Paramavatar Shri Krishna

Too many inconstancies in this show!

xogopi1022 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
1. both yashoda-nand and devki-vaasudev were really old when they had yogmaya and krishna. Like biologically impossible, which makes at miracle.
2. devki and vaasudev were in the dungeon not in some weird cave like structure. It was called a kaaravaas. Janama maunder in mathura proves so. 

3. Radha was a few year older than krishna not the same age.

4. krishna killed many demon before he turned the age of 5.

5. Putna- she was the first of the demons to try and kill krishna and her method was poisonous breast milk not kheer? and krishna kills her and drinks her milk because when he was in Vaaman bhagwan avatar Putna loved him and wanted him to be her child but when he killed her father, she wanted to kill. thus, krishna accepted both wishes. This all happened within a month of his birth. 

6. after all the demon kept coming to Gokul, And and yashoda went in to handing to avoid kans's demons. 

These are just some of the major story plots that are just plain wrong. I feel like the producers and creators didn't even put any effort to making even a somewhat accurate story. They just got on the band wagon to make a religious show. 

With the amount of protests that go on in the name of religion, how has no one retaliated to say something and fact check?

The best one is Ram Anand Sagar's Shree Krishna series from the 90s because it was so factually accurate!

Overall major disappointment! :(  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Agree with most of your points, but Yashoda and Nand were not too old. They were childless for many years, but not yet beyond child bearing age. The Bhagawat has them married for some years without children, but not 'old age'. On the other hand, Devaki and Vasudev were quite young. They got married in their late teens, had their first baby right away, and all the other babies over the next 10 or so years. So Krishna and Balaram were born to them in their late 20s or early 30s. Nand and Yashoda were about 10 or so years older than Devaki and Vasudev.

Also, Radha being older than Krishna is false. Brahma Vaivarta Purana (the main source for Radha Krishna) has her being 14 days younger than him, which is what the show followed. The story of her not opening her eyes until she glimpses Krishna is true.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Agree with most of your points, but Yashoda and Nand were not too old. They were childless for many years, but not yet beyond child bearing age. The Bhagawat has them married for some years without children, but not 'old age'. On the other hand, Devaki and Vasudev were quite young. They got married in their late teens, had their first baby right away, and all the other babies over the next 10 or so years. So Krishna and Balaram were born to them in their late 20s or early 30s. Nand and Yashoda were about 10 or so years older than Devaki and Vasudev.

Also, Radha being older than Krishna is false. Brahma Vaivarta Purana (the main source for Radha Krishna) has her being 14 days younger than him, which is what the show followed. The story of her not opening her eyes until she glimpses Krishna is true.

Janaki what would we do without you😳

Actually I don't mind them showing inconsistency in age or even house and staying place set because a show needs some amount of glamour and dramatics to sell it 

What I don't like is over the top emotional outbursts which are inconsistent with general behaviour pattern depicted tend in the major scriptures

Also I don't like them showing Krishna doesn't remember anything and the way they got Putna killed 

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: NandiniRaizadaa

Janaki what would we do without you😳

Actually I don't mind them showing inconsistency in age or even house and staying place set because a show needs some amount of glamour and dramatics to sell it 

What I don't like is over the top emotional outbursts which are inconsistent with general behaviour pattern depicted tend in the major scriptures

Also I don't like them showing Krishna doesn't remember anything and the way they got Putna killed 

Yes, that is true. I can deal with inconsistencies if story at least is shown accurately. 
guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Agree with Janaki and Nandini as well. While it's understandable that filmed interpretations of books often have to change things around to make better sense, in the case of PSK, it's just unnecessary and too OTT. 
For example - showing Radha opening her eyes next to Krishna was cute and sweet (I don't remember if Radha came to Krishna or vice versa, though I think it was the latter), but having Puranmasi doing the naamkaran and then chanting "Radhe Krishna" with her arms in the air was OTT and unnecessary. 

Extending this Putana track is beyond pointless.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: guenhwyvar

Agree with Janaki and Nandini as well. While it's understandable that filmed interpretations of books often have to change things around to make better sense, in the case of PSK, it's just unnecessary and too OTT. 

For example - showing Radha opening her eyes next to Krishna was cute and sweet (I don't remember if Radha came to Krishna or vice versa, though I think it was the latter), but having Puranmasi doing the naamkaran and then chanting "Radhe Krishna" with her arms in the air was OTT and unnecessary. 

Extending this Putana track is beyond pointless.

I agree; it was in fact Krishna who came to Barsana to visit Radha, not the other way around, but that took is ok. The first meeting of RadheKrishna was cute and well written, but like you said, the naamkaran was weird and totally out of place. First of all, the character of puranmasi is a fictional one, and second of all, it was sages who did naamkarans, not any random lady. The naamkaran ceremony was a religious ritual, and Krishna's naamkaran, along with Balaram's, was performed by Maharishi Garg, who was the Raj guru of the Yadavas. This is a well known fact, and this is also how Vasudev and Devaki know that their seventh and eighth children are alive and well. Gargacharya returns to Mathura and tells them of Krishna and Balaram's names, and their welfare in Gokul. 

Puranmasi chanting 'Radhe Krishna' was so weird and out of place. Is there no sense of subtlety left in new mythos nowadays? They love to do foreshadowing to the extent that it leaves nothing to viewers' logic. It's like they consider viewers stupid. Like, everyone knows Radha and Krishna are going to be a couple, but there's no reason for them to be a couple from their infancy itself. That's just weird, and didn't happen in that time period. Radha and Krishna would've been considered normal babies, and their parents would be taken aback if a random lady came by and paired their babies together. Personally, I half-expected Yashoda and Radha's mom to pick up their babies and be like, "what the" and give Puranmasi weird looks, but they seemed totally chill.