Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
In my opinion its not Colours Chandrakanta's fault that Aarambh has low TRPs and also people cant really be questioned as to why they are watching that show. Its a matter of choice
Also colors chandrakanta is not even a slot competitor of aarambh so I really dont understand the point of comparison

Life OKs chandrakanta is the slot competitor so why no comparison with that?

I think Aaeambh not having the numbers has more to do with aarambh itself and nothing at all to do with  chanrakanta or its numbers 
ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
1) I think the show needs to be marketed differently. One has to lure the viewer into raising their curiosity to watch a show.
Watching TV is a daily habit which means one needs to warm up to it. This new promo is something that makes a viewer want to know what happens next. Lets hope such more promos are played out. Positive and relatable promos. Earlier ones were more war related.

2) Secondly the high level shudh language spoken. Its a bit too heavy for aam admi to understand. Check out Ekta's period shows They all speak like as if they are communicating in the 21st century. Sounds stupid but is relatable.

3) Keep the story central to couple of key characters. If the story dwells on too many characters it is lost for an ordinary TRP viewer.

P.S. Cant wait for the dual to begin tonight. The last episode was super awesome. Saw Varundev emote so brilliantly. Like someone said best meet of two very strong characters in a TV show.

No stupid trip and fall act
Edited by ddsoaps - 6 years ago
clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It is disappointing indeed. 

I am not disappointed with the numbers per se because as stated by Nandini and others, it is not indicative of the quality of a show. In fact, TRPs almost seem inversely related to the quality of a show in the Indian context. 🤢

IMO, even romance alone cannot bring TRPs. Romance-based shows usually top the chaska meter here on IF, but many of them don't work well on the TRP front.

Based on what the TRP audience likes, there is a need for strong dramatic themes in Aarambh which they would want to watch. Romance is like a bonus but not the foundation for TRPs.

A show Aarambh can maybe take inspiration from is Jodha Akbar. Romance fans AND drama fans loved it. YHM is also not solely about romance and family drama plays a huge role in the storyline.

I also feel another factor denting Aarambh's numbers is it being aired on the weekends. For a show like Aarambh, consistent connect needs to be built with the audience. The audience can only be invested in the characters if they see their trials and tribulations regularly.

The show airs twice a week with gaps in between episodes, which causes people to lose interest. Weekends also mean people want to watch something different from what they watch on the weekdays.

Somehow, I feel Aarambh should have been a daily soap, though the production quality would have been hard to sustain for a daily soap.

I just hope SP doesn't axe it. That would be the worst. For the first time, there is a female lead I love and can relate to. If SP was so impatient with KLKAH when it's been less than 4 months since it started airing, I don't know what their reaction will be to Aarambh's numbers.
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Double post.Edited by ErisedWitch45 - 6 years ago
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnkurBaksi

It proves that our audience are still stuck in the saas-bahu & supernatural genre ðŸ¤¢

True.

I don't mind watching supernatural genre in hindi IF they show some logic in it. They start showing whatever they want in the name of fantasy. Also I find it funny how these "supernatural" shows, at the crux of it, are just saas vs bahu since the saas always turns out to be a villain! :D
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Originally posted by: VasusenaRadheya

If this ratings continue,  Star Plus will scrap the show before it's earlier decided runtime !!! I'm so depressed right now ! After a long time I got a show I liked  so much . 

I can't believe that crap Chandrakanta of colors is getting such high ratings with an extremely regressive love story . ðŸ¤¢

Never watched Chandrakanta but it does have high trps. It's an Ekta show so I never really bothered with it.

Given the taste of TRP audience, the ratings for Aarambh seem uncertain.
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NandiniRaizadaa

In my opinion its not Colours Chandrakanta's fault that Aarambh has low TRPs and also people cant really be questioned as to why they are watching that show. Its a matter of choice

Also colors chandrakanta is not even a slot competitor of aarambh so I really dont understand the point of comparison

Life OKs chandrakanta is the slot competitor so why no comparison with that?

I think Aaeambh not having the numbers has more to do with aarambh itself and nothing at all to do with  chanrakanta or its numbers 

I understand your pov. Showmakers seem to recycle the tried and tested formulas since audience seem to like it. Aarmabh's low ratings is not the fault of other shows but I strongly feel that Aarambh (storyline, characterization wise etc) is on the right track. Just that this track isn't fitting in with the TRP junta who have set preferences. 

Since quite sometime in hindi tellyland, TRPs are not proportional to the quality of the show. For majority. I am loving Aarambh. Personally for me numbers are not imp but sadly (and financially) for the channel it is.
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ddsoaps

1) I think the show needs to be marketed differently. One has to lure the viewer into raising their curiosity to watch a show.
Watching TV is a daily habit which means one needs to warm up to it. This new promo is something that makes a viewer want to know what happens next. Lets hope such more promos are played out. Positive and relatable promos. Earlier ones were more war related.

2) Secondly the high level shudh language spoken. Its a bit too heavy for aam admi to understand. Check out Ekta's period shows They all speak like as if they are communicating in the 21st century. Sounds stupid but is relatable.

3) Keep the story central to couple of key characters. If the story dwells on too many characters it is lost for an ordinary TRP viewer.

P.S. Cant wait for the dual to begin tonight. The last episode was super awesome. Saw Varundev emote so brilliantly. Like someone said best meet of two very strong characters in a TV show.

No stupid trip and fall act

Good points. I am a bit iffy about toning down the language. It feels good to see a period show using (at least) some refined form of a language.
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Originally posted by: clarity

It is disappointing indeed. 

I am not disappointed with the numbers per se because as stated by Nandini and others, it is not indicative of the quality of a show. In fact, TRPs almost seem inversely related to the quality of a show in the Indian context. 🤢

IMO, even romance alone cannot bring TRPs. Romance-based shows usually top the chaska meter here on IF, but many of them don't work well on the TRP front.

Based on what the TRP audience likes, there is a need for strong dramatic themes in Aarambh which they would want to watch. Romance is like a bonus but not the foundation for TRPs.

A show Aarambh can maybe take inspiration from is Jodha Akbar. Romance fans AND drama fans loved it. YHM is also not solely about romance and family drama plays a huge role in the storyline.

I also feel another factor denting Aarambh's numbers is it being aired on the weekends. For a show like Aarambh, consistent connect needs to be built with the audience. The audience can only be invested in the characters if they see their trials and tribulations regularly.

The show airs twice a week with gaps in between episodes, which causes people to lose interest. Weekends also mean people want to watch something different from what they watch on the weekdays.

Somehow, I feel Aarambh should have been a daily soap, though the production quality would have been hard to sustain for a daily soap.

I just hope SP doesn't axe it. That would be the worst. For the first time, there is a female lead I love and can relate to. If SP was so impatient with KLKAH when it's been less than 4 months since it started airing, I don't know what their reaction will be to Aarambh's numbers.

I liked your detailed analysis.

Airing it over weekdays might help establish a better connect but till recently the TRP topper was a show (Nagin) which used to be aired only on weekends. Though I for one would love a 5 day telecast. It would make the wait for new eps easier :D

Dramatic themes coupled with romance is what other shows do. Aarambh too has it's own share of such themes. I have a feeling that the disconnect might be due to the chacarterisations of the FL (mainly) and ML. I am loving DS and VD but generally audience always look for a submissive FL and a dominant personality ML. Equal or  an inverse of that is not something they like. That is what makes Aarambh different. I watch another SP show where the ML is decent and is not an @ss and even that isn't doing great on the rating front. :D