Mixed emotions

gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
πŸ˜•Todays episode had mixed impact on me hence the title mixed emotions.  I know that this forum has great writers and thinkers who maybe able to interpret the episode differently than what I did.
Here are my thoughts 
  • Queen S what is she? The actress is doing a great job but the characterization is confusing to  me. Is she just a ruthless queen, or does she have ulterior motives to bring down Devasena herself...what is with her attraction to Mahisha?
  • King A what is he afraid of? That he will no longer be the king but Mahisha Will? Is he Devasena real Dad? He is not giving me that vibe.
  • The sister still not sure ?
  • Devasena 2.0 seems even more innocent than the 1.0 ..almost vulnerable though wants to destroy her enemies 
  • Jal or Shiv ..his actions confusing, he is attracted to D but wants to kill her, uses furtive tactics that does not seem to be the Aryan way of 1.0
  • Mahisha the fire element..who does he want to destroy?..the actor seems almost robotic
  • Hahuma talks about the five elements going to kill D but seems quite ineffective in prediction.
  • Not sure if it was just me but today's episode lacked something , a cohesiveness, a crispness in screenplay..left me with mixed emotions didn't feel as satisfying as other episodes.
  • Maybe it is just me..thoughts??
Edited by gemini54 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Limo thumbnail
I felt the same pinch with tonight's episode, maybe my expectations was different, hence came in the way of enjoying. I hope tomorrow brings better tides.
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: gemini54

• Not sure if it was just me but today's episode lacked something , a cohesiveness, a crispness in screenplay..left me with mixed emotions didn't feel as satisfying as other episodes.
  • Maybe it is just me..thoughts??

I am with you. I too felt some kind of ... well... disconnect (?) I can't exactly tell what but there was some lack of cohesiveness. 
candy02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Sabitadi, apt πŸ‘..

I was imagining that I am the only one to think that the episode was somewhat a disconnect from the previous 10 episodes. For me, the cohesion or the coherence was definitely missing. Even then I will say that I am used to of so much crapfest that I will simply ignore it as an one-off hick up.

Anyways, it seems that Sambhavija has got some ulterior motive, which is definitely not in Devasena's favour. Though not surprising, but I am appalled by her despicable lusty nature.

Silamban is trying his level best to thwart any possibility of having a co-husband. I am confused regarding his equation with Devasena. When he has caught his wife red-handed, he did not take a second to push Devasena towards Mahisha in order to save himself. But later when Devasena did not agree for the marriage, he seemed to be concerned.

Devasena version 2.0 seems to be softer, more righteous & virtuous than version 1.0 !! 

How come a sample showpiece of Aryan race roams almost unnoticed in a Dravidian marketplace, when there is so much animosity between the clans!! I am surprised that Varundev version 2.0 got hazy glimpses of his past life when he had glanced at the statue for the first time and when he actually sees her in flesh so minimal reaction!!! 

What I have liked about the swayamvar is it is open to anyone and everyone, and it is only based on merit, instead of on bloodline / legacy etc.
Edited by chandrima02 - 6 years ago
Tsuyashi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I guess everything has changed after 200yrs leap maybe thts y it was...
We all fell different cz tht was the plan of d makers..
My family actually loved it yestrday cz it was more of everything n not just being serious... I thnk it ll pull.more viewership... Hope it does! 
They left d characters confused so tht we keep guessing who's what..
braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I somehow found jaldev a bit vulnerable yday...not like varundev...he was shown to be fearless. ...
But jaldev has been sent by the Aryans to kill Devsena...I mean he has come into an enemy's camp without a definite plan πŸ˜•
How does he plan to do it...I think he himself isn't sure...but then why was he sent like this...no homework before entering a place where supposedly everyone is his enemy and he can lose his life anytime πŸ˜•
tttttt1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I think they are trying to add more layers and volume to this part ... could be to make a complete entertainer ... trp could be one reason
Part one was simple and the focus was on conflicting emotions of the leads ...how they were caught between duty and love .,... the rest of the cast were purely supporting no one stood out ( I like armugam but too short )

Here I guess the team is trying to focus more on a fantasy story and develop supporting cast.. villain is not One but 5 ... antagonist is very dark , there is comic elements
Plus unlike Varun dev jal dev doesn't have to prove anything ... he has some powers so he's chosen for the mission ... he's more care free
Also in part 1 it was more of exsistence for aryan ... now its more of expansion... it's survival for dravids now
ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Agree...something was amiss...however I liked that there were some fun moments, since the whole story is pretty grim.

What I felt about the scene when Jaldev Sees Devsena is that he was awestruck with her beauty when seeing her in flesh and blood. Plus the realization that she is the one he has to kill. A conflict of mind over heart is going on, there wont be much of reminiscing into a past, he too does not remember but just comes back to him in flashes.

So that bit was ok for me.

I am a bit confused as to why Devsena said yes to the marriage with her opponent. Does she know he is one of her enemies?

monumolu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I was ok with the leads part and I did not feel anything amiss apart from a soul jerking reaction from JD when he first saw her. I like the soul connection more than someone being smitten. I really hope this playful JD and the more sensible DS will continue the legacy of our VarSena. This is the first show where you feel you are almost seeing different leads even if they are the same. Awesome work by writers and RD, KN for giving us two couples to die for in a single show. 
Now coming to the amiss part of other characters. I don't know what to expect from DS family. Silambasan was confusing like hell, he doesn't seem to love DS either. How quickly he tried to push DS for marriage? I think she is in a triple chakravyuh - One set by all the destiny star kids, another by manipulative relatives (I have not got a nice vibe from Sambhavija, Silamban or Mekhla) and the manipulative revelations of Hahuma. I can't understand how come Hahuma was so casual about some of the destiny kids loving DS, she would never want love anywhere in the equation.

I guess what we all kind of felt amiss was the mystery element left intentionally by the makers. I really hope this show gets it due credit and not be termed as a wannabe of Game of Thrones as it is not that even though there may be some inspirations. 

DanmeiLover thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I think the major reason behind all these confusions is the leap and new set up with new characters. 
We don't know them yet. Their true faces are hidden behind shadow just like the 5th destiny kid. 
Before leap all the characters were out in the open for the viewers. Their real intentions were not left to guess. We almost knew beforehand what to expect from them. 
But I like this strategy of story telling better. Leaving some mystery,  suspended,  element of thrill and puzzles to solve. 
This is in fact the first episode after Varunsena death that I enjoyed , because of this particular style of story telling;  because of the unpredictability of the characters. 
King Silamban doesn't want the lust filled intentions of Queen S to be fulfilled that's why he's doing any thing within his power to thwart her plans. He hates his wife ; and for good reason. 
The way he was forced to sire Devasena is it a wonder he's not emotionally attached to Devasena? ? He hates the mother and hates his own helplessness. Devasena is more influenced by her mother and Hahuma and obsessed over mission. So there's no such warm father - daughter bond as was there in the preleap. 
When Devasena come to King S with request of sparing Mahisha's life it was natural for King S to think that Devasena wants to marry him and finds him her worthy match and likes him therefore S felt nothing wrong in declaring their marriage when he caught his wife and Mahisha together. But when Devasena protested vehemently against this decision and declared that she wouldn't marry Mahisha under any circumstances,  Silamban realised that D was only asking to spare him for humanity. 
Now coming to Queen S,  she's evil and lusty,  with absolutely no morality so no surprise over her lusting over Mahisha and hurting her own daughter when D opposed her. She has her own motives and her agendas. A mother who ruthlessly kills her own newborn sons,  one couldn't and shouldn't have any expectations of her being a great mother to her daughters either. Everything and everyone including Devasena is a means to an end for her. 
Mekhla;  the other princess ; she always tries to find out what is going on through D's mind . She's another unpredictable character and I love that fact about her.
Hahuma - well. . She was quite cryptic about her hints today and that's fine. In fact she shouldn't be giving D any hint or more help altogether. It's high time. If H provides all help and hints then what so great about D ? Does she have any individual capability or not?  Done with her running to Hahuma all the time. She needs to find out the rest herself. 
Jaladev - He's a man on a mission and that mission is - to kill Devasena,  as simple as that. Like any young man of his age he felt a whiff of attraction towards the beautiful princess but that didn't distract or deter him from his mission and nor it should. I'd lose all respect for him if he forgets his mission just by seeing D and falls for her. It'll all happen in due time in due course and it'll happen with both at the same time,  just like previous birth. 
He was quick to recognise that it's the same lady as that of the stone statue in the cave but even when she was fighting with Mahisha;  JD was fantasising about killing her brutally. 
This is all good because don't we want them to fall for each other over their innate good qualities,  integrity,  morality,  character and good heart? We don't want to see a love between these soul mates that's based on previous birth flash backs and physical good looks ! That'll be too superficial and not justifying two grand characters like this. 
Mahisha hates Queen S but wants to marry D because he likes D plus it gives him power , access and ample opportunities to destroy S. 
Other 3 destiny kids will soon make their entry too and the convolution will only increase.
To be honest this is the best episode after Varunsena death one. It has all the elements in right balance. I really loved the funny parts since the light hearted moments,  if not too silly or too stretched are much needed and refreshing in a story as grimly set as Aarambh. 
Edited by Lady_Macbeth - 6 years ago