The beginining of the End?

gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
This show is very fascinating. The actors doing a great job. The story filled with intrigue , greed, bravery, love and treachery.

Today's, scene by Devasena left tears in my eyes what powerful emoting by the actress. Her eyes speak volumes.

One gesture by Varundev to give water to the weak has set the things of the future in motion. Today was the day Devasena the queen emerged from Devasena the daughter. Today is the day Dayalani found her actions thwarted by an emerging rightful queen, today is the day Hahuma saw that what is fated is bound to happen. Today is the day of a beginining or beginining of the End..only time will tell.

Closing with this quote

I am a warrior in the time of women warriors; the longing for justice is the sword
Please share your thoughts

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Payalj_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Gemini, remember me?😊
I am also loving the show. But was it necessary to show the Dravidians so inhuman and irrational with no sense of justice?

One of the greatest civilisations on earth almost seemed like Neanderthals with fancy clothes.
gemini54 thumbnail
Hi Payal of course I remember you. It is great to see a familiar person post.

After my debacle with a show that you know of I decided I will watch any show with loads of pinches of salt.  So I agree with you that they are showing dravid as barbaric but the way I am viewing this show or seeking to view it is two civilizations at war and one headed by a strong woman..I am loving the actress who portrays Devasena hence my post.

Originally posted by: _Payalj_

Hi Gemini, remember me?😊

I am also loving the show. But was it necessary to show the Dravidians so inhuman and irrational with no sense of justice?

One of the greatest civilisations on earth almost seemed like Neanderthals with fancy clothes.

_Payalj_ thumbnail
@Gemini
Agree with you. It's better to have no expectations. Overall this show till now is very well made and has limited episodes. So I have some hopes. Star plus never compromised with quality of shows like Everest also inspite of the horrible trp.

In the show till now the heroine has been shown to be fiesty and strong while the hero very kind and principled. It also seems like a doomed love story with both the protagonists burdened under their responsibilities. Most probably devsena will die as she will no way agree to marry Varun Dev after he destroys her people
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I think  this type of uncivilused laws in a civilused society always causes its downfall 
_Payalj_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: NandiniRaizadaa

I think  this type of uncivilused laws in a civilused society always causes its downfall 

Agree with you. When structures become too rigid, the process of downfall starts
Melkor thumbnail
In his book The Immortals Of Meluha,Amish Tripathi wrote about two different sets of ideologies.He said that when one ideology or system becomes stagnant,the other ideology takes over and revives the society.It is the law of nature.
Yesterday's episode showed a very brutal and inhuman side of the Dravidian system.I believe that the makers intend to show that inhumanity can creep inside any form of system.Be it patriarchy,matriarchy,monarchy or democracy.
And when inhumanity takes over the best remedy would be to remove the existing system of rules and replacing them with a new set of rules. 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

In his book The Immortals Of Meluha,Amish Tripathi wrote about two different sets of ideologies.He said that when one ideology or system becomes stagnant,the other ideology takes over and revives the society.It is the law of nature.

Yesterday's episode showed a very brutal and inhuman side of the Dravidian system.I believe that the makers intend to show that inhumanity can creep inside any form of system.Be it patriarchy,matriarchy,monarchy or democracy.
And when inhumanity takes over the best remedy would be to remove the existing system of rules and replacing them with a new set of rules.

Very well said!
Agree with you on inhumanity creeping inside any form of system..
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
In a way, Avarmudan ended up being like that bull which needed to be sacrificed before Devsena could ascend the throne.

The whole thing really does go to show how these people are more concerned about blindly following some real strict laws without weighing them out.
gemini54 thumbnail
Yes, throughout history great civilizations have fell because of rigidity.

Originally posted by: _Payalj_

Agree with you. When structures become too rigid, the process of downfall starts