Dev: Episode 5 (Review)

shoppingfreak1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
What an episode! We had mystery, drama, suspense and yeah romance too!
When Dimple's boss was arrested for killing Dimple, I was like no. This can't be. Because the person whom my mom guesses to be the criminal always turns out to be wrong! So yeah, she was wrong this time too & Simple turned out to be the accidental murderer in this not so 'simple' case.
The show always manages to keep one glued to their seats which is superb.
Dev's quirks are getting varied and better day by day and I simply love noticing them because I know how much of effort he puts into them.
Seeing Dev and Meera together onscreen is such a delight! The way Meera has started helping Dev out with his cases is really sweet to see. The part where she makes him say 'please' indicated how similar Dev and Meera were because that's what Dev did with Narvekar in the initial episodes.
And does Meera really hear voices from spirits? It was really chilling to see that.
The tinge of humour put into every episode is really subtle and enjoyable. Totally love it.
That constable, who helps out Dev is so cute!
Dev and Narvekar's nok-jhok always manages to bring a stupid smile on my face. The witty dialogues with which they retort each other (mostly Dev) are written out so well.
Oh well. How can we forget the first scene of today's episode?! It was the most pleasurable one to our tired eyes after all. Well performed Dev & Mehak!*wink*
Coming to the last scene, Dev's kind nature with kids was shown once again and it was really adorable to see that.
Zohra Appa is always worried about her house. Such a cutie she is!
Overall, loved the episode.
The background music at it's best again!
And yeah, special love to the dialogue writers, you guys are doing an amazing job out there!
Missed Madhubala but yeah I didn't miss her portrait on the wall.
Need more time with Dev in shorts please.
The next episode looks totally based on Dev's past. Simply can't wait for that one because Dev's past is my main interest!

- By Prathama

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Amanat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Was eagerly waiting for your review. Just loved the previous ones! This one too, on point!
First scene- Oh my god! What an execution! Hand stained with blood! Unexpected scene transition! πŸ‘
That scene cracked me up when Dev went to the receptionist with Narvekar's card & then he disconnected his call. πŸ˜†
About the case, even I was like no they shouldn't declare the boss to be the murderer. Just love the idea of taking up practical issues. Good job from makers' side!
Meanwhile, Dev- Meera scenes were a delight to watch especially when they were conversing with each other using gestures. πŸ˜†
And yeah- best is yet to come!
Edited by Amanat. - 6 years ago
shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amanat.

Was eagerly waiting for your review. Just loved the previous ones! This one too, on point!
First scene- Oh my god! What an execution! Hand stained with blood! Unexpected scene transition! πŸ‘
That scene cracked me up when Dev went to the receptionist with Narvekar's card & then he disconnected his call. πŸ˜†
About the case, even I was like no they shouldn't declare the boss to be the murderer. Just love the idea of taking up practical issues. Good job from makers' side!
Meanwhile, Dev- Meera scenes were a delight to watch especially when they were conversing with each other using gestures. πŸ˜†
And yeah- best is yet to come!

And I was waiting for your comment just as much!πŸ˜†
Seriously! That scene gave me literal goosebumps. πŸ˜•
Hahaha.. the way he handled Narvekar's call cracked me up tooπŸ˜† He's so ishmarttt
Even I love the idea of practical issues. It was needed on Indian television.
Hahaha.. I agree! Dev and Meera are so funny Lol! Love how they answer back to each otherπŸ˜†
Exactly. The best is yet to comeπŸ˜‰
Thank you so much for loving my reviews.😳
zaniax thumbnail
Well summed up πŸ‘
This show is getting better with each episode. Once again, a significant issue was taken up and smartly executed. Kudos to Director! I couldn't guess the real culprit till the very end.
Opening scene was beautiful but kinda bittersweet since Mehek is no more. Tho, I feel she was negative in some way n tried to harm Dev..he might hav killed her in self defence/out of duty.
Let's see wat happens tmrw :)
shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: zaniax

Well summed up πŸ‘
This show is getting better with each episode. Once again, a significant issue was taken up and smartly executed. Kudos to Director! I couldn't guess the real culprit till the very end.
Opening scene was beautiful but kinda bittersweet since Mehek is no more. Tho, I feel she was negative in some way n tried to harm Dev..he might hav killed her in self defence/out of duty.
Let's see wat happens tmrw :)

Thank you so much. πŸ˜ƒ
This is the only show where my guesses go wrong & I'm glad it does.😊
I also have a feeling that maybe Mehak turned out to be a spy or something & he killed her because he got to know it. Who knows. I'm so loving the suspense his past life holds!
Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Mehak theory making me go oooh.
I think she was bipolar or something and dev tried to take the gun from her and shot her dead. That will explain why in his dreams mehak keeps saying why you killed me dev, cause subconsciously he blames himself for her death since he vowed to protect her. Narvekar hell-bent on thinking Dev is a murderer has to be cause of the case they will handle today epi in past, seems like there was a tough situation where dev pushed him to kill someone (hoping a criminal) and he didn't like it, so thought Dev is a manipultot or highest order and killed his own wife. 

I am totally shipping Meera/ dev. Ashish brings out these s things which is so realistic and amazing, like he was eating some nuts and when Meera steps inside elevator he throws at her to get her attention, the sign language, he noticing her bleeding nose and the last scene with Avi. That was adorable.
preity_d thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Meera-Dev is love ❀️ I am shipping and rooting for them ! ❀️ ... Dunno y but I can't connect to Mahek-Dev scenes, to be Mahek seems kinda cunning, manipulating, advantage seeker- that putts me off !  
Every scene from yesterday's epi that had Dev-Meera was excellent. They have chemistry! And Aashish's eye brows r awesome actors ! ❀️ n I love the til below Sumona's right eyebrow ! ❀️ 
PMOHANTI1774 thumbnail
This show is so good along with detective part they are portraying the emotional side of Dev...ashish chowdhary is nailing it really well I like sumona as Meera she is cute but I also like Mehek too...pooja is really enigmatic and really hot...the 1st scene yesterday was really nicely done by pooja and ashish...same the last scene of sumona and ashish was also really cute...I hope the trp is well so that we could see dev for more time...
Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Adding to what I said^^^ seems like I was the only one who interpreted the funeral scene differently. I thought she is scared of dead body and got some kind of flashback of past, same like the last jhanvi case. She got that nose bleeding cause of stress (I thought she has some disease ) but later in the morgue there was room full of people so she wasn't as scared. I had forgotten about the psychic thing. So she can actually contact with the dead? Btw how come navrekar who's a righteous police officer support a so called fraud? Or he also believe in these tantrik Mata and all?
shoppingfreak1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Avengers.

Mehak theory making me go oooh.

I think she was bipolar or something and dev tried to take the gun from her and shot her dead. That will explain why in his dreams mehak keeps saying why you killed me dev, cause subconsciously he blames himself for her death since he vowed to protect her. Narvekar hell-bent on thinking Dev is a murderer has to be cause of the case they will handle today epi in past, seems like there was a tough situation where dev pushed him to kill someone (hoping a criminal) and he didn't like it, so thought Dev is a manipultot or highest order and killed his own wife. 

I am totally shipping Meera/ dev. Ashish brings out these s things which is so realistic and amazing, like he was eating some nuts and when Meera steps inside elevator he throws at her to get her attention, the sign language, he noticing her bleeding nose and the last scene with Avi. That was adorable.

Mehak's theory will make everybody lose their minds lol.πŸ˜†
Like I'm so interested to know the back story that I can't even convey it in words!! 
Ya.. I totally agree. Whatever it is, I am sure it's gonna be big & worth it.
Narvekar really pisses me off. His easy to judge people nature really puts me off.
After seeing the Sunday's episode, I was really like.. Narvekar is not fit for his police job. If he was so upset, he could've talked decently at least. But no, he didn't.
I'm not into any of the couples lol. I didn't like any of the pair.
Hahaha.. He's a prolific actor! That dry fruit scene literally had me in splits OMG!
Yeah.. it was cute for him to act so nicely with Avi.