Frequent Posters

2filmy thumbnail
Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Some of the comments are beyond cheap
This is a natural thing

Originally posted by: tanvismile

Excuse me! When did I say it's OK? Are u hallucinating? All I said is reactions will be different in India and abroad. People can't expect the same.

So u don't think what aneri and her costar did was correct either!?
pakeezah thumbnail
Honestly, if Lisa wants she can feed her baby anytime she wants. Going by the reactions only one can ascertain that a lot of women have come to know men do feel awkward and many men view it as titillating. I think the picture will turn women OFF breastfeeding rather than encourage. For one, no one knows Lisa Haydon. For another no one wants men sexualizing them while they are just giving their newborn nourishment. Eeugh! 
No one needs to advocate breastfeeding in India by breastfeeding in.public. breastfeeding is common enough. The govt has done enough promotions about mother's milk being best for many years now. And which mum doesn't want that for child?

MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I dont feel any thing wrong my mind is clear no bad things come in when mother feeds child
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sano88

You don't have to show your breasts to create awareness around you. People into the market are buying products and will remain doing that even after seeing such pics. not everyone is open minded out there.. everyone knows how babies are fed but that doesn't mean one should start showing her boobs to the world..

she's not showing her boobs to the world. She's literally just feeding her child. Her child is covering most of her boob anyway. she's not top-less. 

@bold -- you probably don't mean it in a bad way, but this sort of mentality is what keeps us from progessing imo. Just because some people don't see it in a good way/ like it, doesn't mean we should stop all attempts at trying to normalize it. Boobs are just freaking boobs. First and foremost, they are there for FEEDING babies, not for men/women to play around w/ or use to depict sexiness. If you see someone breast-feeding, just freaking move on, it's not big deal (colloquial you, don't you mean you as in you specifically LOL). 
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: lovely_lady

she's not showing her boobs to the world. She's literally just feeding her child. Her child is covering most of her boob anyway. she's not top-less. 

@bold -- you probably don't mean it in a bad way, but this sort of mentality is what keeps us from progessing imo. Just because some people don't see it in a good way/ like it, doesn't mean we should stop all attempts at trying to normalize it. Boobs are just freaking boobs. First and foremost, they are there for FEEDING babies, not for men/women to play around w/ or use to depict sexiness. If you see someone breast-feeding, just freaking move on, it's not big deal (colloquial you, don't you mean you as in you specifically LOL). 

I can see the most of it so i think others cab see it as well.. and the mentality won't change no mattter how much awareness people trying to make..

Edited by Sano88 - 6 years ago
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Didn't click on the link but people these days make issues out of everything.. if she posted it on her insta or FB, then it's her freedom to do so. 

Lactating women everywhere in India have no qualms breastfeeding in the public, and people around also give her a privacy i.e., are respectful of her and her baby's personal space, so, wonder why people criticized her.

Maybe it's the way she posted the picture, people perhaps think she is showing off, or drawing publicity etc, but to be judgemental and critical of what people do on their own online social platforms, is not nice. Her online activity is nowhere wrong or spreading something wrong or illegal. It's just a picture of mother-child, we see everywhere around us.. 
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 6 years ago
ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NathuPyare

India me to people have always been encouraging and supportive to breast-feeding... maybe she wants to spread awareness in Australia or some other country she's currently residing in...people do get influenced by celebrities (though I don't know if she's a celebrity or can influence people outside India also) 

Have lityle knowledge of India is it .Entire campaign by govt to promote breast feeding bec in India every 3 child is dying bec of same and hence govt has started campaign called MAA so it is not like ppl in India are aware
NathuPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: ChannaMereya

Have lityle knowledge of India is it .Entire campaign by govt to promote breast feeding bec in India every 3 child is dying bec of same and hence govt has started campaign called MAA so it is not like ppl in India are aware

may be I have only a little knowledge of India... I haven't surveyed the whole India u see. But the India that I have seen and know of is very much aware of the benefits of breastfeeding.

however, i'm also aware that in certain conditions, mothers do have to resort to feeding their babies milk formulas (like when mothers are producing less milk, there's pain or sensitivity, or in case of working mothers) but they still know that breastfeeding is the best as this has been traditionally advocated by dadis & nanis in the family from centuries.The campaign is mainly to counter the marketing and promotional gimmicks that portray milk formulas to be equivalent or better than breast-milk or for those women who stop breastfeeding after 2-3 months.

But this is not just about being aware of benefits of breastfeeding. The fact is that these milk formulas/powder milk are not cheap, they are quite costly and I don't think that all population of India can rely totally on such things... hence most mothers, especially the less affluent ones in cities or majority of the ones in towns/villages (which already make the majority) are already totally/mostly reliant on breast-feeding...so i don't know where you got the figure that every 3rd child is dying because of not being breastfed... I would be grateful if you can share that link where you got that figure... 
Edited by NathuPyare - 6 years ago