Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
@kahiliginger - yeah even I saw that. I never wanted Mastani to be shown as a desperate woman or a husband snatcher. I would happily accept it even if she was glorified but I was hoping Kashi wouldn't be vilified. I have never researched on history myself unlike u or many other history lovers. But Kashi struck a chord with me ever since I watched BM. Not because her husband fell for another woman but the dignity with which she handled the whole scenario. She was so inspiring. The show disappointed me on many levels
kahiliginger thumbnail
[QUOTE=BeyondHorizon]@kahiliginger - yeah even I saw that. I never wanted Mastani to be shown as a desperate woman or a husband snatcher. I would happily accept it even if she was glorified but I was hoping Kashi wouldn't be vilified. I have never researched on history myself unlike u or many other history lovers. But Kashi struck a chord with me ever since I watched BM. Not because her husband fell for another woman but the dignity with which she handled the whole scenario. She was so inspiring. The show disappointed me on many levels [/QUOTE

Hey, you got it spot on! I could not have put it better myself! How could we blame Mastani for all that she was? Her beauty and her charm must have drawn Bajirao like a moth to a flame. They were very much in love with each other but such love stories are not perfect because those like Kashi often live in their shadows. 

As much as I feel Kashi's pain I don't believe Mastani was a homebreaker. She was probably gifted to Bajirao and had no option in this matter. On the other hand when Bajirao fell for her he made a choice. This may not have augured well for Kashi but that was her fate, not Mastani's fault. All writers and filmmakers try to make a tragic love story seem larger than life. And in doing so they take the easy way out, by trying to vilify the opposite camp, in this case Kashi, Radhabai and Chimaji. This sort of negativity keeps viewers agitated and they invariably return to see which way the story proceeds. No wonder Saas Bahu soaps garner maximum viewers. It is all a TRP game.
Edited by kahiliginger - 6 years ago
RadhaKrishna_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I just catch a segment..Show is ending tomorrow..Saurabh himself confirmed this..I am really sad that the show is ending cause of the foolishness of the writers, the post leap cast was brilliant to say the least...Hope Karan, Saurabh get a very good opportunity after PB and that too very soon..In the video, I saw that after the death of Bajirao ~ Mastani, Kashi embraces Shamsher and showers all her love to that little kid..😭 which really melted me..Ishita was at her best..She was begging Radhabai to release Mastani which made me felt for her..The ending of the show is much like BM..But Kashi-Shamsher scene really broke me and the Chimaji's reaction after his brother's death..He was shocked and devastated..🥺..Damn, if the writers would have been good, then the situation would have been completely different..Btw, still I am happy that they showed Kashi accepting Shamsher as her son unlike BM..❤️ Hope they show Nana even if it is for 2-3 mins but atleast show him as well..I will really miss Karan, Ishita, Saurabh very much..😭 Hope they come back ASAP.
BeyondHorizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: kahiliginger

Hey, you got it spot on! I could not have put it better myself! How could we blame Mastani for all that she was? Her beauty and her charm must have drawn Bajirao like a moth to a flame. They were very much in love with each other but such love stories are not perfect because those like Kashi often live in their shadows. 

As much as I feel Kashi's pain I don't believe Mastani was a homebreaker. She was probably gifted to Bajirao and had no option in this matter. On the other hand when Bajirao fell for her he made a choice. This may not have augured well for Kashi but that was her fate, not Mastani's fault. All writers and filmmakers try to make a tragic love story seem larger than life. And in doing so they take the easy way out, by trying to vilify the opposite camp, in this case Kashi, Radhabai and Chimaji. This sort of negativity keeps viewers agitated and they invariably return to see which way the story proceeds. No wonder Saas Bahu soaps garner maximum viewers. It is all a TRP game.

When I objected to Baji being indifferent towards Kashi, a crazy Mastani fan leaped and called me names and what not 🤢 I was only commenting on the character of the show not on the real Peshwa Bajirao. My only concern was why Kashi had to be portrayed in a dumb light and this person, he or she whoever it was attacked me just coz I defended a woman who was a warrior. Is bravery restricted to wielding a weapon.

Yes shows want to cash in on saas bahu drama 🤢 Turning history into soap opera is not one bit appealing but for arguments sake u can still say makers took creative liberty for historical figures like Asoka, Chandragupt but for Bajirao u have substantial material which will allow u to build a story that is at least 50% accurate to what happened. But even here if u wish to fictionalize the elements which we know for sure never was the case how will find it convincing?
BeyondHorizon thumbnail
I will miss Karan Ishita and Saurabh too Karan Ishita made a lovely couple n I really hope we get to see them in another show. I know that will not happen but I hope they all get good shows. 
old_charm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

I will miss Karan Ishita and Saurabh too Karan Ishita made a lovely couple n I really hope we get to see them in another show. I know that will not happen but I hope they all get good shows. 

yes the actors would be missed , they all made a great team...😃

our very own mastani (meghna) said...😛 , it was a very very short journey but the team had been superb...😃 , whereas kashi (ishita) said that it often takes a year to build such bond but they all had been so happy & used to bond so well in just so less span of time , sadly it all ended up in 2 months .
swriter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: kahiliginger

First of all no one knows clearly about relationship of Mastani and bajirao.
There is no information about Mastani except she lived in Pune with bajirao and mother of his child.
Even historians don't know about that who was she... A daughter of king chatrasal or a court dancer of his court.

Second she did not home breaker because till his death bajirao was in deeply in love with kashibai.
He respected and loved kashibai deeply. He also wanted to save Mastani from society.
Mastani did not know about fighting or she didn't fight any war.
She only knew dance and singing.
Even historians don't know about her religion which she used to follow.
She didn't get respect in Pune because her mother was Muslim. Or she was a court dancer.
But our so called writers or producers wants to change history for their benefits and because of them now indian people have become more confused for their history.

fan_fiction123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Totally agreed. They messed up show. They could have started with Bajirao-Kashibai bonding to gain popularity and then introduce Mastani