Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DefLeppard thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

My two cents after having watched the first two episodes of KA.

Episode 1

A rebellious teenager is banished from school to reach her grandmother's care to slowly rebuild her life. Eylul shows all the characteristics of a ADHD - Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Being a product of dysfunctional family, she quickly absorbs all the love showered by her granny.Leads meeting at the marketplace where she tricks into stealing the CD is very fluent to introduce them mutually. Her kick in the gut shows the unharnessed energy levels which can bring down an fully grown adult male.!!

A drama unfolds as High School Musical with more noise than music setting the context for the characters their conflicts and convictions.As per Van Der Waal's bonding definition, Bahar and Eylul bonding was dependent of the forces of attraction towards Ali. Esma covalently bonded with Eylul over badger babes.!!!

GulAyse provides the Value Added Services (VAS) like a service provider in being a granny, crusader of girl child empowerment, career planner and finally a match maker?;-)

Ali nurtures the vulnerable Eylul from further withering away. Isn't September a fall month? Very clever usage of the words because Elyul is always out of season- different from the girls of her age.

Ali's disposition is rich kid wannabe Fakir triggers many questions to viewers such as why did he discontinue( Quit) his profession, stay away from his father in a less known place? Does he already know that Bahar has a connection beyond the school? Was his dad committed to Ziyanur due to Ali's biological parents death, hence being adopted?

Gokhan's body language changes from being a mentor to a charming young man without much effort.

The cycle rides to school is very refreshing. It reminds me of very similar scenes in Dear Zindagi movie :)

Eylul breaks from her cocoon to respond to the care and attention from team AA - (Gul)Ayse & Ali to score an A+ grade. :D 

The present, past and future of the drama is set when Eylul wants emulate her role model Ali to become a doctor and Ali dons the doctor avatar impromptu to save a life.

The viral news hits the incubated infatuation (careful not to call it love) for Ali, breaks the new found optimism/faith for Eylul and ebbs the competition in Bahar resulting in cyclone EYLUL. The situation is manifested with granny's untimely death due to medical negligence which was either pre-meditated or just pure arrogance where value for a life is less than a mosquito? Is that Dr.Sinan wanted to organ harvest from GulAyse?

The chaos theory ends with Ali resigning to his job, Bahar's blasphemous complaint withdrawn and Eylul going back to her shell.

The most important scene were the ones in jail when Ali comes to meet Eylul. She says their relationship is weird and different. Ali has realized his affections, whereas Eylul is still unable to understand the mixed signals from within. Perhaps for her, the most important things remain to her granny's happiness. And will did we hear that Ali-septic ointment is out of stock already ;-)

Aaashi(whiterose29) shares as "I loved the dialogue that she said to her granny, something like "I'm not a bad person, I just don't know the difference between good & bad!" That perfectly summed up her character for me."

What worked for me in spite of this being recreated version of a K-drama is that

1. Strong acting and scenarios with non-linear narration
  2. Gokhan...has really pulled me into watching it.
  3. title track...easy breezy.!!

Things which could have been better

1. Change of styling for leads - post and pre time leaps.
  2. Didn't kindle exist 5 years ago...Ali reading so many books. :moque:
  3. Eylul need not get into fist fight for every provoke- needless to say her BG score can be "Everybody was kung-fu fighting, Those cats were fast as lightning...". Hmm :rolleyes:
  4. Okyu looks anorexic, but those big eyes are her USP.

Episode 2

The helicopter shots of the night sky with city skyline reminds me of Gotham city and another Dark Knight!!. The mafia giving into a woman to treat him, the fireman being injured shows the Eylul has skills to manage like Ms.know it All(Ali). ;-) The entanglement of Bahar continues with 2 or more(?) sidekicks as interns. So many supporting characters to count in..Alp, Samat, one more, Oguz aka Dr.Robot, I just hope each character has an arc to the story rather than wasted as props at the hospital.

The re-entry of Ali was again very charming. His first few lines to Eylul was direct and confident.(I was giggling silly watching them). While the senior and junior doctors work in teams to attend their cases, Bahar chooses to be a spectator and gossips the marital status of Ali. While the day progresses, the narration provides glimpses of Selim and Ali's acquaintances. But are they classmates, ready for bromance or is there more to meet the eye?

Eylul's godfather is Selim. Why did Ali give the local guardian privileges to Selim?

The conflicts of business interests and its mortgages is brought with senior citizens who steer their directions, which might hit or miss their kin. Ali being attacked by a fired employee, the Ms.Kung-fu jumping instinctively to save him are first signs of symbiosis. 

Internal training ends with Ms.Kungfu getting another A+ with Bahar left with A-!! 

Father and son enjoying their Kofta street food is very endearing, and derives the equation they share. The day ends with another rain scene, which looks like a pattern to establish their milestones?

Esma is brings in the spunk and sentiment in the life of lonely girl on the planet :D Please be the cupid to trigger their love hormone.

Dr.Sinan realizes that Eylul is one their staff (to bring back the focus of retribution in Ms.Kungfu or Dr.Sinan pause to know if Eylul's house coat being whiter than his like Rin ki Safedi? :mfr_lol:) and Ms.Bitch is busy with her L-Lies.

That last few minutes of the boxing ring was exuding the sexual tension between the two. :download:Too Hawt to handle.

My dedication to the closing scene of this episode for Ali.

You know, I've been taking some time
And I've been keeping to myself (self)
I had my eyes up on the prize
Ain't watching anybody else
But your love, it hit me hard, girl
Yeah, you're bad for my health
I love the cards, that I've been dealt
Do you feel the same as well?

- Liam Payne

Edited by DefLeppard - 6 years ago
BenNevis thumbnail
@DefLeopard
Beatiful analysis of the First 2 Epis. toatally agree with you on everything you wrote.

Oyku was looking more beatiful with bit of flesh  in KG and now looking more Anorexic in KA as you said.

Im really impressed with Gokhan's acting, who is very apt to this character, cant imagine someone else in his character.

Its getting more interesting as each episode passing by. 

As I did watch both versions already, (though its 5 epis only for Turkish), seems like they dont change the Scenarios of the story ,in my opinion. 

But Turkish version is  bit more dramatic than the Korean  where as they kept it simple & short in the original.

Edited by BenNevis - 6 years ago
whiterose29 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Esma is surely going to the jodi shipper for Ali-Eylul. πŸ˜› Her reaction on seeing Ali at the cafe after so many years was so cute & amusing. πŸ˜†

I agree, Oyku looks quite anorexic in certain scenes. Especially the ones in flashback (Episode One). She looks much better now in the present scenes, as doctor. <3 I like the subtle make-up used for her, and yes I'm one of very few people who didn't like Oyku in KG because in that, neither her character was impressive nor her styling. But in Kalp Atisi she's rocking in both departments. ⭐️⭐️

Gokhan is seriously very impressive. ❀️ The man has a charming smile with those cute dimples. <3 I love how he tries to mess up with Eylul. πŸ˜› The last scene of second bolum had so much sexual tension arising between the two. β˜ΊοΈ

I like that Alp guy too, man he's so fangirling about Eylul. πŸ˜†
Edited by whiterose29 - 6 years ago
DefLeppard thumbnail

Episode 3 Miracles  - billions of blue blistering barnacles.

While Eylul survives a close call in the boxing ring, Ali's "single status is declared a winner J. My mobile was heating up while streaming those scenes. She quickly persuades him to a MRI scan/ treatment where Ali seems to be amused for all the attention he gets, while we viewers are not complaining either!! Maybe they could have thrown a scene of Eylul  bandaging him? Oh that would be another clich after the lead in crutches already. Huh

They say that doctors don't have a work-life balance. This is proven when the dinner being served by Esma is cut short with duty call. So motor mouth Esma has let the cat out of the bag. Eylul will now have to act denial stronger now. He..he. *Ali with those animations looked super cute*

Globalization of henna and ubiquitous mother-in-law/son/daughter-in-law frictions causing a ripple of the accident leading a pregnant lady and her father to the hospital. If last episode was chaos theory, this ones attempts on supply demand.

Dr.Robot loses his commands when he cannot connect to the commoners concern, maybe Vicky from Small Wonder had more miracles. The lead docs jump into the pandemonium working on several cases back to back. We finish visiting the OPD, Gynecology, Neuro, Cardio and finally the pediatrics to know how the human body works.

Okay...girls/woman can do most things that man can including fixing flat tyres in cars on a highway, just like Eylul pulled a patient to the curb and drilled a jack into his skull to fix it. Dr.Robot sings "that don't impress me much, challenging Eylul to put the old tyre back on the frame too. Ali who hears the breakdown, becomes on road support to tow the patient back to safety. Ali mentoring Eylul to focus was like he was spanking a teenage Eylul while this was conveniently watched by the gallery crowd..oops doctors. Voila, she fixes Dr.Robot's circuit too. The Eylul admiration club has found a new member and fee hikes proposed too?

The backdrop of the conspiration between Ziyanur and Suleyman will lead to "Et tu Brutus soon. Hasn't the wise Ziyanur realized the pesky behavior of the inglorious doctors or Selim and Ali's liking to Eylul which might be the next Bermuda triangle or the low productivity of his staff!!

Eylul's playlist is like Independent Women, Survivor (Beyonc), No (Megan Trainor) etc and Ali is still crooning to Right here waiting (Richard Marx), Everything I do (Bryan Adams).

Ali please be innovative to stump her senses, she isn't a teenager with date or drive tricks. The shell is ten years old strong, tall and lonely. Teach her to live her life, the fall colors are beautiful too.

Who is your teacher? A text book from the university giving you a degree or life full of experiences. And competent Eylul failed to use her degree while handling Umut's case, where in Ali's experiences were more valuable. His advice to Eylul was profound. We only hope for miracles and live in strength of that hope.

Umut hangs on for a miracle to happen, Father-daughter are united by a miracle and the mafia admirer learns the miracles of past and present.

Aren't we are like barnacles holding to miracles??

A few lighter moments is the fast paced episode was mafia gifting the solitaire necklace, Dr.Robot's ultrasound equipped natal positioning more accurate than Google maps, Bahar peeping the labour room like watching the Nat Geo birthing series of animals etc.

I would love to see doctors working in teams more collaboratively and interacting more intellectually than bickering like a fish market. Like most of you have mentioned, less cases, more depth/backdrop to the characters as receptors to the cases and more non-work peeps will help to build the plot.

My dedication to Ali & Eylul

When you open your mind
You'll discover the sign
That there's something
You're longing to find

The miracle of love
Will take away your pain
When the miracle of love
Comes your way again

- Eurythmics

MrsAkyurek thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Best after Beren and Engin? That's some high praise! I mean, they managed to sizzle with bare minimal touching and without even being all over each other at the drop of the hat like the other Turkish couples I've watched so far. 

Gotta check this one out!
Edited by CaputDraconis - 6 years ago
BenNevis thumbnail
Originally posted by: CaputDraconis

Best after Beren and Engin? That's some high praise! I mean, they managed to sizzle with bare minimal touching and without even being all over each other at the drop of the hat like the other Turkish couples I've watched so far. 

Gotta check this one out!

@Bold

Very Indeed & Surely its  some high PraiseπŸ˜†, as Beren & Engin Chemistry is divine nd never comparable with any other couple of any series, as the story is very unique.

I haven't seen many turkish couple so I did said it "For Me" in Brackets after mentioning Beren & Engin in Fatmagul. 

I did watch KPA, and started comparing everything that I watch with Fatrmagul and felt its more physical than emotional, unlike Fatmagul. (Though Im biggest fan of Engin's performance in KPA )

I really dont like the Story of KG(as somany relationships in very short span) though its story is something that everyone can discuss.

I really loved "OK" for the story and the performance of the leads and other actors but I didnt connected well with their romance which sometimes felt like Daghan is not 100% into it .

After OK, this series caught my eye as I love the Strong female characters .(its obvious , that our Cinema/telly world dominated by mostly male as strong and women are just dolls, which I really hate to watch)
After Engin , I really fell in Love with Gokhan for his potrayal of Dr.Alif Asaf( I really wonder whether such Men do really exist in real world as he waited for such long years for his love hoping she loves him back) . I loved Oyku for her beauty but not her character in KG but truely loved her as Ipek in KPA.

When we  are in love with someone, we do feel that everything that belongs to them seems very beatiful and wonderful & perfect.Isn;t it.? May be this is the real reason I felt the Chemitstry between Oyku and Gokhan is great for me πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† Coz, after Engin & Beren, I did fell in Love with Oyku & Gokhan.(ofcourse their characters and the acting)

I do really  love two professionals in real life , one is Docotors and the other is "Teachers/Professors". 

May be my love for this show as its seems a "a total package" of entertainment and actually, I'm watching that what I really wanted to watch (except the past of the leads, which is very painful for me, though its the crux of the story).

Forgot to mention, I really loved the Chemistry of Kivanc and Farha Zaynep Abdulla in "Kurt  Seyit & Sura"  and I can say Kivanc done a good Job as Kurt Seyit, but its bit more Physical than emotional , as I truly felt.

Its available on Netflix if anyone interested. 

Hilal Saral is one of my favourite directors and a big applause for directing such wonderful series after Fatmagul.
BenNevis thumbnail
Originally posted by: whiterose29

Esma is surely going to the jodi shipper for Ali-Eylul. πŸ˜› Her reaction on seeing Ali at the cafe after so many years was so cute & amusing. πŸ˜†

I agree, Oyku looks quite anorexic in certain scenes. Especially the ones in flashback (Episode One). She looks much better now in the present scenes, as doctor. <3 I like the subtle make-up used for her, and yes I'm one of very few people who didn't like Oyku in KG because in that, neither her character was impressive nor her styling. But in Kalp Atisi she's rocking in both departments. ⭐️⭐️

Gokhan is seriously very impressive. ❀️ The man has a charming smile with those cute dimples. <3 I love how he tries to mess up with Eylul. πŸ˜› The last scene of second bolum had so much sexual tension arising between the two. β˜ΊοΈ

I like that Alp guy too, man he's so fangirling about Eylul. πŸ˜†

Totally agree with you on everyline , you wrote. me too wishing the same of Esma , who is a true friend of Eylul.😊

@Bold

I dont really expect this kinda scene in KA if its not  a  remake . its Obvious this kinda scenes gives highest ratings so felt they keep it as it is which makes sense.πŸ˜•, though I feel , for any couple  touch is one of the important expression of Love. Here the couple are not typical teenagers but matured adults, hence they showed it that way( There isnt anything that inappropriate in this scene and everything went well with the flow ), I think.

whiterose29 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
@BenNevis- I understand what you mean to say (about the chemistry thing), and yes that's some really high praises for Gokhan-Oyku. But if I solely talk of Oyku, then for me shares some great chemistry with him, because I could never like her chemistry with both leads in KG. πŸ˜•
IMO a storyline too plays an important role when you talk about chemistry.😊 Engin had different chemistry with Beren, Tuba & even Fahriye, but for me his chemistry with Beren was just too outstanding. ❀️ <3

As for Oyku, she & Gokhan compliment a lot each other. 😳 But I 100% agree with what you wrote about KG.

I have to give a try to Kurt Seyit someday, heard a lot praises about it. πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: BenNevis

I dont really expect this kinda scene in KA if its not  a  remake . its Obvious this kinda scenes gives highest ratings so felt they keep it as it is which makes sense.πŸ˜•, though I feel , for any couple  touch is one of the important expression of Love. Here the couple are not typical teenagers but matured adults, hence they showed it that way( There isnt anything that inappropriate in this scene and everything went well with the flow ), I think.

Got your point, but yeah, if its a Turkish remake then you can definitely expect such a scene. πŸ˜› I assume this scene was included by the makers to show the viewers that Ali-Eylul then began to feel physically attracted too towards each other along with sharing an emotional bond from past. 😳

Also, can you edit the title of this thread to 'Kalp Atisi DT', so that the ones watching this show can post their views here? πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by whiterose29 - 6 years ago
DefLeppard thumbnail

Episode 4 Before it's too late compassion or compulsion

In search of missing brother, a mafia rival is compelled to take his revenge before it's too late. The preaching of compassion has no effect on his heightened emotions, resulting in a blood shed. The knight with a shining crutches comes to rescue the damsel in distress. Ali cannot revisit the sorrow of losing another loved ones and reacts on Dr.Robot who moves in slo-mo as if his battery was in its warning levels. Duty beckons for Eylul who jumps to help the mafia in concussion.  Can we have Ali to teach her to upgrade her self-defense skills? ;-)

Ali gives a new definition of high mile club. He..he. The timely entry into lift cabin to meet a nervous Eylul was great screenplay. When Eylul compels to press the emergency button, a flirty Ali take controls of the all the buttons lift and her senses. With an assumption of being her torch bearer, he quickly calms her down with a hug. The hug signified how Ali was trying to get past his fear, by allowing her into that void being created after the loss of his parents. His long breathe into her hair was his way to welcome her back into his mind space. I would like to call this as an act of mental intercourse in which energies was shared. Agree, this is one of the best scenes in the dizi so far.*Gokhan you have nailed Ali to the T*

They mystery man Mehmet is dragged into the action by chance. Poirot Eylul finds the missing baby near a trash can and Ali helps to recover the girl with honor. The case has Alp disposed to his origins when Ali parts his wisdom of compassion and not compulsion.

Selim's flashbacks gives us glimpse of Eylul's life post fiasco. Didn't she call Selim abi? I give him the benefit of doubt to be a pislik later. My hunch is that Mehmet would have continued a platonic relationship with Eylul bringing trouble with his waywardness. Now is Selim upset with Mehmet's reappearance or with Esma's tea? LOL

The next morning Esma's surprise is gone kaput when Ali  appears. In a cute banter, he smartly earns his brownie points by hanging on to Eylul. Esma, you are not the only one feeling hot. We all fanned too!!!

Oguz bumps into Eylul only to realize his entire OS has been upgraded. Feeling a Marshmallow, he shows active participation in the cases.

While bidding farewell to mafia, who is indebted to Eylul's treatment, she spots Mehmet. Ali being her bodyguard realizes Eylul's eagerness with Mehmet. Eylul would have continued her life without Ali and would have met several others in the last 10 years. Ali giving hostile looks to drive Mehmet away might work initially, but he needs to accept her eco-system as well.

The fish market (read as OPD) is converted to a feudal war zone with warring families in dire straits. Eylul quickly moves to treat them and develops compassion to the older couple Musa and Fatima.

In the meanwhile dysfunctional Bahar compels other to believe that she is never at fault, only for another patient to be sacrificed. Being a part of the noble profession, Bahar got to realize what works is compassion and not compulsion because she could been soon viaJahannam and not viaAgra!!

Ali doesn't waste time is catching up with Selim. Is it a triangle, or a straight line with end points? There is no clear answer from Selim either.

The saga of Musa and Fatima is soon understood that it's the case of timeless love. If Musa can move away from Fatima for reasons best known, Fatima too waited to his return. If Fatima show shades of Eylul granny, Musa shows the grit of Ali. With an uncanny resemblance to the lives of Ali and Eylul, the leads are determined to unite the lovers before it's too late.

Ali's unabashed complimenting, ridiculing and cutting back on Eylul during Musa Fatima case was a treat to watch. He is just compelling for her to LOVE him.

Unfortunately Fatima cannot be saved and this disturbs Eylul to speak her mind in Fatima's words She only loved Musa.

A final twist to the sub-plot is a disturbed man Serdar who is desperate to meet Ziyanur. Will he be the connecting dot for the past and present?

A Korean investor in a Korean remake drama was a satirical twist. More bug meetings to find solutions to foolishness only proves the time has come for some forceful re-strategies. If marriages were like mergers and acquisitions, then marriages wouldn't be made in heaven.  If heaven had to be scornful, so be it. The rain uniting the leads for an impromptu waltz for an iconic song "dance to me to the end of love, with perfect body language and reversal of roles to soak in the moment was an alternate paradise. And before it's too late, Ali makes his move to passionately kiss Eylul, for them to be aware of their past and future. He would stand by her for everything she desires, she dreams and she dares.

My dedication to Ali & Eylul

I see you off to dreamland, and all that that implies

But I can't let you go, with just one kiss...from your tender lips

And I can't live without, the love I know...that I know you give

Is it too late...too late...too late to love you

Is it too late...too late..too late to love you

How'm I gonna get inside?

It seems no matter how I try

It's only ever down to you

Down to you!

- The Rembrandts

PS:

Eylul's breakdown scenes after Fatima's death was heart wrenching. Okyu did wonderfully to emote the helplessness and loss very well.

A special mention to the Ali and his fracture cast dialogues. *cute*

Kudos to the team who worked for painful long hours to create this onscreen magic for us*rain scene*

BenNevis thumbnail
Originally posted by: whiterose29

@BenNevis- I understand what you mean to say (about the chemistry thing), and yes that's some really high praises for Gokhan-Oyku. But if I solely talk of Oyku, then for me shares some great chemistry with him, because I could never like her chemistry with both leads in KG. πŸ˜•

IMO a storyline too plays an important role when you talk about chemistry.😊 Engin had different chemistry with Beren, Tuba & even Fahriye, but for me his chemistry with Beren was just too outstanding. ❀️ <3

As for Oyku, she & Gokhan compliment a lot each other. 😳 But I 100% agree with what you wrote about KG.

I have to give a try to Kurt Seyit someday, heard a lot praises about it. πŸ˜›

Got your point, but yeah, if its a Turkish remake then you can definitely expect such a scene. πŸ˜› I assume this scene was included by the makers to show the viewers that Ali-Eylul then began to feel physically attracted too towards each other along with sharing an emotional bond from past. 😳

Also, can you edit the title of this thread to 'Kalp Atisi DT', so that the ones watching this show can post their views here? πŸ˜ƒ

@Bold& Red

Im very glad, the makers chosen Gokhan as her lead in this series. He is one of good actors who can emote all expressions with his eyes and body language(though Engin is best ) . This is the reason , I do feel his chemistry with Oyku is worth watching as we do feel it as if its real.

@Blue

Really?πŸ˜‰ 
I thought Turkish wont go of  any further of a  french kiss.This scene got me surprised when watched it first, then later realised its the same scene of the original.

Im glad they dont show consumation of marriage  either as they show in Indian series as a festivalπŸ˜† ( yeah, I havent watched any other series except i did mention in this thread. so my knowledge of these kinda  scenes is bit new for me)

@Pink
Thanks for the Suggestion and did edit my post according to that.

Beren & Engin in FG , its one of a kind. Never fed up to watch/talk of FG. Its one of all time great series for me.

@Purple

I did watch *Kurt Seyit & Sura" which is based on real life story of a Turkish Army officer & Russian noble woman Alexandra (Sura).

I really do feel sorry for Sura and shed buckets while watching.

I didnt like Kivanc before  but in S&S , you can watch his wonderful performance .
looking forward to see your review on that too in future😊