambhavija once mentioned that she had killed all her male offspring. Now how come she is talking about her son !!! 

Maran's blabbering yesterday - has the female grip on Dravid society loosened !!!

The sequences of events in this incarnation have come to the apparent identical juncture as the earlier one, i.e. a daughter is being forced to kill her own father in the names of honour & tradition. Last time Varundev unknowingly became the primary driving force behind the same, this time he is trying his level best to stop this crime. Will this incident trigger the flow of the memories hidden in their subconscious !!!

Hopefully they show all loops closing elegantly but dont have much hopes because even though I am attached to this show the glaring looseness in the script and execution was visible in the last two episodes

Why "shaahi" !!!!
?

Hahuma has disappeared 😲 !!!

When will be the duel between Agni & Varun !!!

The pterodactyl disappointed me as well πŸ˜” !!!

Acting have always been top-notch πŸ‘ .. We are really lucky & unlucky both ...

Last ...

Life is not about who is real to your face. It's about who is real behind your back.

Forgiving someone is easy, but being able to trust them again is a totally different story.

utsave vyasane chaiva durbhikshe raashtra-viplave 
raajadwaare shmashaane yatishthhati cha sa vaandhavah
                                                                      - Chanakya

Chanakya I believe wrote the art of war even before Sun Tzu

p.s after this show closes I will sure miss all you wonderful writers and virtual friends😭

gemini54 thumbnail
Payal my girl as always hits the nail on the headπŸ‘.. It is very sad that this show which had such potential has to end like this.
you are right first lesson in Marketing know your audience..they failed in that I think

Originally posted by: _Payalj_

Sabita, when you manufacture a product to sell, you have to ensure that it is as per the taste of the target customers. Forget trp aunties, aarambh couldn't catch the fancy of even the progressive and educated online audience.

People keep talking about TRP aunties.. I may fall in that category too based on my age but maybe not  based on where I live..I think there is an inherent bias that either only a certain age group watches the shows on TV and the content is catered to them and also that certain age group is not acceptable for change..in my case I belong to that first age category and embrace change as that is the only constant  so I am confused about this TRP aunties term..maybe because I left India a long time ago

The death knell of the show sounded when they showed  Chamundi wanting another husband inspite of being married to a guy like Devsena's father.

The over cruelty and Sambhavija portrayal in the beginning were further nails in the shows coffin.

Now they are trying to correct it by making Sambhavija holier than thou, using words like suhaag, sindoor etc etc but it's too little, too late. A woman who is allowed to have 4 husbands talking about suhaag, vidhwa and all sounds like a joke.

Then in a hurry to try different tracks, they made Jaldev a literal assistant to Devsena. You don't butcher your greatest strength. Rajnish duggal was the greatest asset the show had and currently he has no role except following Devsena like a puppy. Indian audience doesn't appreciate a guy who has no love or sense of responsibility towards his motherland or family.

Overall they have made so many errors that there is no way the show can now be accepted by the audience

Sad πŸ‘ but true ..but I still feel that maybe the audience maybe did not give it a fair chance 

Edited by gemini54 - 6 years ago
gemini54 thumbnail
Hi Monica that is a pretty name I am Sabita ..it is trying times for us as an audience who still see potential in this show indeed

Originally posted by: Limo

My name is Monica, may I know yours..

Thank you for keeping the interest intact in the trying times..