Take 4 | Yahan sirf Peshwinbai rehti Hain

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
I've decided that I shan't discuss anything about Mastani (unless she affects Kashi). So no criticism, we've had enough if it!

Yet again, the episode starts on a cheerful note. Rakhma is such a bright colourful spark of energy in the house! I can't wait to see her scenes with Chimaji.😳

"Yeh hawa unki Khushboo Bhi udaa le jaati Hai", haha, so cute! She's complaining to the winds for they take away his scent of him. Note that Bajirao is also a storm, a wind. I think Kashi dislikes dynamic, fast moving changes. She's a 'grihast' and likes things as calm and composed rather than speedy and erratic. Naturally, she doesn't like the wind (and Baji's nature of being so fast & not stopping for anyone).

Balaji senses and realises this hence he recommends Baji to maintain his 'sukoon' till he meets her. I liked his raise of eyebrow and concern when he says 'Gaa rahi thi'. I guess he doesn't want him to repeat the mistake he did, which he highly regrets now. :(
[I'm waiting for Radhabai Balaji meet. It'll either be extremely cold or fiery and sparky.]

Back to Saswad, Radhabai instructs Kashi to stay calm and engage herself in other affairs, that is, to distract her mind so that time passes swiftly.
"Yeh intezaar Ka maanjha Bhi bada tez hota hai. Agar kheecho toh hriday kat jata Hai [please forgive me, I don't remember the exact line :p]"

The more you wait, the stronger the emotions get. And they only harm your soul.

Now for a very impactful scene. Bihu comes home and is excited. I loved how the Nanad - Bhabhi relationship hasn't changed, she still made it a point to taunt Kashi before running in 😆

She goes onto meet Radhabai and is rudely shocked. The warm mother and the loving shade has turned harsh & hurting.

"Jab tum kehne waale Aap bolne lage toh rishton mein Bhi aupchaarikta aa jaati Hai"

But I can fully understand Radha. She's worried, her daughter isn't conceiving and she knows her Zaavde Baapu will resort to other means to get a kid. It isn't a joke or a matter to be neglected.

She knows the disappointment, the pain when a husband resorts to other needs. And at all costs, she doesn't want the same to happen with her daughter.
Note, in those days people did get remarried to have kids.

Coming to Bihu's POV, we often mistake our parent's concern to their stubbornness. We should look deep into talks and understand that our parent's strict behaviour does not mean distancing themselves from you.

When she says : "Yahan toh sirf Peshwinbai rehti Hain. Main toh yahan apni Maa se Milne aayi thi".
It just broke my heart! Poor Radhabai, so broken and stern.😭

And I loved how Radha pointed out this :
"Prayaas se bhale hi saflta naa mile par samadhaan doondhne Ka samay aavashya mil jaata Hai". A great approach!
She wants her in laws to feel that they're genuinely trying to have a kid and his husband doesn't leave her alone.

In all this, I feel she still thinks Balaji resorted to someone else cause she wasn't sufficiently doing her job. Hence she's always extra careful and self depriciative.

Chimaji - our swagster! OMG what effing handsome behaviour!

"Satya se Woh log darte Hain jinka Mann saaf Nahi hota"
And there goes our Pant's mouth absolutely shut! He challenges him to openly accuse the Peshwa and he's numb. Wah!⭐️

Enough of me, what's your say? :P

Edited by .-Amethyst-. - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeyondHorizon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Res 😃 I seem to be the first this time 😃
[Edited]

I don't have a personal grudge against Megha Chakraborthy, the girl playing Mastani. In fact I feel sorry for all the flak she is receiving for playing the character. Some are calling her ugly and some are disappointed she is not like DP. But the truth remains - how many actually liked DP in BM? PC though had a short role she overshadowed DP in every manner. Even though Ranveer DP were a loved couple, both onscreen and offscreen, audience loved the chemistry between Ranveer-PC aka Baji Kashi more. So needless to say the actress playing Mastani would be bashed, even if the roles between Ishita and Megha were reversed.

Just mentioned this as I saw Megha being bashed left, right and center and really felt sorry for her

Not commenting on Mastani scene either 😳 I am so mad at Bajirao I might as well quit watching the show if I think about that scene 😵

I like all the scenes that have the women of the Peshwa household. While one depicts the hardships of holding herself upright and living as per the societal norms dictate despite bearing the wounds of betrayal, another is hopelessly devoted to a man who will never be hers, who will never acknowledge her presence in his life and then finally we have a woman who symbolises the innocence and happiness of a wife whose husband adores her.

I was hoping Bhiu and Kashi would have mended their ties and when did Kashi become younger to Bhiu that she is calling her Tai? 😕 I guess Bhiu still feels some resentment towards Kashi. That animosity was not there when she greeted Rakma or am I imagining it? 😕

About Bhiu and Radhabai scene, I felt it was Bhiu who was the one who is still stuck in the past and being a child. You cannot expect it to be all fun n frolic. Situations change and her brother is no longer her playmate but a warrior now. Being the peshwanbai, her mother needs to stand tall and erect to fight against the enemies both within and outside the peshwai and the simple Radhabai would probably not have survived it. She probably has an intuition that her Kashi is bound to suffer her fate and hence she is being protective of her. She is trying hard to shield her daughter in law's innocent love but alas she will not be able to thwart the storm called Mastani 🤢

Back to Bhiu, its sad that her inability to conceive is a blotch on her married life but the truth remains that even to this day a woman is blamed if she is unable to conceive. Nobody is concerned to even think if its possible something is wrong with the guy. It could be the same case here. Now with the advancement in medical science women and men have so many alternatives they can seek to beget a child but back the woman had to face the society's ire 😡 I understand Radhabai's concern but she could have been a lil comforting. I cannot possibly relate it to Radha's own fate coz Radhabai gave Balaji 4 lovely children. Baji and Chima both are gems of a kid. I don't think Balaji resorting to comfort in another woman's arms had anything to do with this. Maybe back then since he used to be away from home for a long time he felt the need for the solace of a woman's arms though this in no way justifies his infidelity but in recent times that is not the case. There is no prolonged periods of absence in a couple's life and if there is the couple fall apart and go their separate ways which is still way better. Here Radhabai has no choice but to put up with the bile in her throat. Her concern is not wrong and neither is Bhiu's stand. Will that puja really help her in anyway? It is just a facade to showcase to the society. .

I guess Balaji gave a subtle hint to Baji to not repeat his mistake but alas. Like father, like son The lack of emotion in his eyes was heartbreaking 😭 Kashi is so excited to have him back but this guy doesn't share even 0.01% of her enthusiasm. He may not have chosen Kashi for himself but he needs to remember that neither had Kashi chosen him in the first place. Yet she made every attempt possible to be a devoted wife. Can't he see the happiness in her eyes? How can it not affect him in any way? 😭
Edited by BeyondHorizon - 7 years ago
kahiliginger thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
The PB scriptwriters are to blame for falsifying history. The real Radhabai never badgered Bhiu for being childless, rather she supported her.

In fact Bhiu enjoyed tremendous clout in the Peshwa family because her husband was a rich moneylender and he was Rau's biggest creditor. When Rau died in 1740 his office owed him nearly 14 lakh rupees, a huge sum in those days.

In deference to her status as the reigning Peshwa's sister Bhiu's husband never remarried for an heir but did take mistresses as per the custom of the day. Thus her marriage was privately unhappy just like Kashi's.
Edited by kahiliginger - 7 years ago
Mannmohanaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeyondHorizon

Res 😃 I seem to be the first this time 😃

[Edited]

I don't have a personal grudge against Megha Chakraborthy, the girl playing Mastani. In fact I feel sorry for all the flak she is receiving for playing the character. Some are calling her ugly and some are disappointed she is not like DP. But the truth remains - how many actually liked DP in BM? PC though had a short role she overshadowed DP in every manner. Even though Ranveer DP were a loved couple, both onscreen and offscreen, audience loved the chemistry between Ranveer-PC aka Baji Kashi more. So needless to say the actress playing Mastani would be bashed, even if the roles between Ishita and Megha were reversed.

Just mentioned this as I saw Megha being bashed left, right and center and really felt sorry for her

Yeah I understand. But when will people comprehend that actors just 'act' out scripted roles? Obviously, she won't be any eternal beauty and due to her role, people are making fun of her. That's so insensitive, rude & childish! I agree that even Ishita would be bashed, if she took up Mastani's role.
Not commenting on Mastani scene either 😳 I am so mad at Bajirao I might as well quit watching the show if I think about that scene 😵

I like all the scenes that have the women of the Peshwa household. While one depicts the hardships of holding herself upright and living as per the societal norms dictate despite bearing the wounds of betrayal, another is hopelessly devoted to a man who will never be hers, who will never acknowledge her presence in his life and then finally we have a woman who symbolises the innocence and happiness of a wife whose husband adores her.

It's all in the mighty ruthless fate 😭

I was hoping Bhiu and Kashi would have mended their ties and when did Kashi become younger to Bhiu that she is calling her Tai? 😕 I guess Bhiu still feels some resentment towards Kashi. That animosity was not there when she greeted Rakma or am I imagining it? 😕

No, actually my mom says this is right. In those days it was a tradition that the Nanad kept teasing her Bhabhi whenever she got a chance. So let's enjoy it, it's all in good spirit and light hearted!😆
And for Rakhma, I think she'd grown up when Chimaji got married. But with Kashi, she hasn't let gone of those fights they have had. It's cute I think!😳

About Bhiu and Radhabai scene, I felt it was Bhiu who was the one who is still stuck in the past and being a child. You cannot expect it to be all fun n frolic. Situations change and her brother is no longer her playmate but a warrior now. Being the peshwanbai, her mother needs to stand tall and erect to fight against the enemies both within and outside the peshwai and the simple Radhabai would probably not have survived it. She probably has an intuition that her Kashi is bound to suffer her fate and hence she is being protective of her. She is trying hard to shield her daughter in law's innocent love but alas she will not be able to thwart the storm called Mastani 🤢

Exactly. Radhabai is the pillar of Peshwa household. This coupled with her personal experiences has made her very firm and insecure.

Back to Bhiu, its sad that her inability to conceive is a blotch on her married life but the truth remains that even to this day a woman is blamed if she is unable to conceive. Nobody is concerned to even think if its possible something is wrong with the guy. It could be the same case here. Now with the advancement in medical science women and men have so many alternatives they can seek to beget a child but back the woman had to face the society's ire 😡 I understand Radhabai's concern but she could have been a lil comforting. I cannot possibly relate it to Radha's own fate coz Radhabai gave Balaji 4 lovely children. Baji and Chima both are gems of a kid. I don't think Balaji resorting to comfort in another woman's arms had anything to do with this. Maybe back then since he used to be away from home for a long time he felt the need for the solace of a woman's arms though this in no way justifies his infidelity but in recent times that is not the case. There is no prolonged periods of absence in a couple's life and if there is the couple fall apart and go their separate ways which is still way better. Here Radhabai has no choice but to put up with the bile in her throat. Her concern is not wrong and neither is Bhiu's stand. Will that puja really help her in anyway? It is just a facade to showcase to the society. .

Well said! ⭐️
I don't know what will happen. I hope Bihu is cured! :D

I guess Balaji gave a subtle hint to Baji to not repeat his mistake but alas. Like father, like son The lack of emotion in his eyes was heartbreaking 😭 Kashi is so excited to have him back but this guy doesn't share even 0.01% of her enthusiasm. He may not have chosen Kashi for himself but he needs to remember that neither had Kashi chosen him in the first place. Yet she made every attempt possible to be a devoted wife. Can't he see the happiness in her eyes? How can it not affect him in any way? 😭

Ugh. Baji has lost his respect in my eyes. Such partial love cannot be comprehended. I'm telling naa, they're just anyhow justifying BM which is totally wrong! I wish Ishita overshadows Megha like PC over DP. Ideally, they shouldn't have glorified BM but shown it as in history, with all its glitches. Maybe then public would've tried to understand it. But this whole set up leading to it looks so baseless and false. God help them!🤢
GumnaamHaiKoii thumbnail
Well! Hello am Sakshi new to this forum and an on and off viewer of the show.

I just wanna know why is radha bai upset with Balaji... i mean she is really rude after the leap.

Edited by Crazy_Saks_ - 7 years ago
Mannmohanaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Crazy_Saks_

Well! Hello am Sakshi new to this forum and an on and off viewer of the show.

I just wanna know why is radha bai upset with Balaji... i mean she is really rude after the leap.

Hello Sakshi!The real reasoning isn't out yet but we assume that Balaji keeping a mistress and having a son with her has miffed Radhabai to a great extent. Welcome to the forum!
GumnaamHaiKoii thumbnail

Originally posted by: .-Amethyst-.

Hello Sakshi!The real reasoning isn't out yet but we assume that Balaji keeping a mistress and having a son with her has miffed Radhabai to a great extent. Welcome to the forum!

@Bold Thanks Amethyst...sry i dunno wht i should call u...Thats really sweet of you.😳

Oh! If this is the reason i guess her rude avatar is justified then for i always admire her for the brilliant householder she was i dunno why balaji even needed a mistress.😕..and has a son too... well that must have quite distrubing for a faithful wife like Radha.

Like Father like son..Arggh! So bad that powerful men always fail to acknowledge their wife's hardship and existence...😭

Thanks for replying..
Edited by Crazy_Saks_ - 7 years ago