Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

darkzarhi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Justmoi

50 shades you say ? Damn I thought Pride and Prejudice. You know the iconic lines of why these two characters fell in love. Mr. Darcy's famous words "I cannot fix the hour or spot or look, but I was in the middle of it before I was aware" or something like that and he fell in love with Elizabeth for the "liveliness of her mind". I thought ASR the original fell in love with Khushi for the desi soap version of the "liveliness" aka craziness of hers. πŸ˜†

Before ipk, Gul made Geet which had a lively female lead-arrogant young man. Then she made IPK which again had Geet's formula. After IPK she made Qubool hai which again had lively female lead-arrogant young man. Then again in Ishqbaaz lively female lead-arrogant young manπŸ˜†πŸ˜† Although I think Anika from Ishqbaaz did the best lively crazy girl character's acting... she is too good...  Edited by mysterious_rain - 6 years ago
F.I.T.B thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
that's the difference a class actor like her makes all look classy even the serial becomes class apart πŸ˜³

darkzarhi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: F.I.T.B

that's the difference a class actor like her makes all look classy even the serial becomes class apart πŸ˜³

Ooh, a gif from Rangrasiya? You do know that Ashish Sharma's brilliant acting COMPLETELY overshadowed your so-called classy goddess in Rangrasiya, right? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
What kind of class actor is she that hamesha overshadow ho jaati hai?

MJHT- overshadowed by Rati Pandey
Ipknnd- overshadowed by Barun
Rangrasiya- overshadowed by Ashish
Chanchan- overshadowed by the cute dogs πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
Edited by mysterious_rain - 6 years ago
pallavi25 thumbnail

50 shades you say ? Damn I thought Pride and Prejudice. You know the iconic lines of why these two characters fell in love. Mr. Darcy's famous words "I cannot fix the hour or spot or look, but I was in the middle of it before I was aware" or something like that and he fell in love with Elizabeth for the "liveliness of her mind". I thought ASR the original fell in love with Khushi for the desi soap version of the "liveliness" aka craziness of hers. πŸ˜†

Did u watch early episodes of IPKKND where ASR was heaping all kinds of insults and tortures on Khushi? In other Gul shows its been the same, the hand grabbing, physically abusing, insulting male lead, and the helpless female lead hating his behavior yet cannot help herself from getting attracted to him πŸ˜†
That is more 50 Shades than P and P...Darcy would have died before manhandling Elizabeth, his stiff upper lip gentrified British upbringing would not allow him to do that 
I have read discussions on 50 Shades on IPK forum and how Gul was inspired by that book right from  her 1st show Geet hui sabsey parayi (Gurmeet-Drashti) 
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mysterious_rain

Before ipk, Gul made Geet which had a lively female lead-arrogant young man. Then she made IPK which again had Geet's formula. After IPK she made Qubool hai which again had lively female lead-arrogant young man. Then again in Ishqbaaz lively female lead-arrogant young manπŸ˜†πŸ˜† Although I think Anika from Ishqbaaz did the best lively crazy girl character's acting... she is too good... 

Tried watching that Geet, QH and all those after they were recommended to me by friends who were IPK original fans. Nothing pulled me in, IPK1 was instantaneous pull in and I stumbled upon it by accident not even knowing it existed. Sobti and Irani were that good. What kept me going was the rest of the cast. Loved the Mami, she was such a funny yet grey character . 

Gave IB the new show a try, keep trying for the next IPK1, the costumes threw me off. What I saw was the guy was trying really hard to imitate Hrithik I think it was and the girl was just annoying. Could not connect at all. Have not watched IPK3. That is my foray into serial world. πŸ˜†
Justmoi thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallavi25

Did u watch early episodes of IPKKND where ASR was heaping all kinds of insults and tortures on Khushi? In other Gul shows its been the same, the hand grabbing, physically abusing, insulting male lead, and the helpless female lead hating his behavior yet cannot help herself from getting attracted to him πŸ˜†
That is more 50 Shades than P and P...Darcy would have died before manhandling Elizabeth, his stiff upper lip gentrified British upbringing would not allow him to do that 
I have read discussions on 50 Shades on IPK forum and how Gul was inspired by that book right from  her 1st show Geet hui sabsey parayi (Gurmeet-Drashti) 

No I watched an episode in the middle of it  to borrow a line from Mr.Darcy, which the two main leads were interacting rather lovey dovey,  loved the chemistry and decided to watch the whole thing . I just thought the regressive actions were desi serial versions of "love". You can see similar in BW and South movies. Hell even Bahubali 1 had annoying actions like that. 
pallavi25 thumbnail

No I watched an episode in the middle of it  to borrow a line from Mr.Darcy, which the two main leads were interacting rather lovey dovey,  loved the chemistry and decided to watch the whole thing . I just thought the regressive actions were desi serial versions of "love". You can see similar in BW and South movies. Hell even Bahubali 1 had annoying actions like that. 

I also started watching sometime when Khushi first goes to work in Raizada house...but later watched some earliest episodes and it was full of manhandling and abusive behavior by ASR ..
Gul's male leads are always arrogant to the point of abusive, they manhandle the heroine, torture her emotionally, physically, mentally...which is more sadistic than romantic

Did u see in Ishqbaaz, Shivaay forced Anika to marry him by holding her little brother hostage and threatening to blow up the little kid πŸ˜² He even did a pretence blowing up of a car to shock Anika into complying with his wishes.
Gul's abusive male leads are much worse than whats shown now in BW .
Justmoi thumbnail

I also started watching sometime when Khushi first goes to work in Raizada house...but later watched some earliest episodes and it was full of manhandling and abusive behavior by ASR ..
Gul's male leads are always arrogant to the point of abusive, they manhandle the heroine, torture her emotionally, physically, mentally...which is more sadistic than romantic

Did u see in Ishqbaaz, Shivaay forced Anika to marry him by holding her little brother hostage and threatening to blow up the little kid πŸ˜² He even did a pretence blowing up of a car to shock Anika into complying with his wishes.
Gul's abusive male leads are much worse than whats shown now in BW .

Never watched any serial completely except IPK. Could not connect to any. So no clue. Keep giving it a valiant try though looking for the next IPK1.  I can only say the clothes are becoming costumes and weirder and weirder with each serial.

Have you watched Korean serials. They are so different and I connect better not knowing the language, just subtitles. Watching some Paki serials too. 
pallavi25 thumbnail

Never watched any serial completely except IPK. Could not connect to any. So no clue. Keep giving it a valiant try though looking for the next IPK1.  I can only say the clothes are becoming costumes and weirder and weirder with each serial.

Have you watched Korean serials. They are so different and I connect better not knowing the language, just subtitles. Watching some Paki serials too. 

I have watched Fawad-Mahira's Humsafar, it was rather slow but some mindblowing acting from Fawad especially, hes so expressive. 
I have watched dozens of serials since I joined IF and been on as many TV discussion forums...I can tell u Gul Khan and Rashmi Sharma are the worst of the TV show makers 
Rashmi Sharma's Saath Nibhana Saathiya recently ended ...FINALLY πŸ₯³
Now waiting for her other trashy show to end...Sasural Simar ka with its witch, fly, demon tracks πŸ˜†

Thats true, Gul's recent shows have the most bizarre costumes ever seen, did u see all the sari blouses and chunky jewelry in IPK3...Shivani, her 2 sisters, their mother and aunts...all seem to be wearing pieces from curtains, bedcovers, tablecloths etc πŸ˜†
And Barun's clothes ...what are they?  Churidaar ke upar waistcoat? πŸ˜†
Even Ishqbaaz has the zaniest costumes Ive seen πŸ˜²
Justmoi thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallavi25

I have watched Fawad-Mahira's Humsafar, it was rather slow but some mindblowing acting from Fawad especially, hes so expressive. 
I have watched dozens of serials since I joined IF and been on as many TV discussion forums...I can tell u Gul Khan and Rashmi Sharma are the worst of the TV show makers 
Rashmi Sharma's Saath Nibhana Saathiya recently ended ...FINALLY πŸ₯³
Now waiting for her other trashy show to end...Sasural Simar ka with its witch, fly, demon tracks πŸ˜†

Thats true, Gul's recent shows have the most bizarre costumes ever seen, did u see all the sari blouses and chunky jewelry in IPK3...Shivani, her 2 sisters, their mother and aunts...all seem to be wearing pieces from curtains, bedcovers, tablecloths etc πŸ˜†
And Barun's clothes ...what are they?  Churidaar ke upar waistcoat? πŸ˜†
Even Ishqbaaz has the zaniest costumes Ive seen πŸ˜²

I don't watch desi serials. But I did watch Humsafar for Fawad. The Baarish scene for instance. Just so subtle and relatable the romance. 

@Bold. IDK where to see IPK3. I keep reading the most fantastically bizarre scenes like pigeon poop being controlled for remote and want to see πŸ˜†. Hotstar is blocked in the US for me and nothing on You tube like IPK1 used to be.  We don't have star plus.

But I did see the poor female lead of IPK3 in her costumes thanks to IF style buzz. I keep commenting how it weighs her down, the designer is selfish and so on hoping someone in power reads  πŸ˜†. The poor girl needs a decent wardrobe. I wear knuckle rings, ghungroo earrings and such with western wear but only one at a time.